Gay sauna blaze ‘not suspicious’

1. Is smoking still allowed in these places?

1. Not legally but u can in alot of them

2. small outside smoking area on the top floor – fire broke out on the lower floor

3. A friend was there last week and said how dirty the place had become -lets hope the repairs bring the place up to scratch – sorry had to laugh at the thought all those queen outside in their towels – I hope all are safe.

Gav

4. Paddyswurds 21 Mar 2011, 7:55pm

Probably depends what your smoking… I wonder if it was Morrocan gold could the conspiracy theorist racists make a case for blaming an ethnic group

2. I’m wondering Wer these guys are it wud be well funny seeing a group of them running around London naked

3. ‘not suspicious’ Hmm… More info please.

1. @John

If there was a fire in a scout hut that was declared not suspicious by fire investigators would you be interested in what tests they had carried out, the investigators carried out, the hydrocarbon examinations, the accelerant tracing and the other tests – probably not I suggest – and nor would I; partly because I know that our fire investigators are some of the best in the world and unless there is good reason to I trust their integrity rather than question it. I also accept the answers I am given by professionals unless/until I have grounds to question their findings. I know a number of guys on here are “disappointed” that this is crucial evidence from experts that is saying there was nothing malicious in the fire at Chariots, whoever was suspected. Some people seem only to accept evidence when it fits the story they hoped/believed was the case …

1. Paddyswurds 21 Mar 2011, 10:45pm

@stu……Amen

1. NOOO!!! IT WAS THE PAKIS THEY DID IT WITH THERE MINDS!!!!!!!!! I TELL YA!!!!!!!!!!!

2. NOOO!!! IT WAS THE PAKIS THEY DID IT WITH THERE MINDS I TELL YA

4. Jock S. Trap 21 Mar 2011, 2:11pm

“A Fire Brigade spokesman said it was not clear what happened to the sauna’s customers, who were presumably in a state of undress.”

Naked Gay men – Uniformed Firemen…. hmmmm, I wonder!

5. I hope no one got hurt.

———-

– Electrical fault?
    – Someone smoking meth in a room?
    – An accidental-looking fire set to cover a robbery
    – A deliberate attempt to harm people?
    – A prank gone awry?
    – ??????

1. musclelad23 21 Mar 2011, 3:06pm

It’s been reported as an electrical fire from dodgy wiring in the internet rooms.

1. musclelad23 21 Mar 2011, 3:07pm

My first thought was meth though.. then arson..

1. Helen Wilson 21 Mar 2011, 4:21pm

Maybe they ran out of lube and the fire was caused by friction!

LOL

2. Paddyswurds 21 Mar 2011, 7:59pm

could it be that Philip Windsors Indians wot wired it….lol

1. Peter Gregory 22 Mar 2011, 12:42pm

too racist

6. evidently there was quite a lot of dodgy electrics. Lights faulty etc.

7. I’ve been in here a few times while out on a night in London and needed a place to stay (warm and I can hide in the lounge) and it does get abit dodgy there sometimes. I’ve seen the staff using a floor polisher by the pool before and the sunbed door fell off once so I’m not surprised.

8. Paddyswurds 21 Mar 2011, 3:17pm

Looks like the racist conspiracy theorists are running out of options, although some will stiil want “more info”…….Unless you were there and were injured it aint any of your fcukin business…get a life ffs.

1. Sister Mary Clarence 21 Mar 2011, 4:29pm

Not off the hook so easily paddy, I bet if we look closely at who did all that wiring 40 years ago, there would have been some bloody Muslamites amongst them.

You got to give it to them, these Islamisists are nothing if they aren’t canny.

I bet this was planned years ahead. That’s how their minds work. They probably sat down and planned it all those decades ago to time perfectly with the brown shirts marching through the East E …. sorry, the East End Gay Pride community event.

They’re all against us. Look a poor Jose getting given the horn the other day by the Muslamian (or possibly South American) woman.

Dear God, you tell me these aren’t connected!!!!!!!!

Its a bloody war field out there

1. reductio ad hitlerum

1. Paddyswurds formerly Boston 21 Mar 2011, 6:54pm

@scott ……give it a rest . Don’t you have anything else to say??

1. Not when what im saying atm is so important.

2. Paddyswurds 21 Mar 2011, 8:02pm

@scott …..but you’ve said so often before. Ad infinitum if you like. And it dont make a lot of sense in relation to what SMC said really.

2. musclelad23 21 Mar 2011, 6:54pm

Best comment ever.

3. David Myers 22 Mar 2011, 8:22am

Your such a troll! GTFOOH

4. Peter Gregory 22 Mar 2011, 12:51pm

Too racist. Hatred of Moslems is inflammatory. In the East End they originally hated Chinese. Racism is complicated- it’s easy to go to, for example Philippines and get robbed several times, for example, but hatred of them isn’t constructive, Go to Malaysia and you can’t meet nice people. Sadly go to many places in the middle east and just like in Northern Ireland, you have Sunni vs Shia. Complex and going back a long way, but the way forwards isn’t by these comments.

1. Peter Gregory 22 Mar 2011, 4:17pm

Sorry- my comment was MEANT TO SAY : “go to Malaysia and you can’t meet NICER people” sadly, mt typo made ME sound like a racist! OOPS!

1. Absolutely Peter, and just as there will be those within the Muslim community who do need to be dealt with for homophobia and other matters – there will be those in the LGBT communities that also engage in inappropriate behaviour which should also be tackled. In any case, the LGBT cause is weakened when we lash out.

9. Paddyswurds
    Obviously you have no clue whatsoever about the hundreds of years of gay persecution.
    It’s very understandable why gay people should be suspicious of anything like this.

1. no it is not understandable – the fire brigade say its not suspicious – give them credit as professionals (who incidentally are a pretty gay friendly bunch)

1. It IS understandable. I am not in any way ‘getting at’ the Fire Service. I am saying that, after all the attacks on gay people, it is understandable why gay people should be cynical.

1. It may be understandable that some people in the gay community suspect that the fire was malicious …

What is not understandable is then when the professionals say they are satisfied from their investigations that it is not suspicious that people question this and call the integrity of the professionals into doubt …

Thats plain wrong

2. yes you are – because you want to believe a very silly persecution theory you infer the professionals are not doing their job – sorry but its a consequence of your position.

3. Paddyswurds 21 Mar 2011, 7:41pm

Your getting at anyone who isn’t as racist as you which would be an impossibility tbh.

2. Paddyswurds 21 Mar 2011, 7:47pm

@ Andrew.. Ya know all those naked men who disappeared, ..well i just had an idea….they are down the firestation. The fire was put pretty quickly and now we know why….. the firemen bundled all those naked hunks into their fire tender and whisked them away for a bit of debauchery. What if Melanie Phillips finds out . She will blow a fuse for def. OOOOh sailor or in this case fireman….lol

2. Total Bull, Only the Jews are more paranoid than gay people.
      If there is anything even vaguely anti-gay, hordes of people immediately jump on the bandwagon of accusing anyone and everyone, when it turns out a totally innocent reason, and then everyone has to rapidly retreat back into their little holes. Never yet have I seen anyone say “OK, so I was a little reactionary there”.

As soon as something like this happens, the apparently guilty are arrested, tried, sentenced and hung before there is so much as a jot of real evidence.
      You people ought to be thoroughly ashamed of yourselves.
      Thank God our own police and judiciary don’t act like you lot.

1. Some gay people are paranoid – fortunately not all of us

3. Paddyswurds formerly Boston 21 Mar 2011, 6:58pm

@Ian Bower And you do. You have no idea nor do you know anything about what i know about the history of gay persecution. Oscar Wilde was Irish youknow as was Sir Roger Casement. Do you know what the Black Diaries were for instance… Thought not. Funny how it’s only the facist racists among us who are suspicious.

1. @Paddyswurds – so you choose to wallow in the self defeating pity of historical persecution – pick yourself up, dust yourself down and have some respect for yourself.

1. @paddyswurds that comment above should have been to @Iain Bower sorry …

1. Paddyswurds 21 Mar 2011, 10:48pm

@ Stu …you had me going there for a bit stu…..i agree with you completely .

2. Of course both the police and the fire department are homophobic and will lean their findings to obviously dismiss any possibility of it being a homophobic motive. The discarded cigarette was quite obviously placed by a collective of Al Quaeda and the Westboro Baptist Church, because as we all know, God hates fags.

10. Phoenix0879 21 Mar 2011, 3:36pm

Given the timing, I still think it’s a highly suspect “accident”, but whatever. Although, had it been homophobic, the perps would have been proud of it, boasting on FB etc.

1. So you are saying that the Fire Brigade investigators are covering something up? Why?

11. Two people suggested on this message board it could have been due to smoking meth….Are people still doing meth? And why at a gay sauna when its wall to wall cock one oculd be ‘smoking’??!

1. People are still doing meth

Not seen it at chariots shoreditch though

1. Stu, there is undoubtedly a cover-up going on with the police and the media about the homophobic posters. Once the authorities start colluding to deceive, people lose trust in them. Just like they have covered up racist attacks on white men, and they allowed the paedophile gangs to run for years.

Why do we now have a muslim spokesman on Pink News blaming the “faith communities” for the homophobic stickers – yet still no admission from the police or the media what happened. Hari & Burston were right.

Why is he asking “venues” to sign up for a no-hate charter, when such a charter already exists and is never used unless threats are made by the EDL.

Clearly our gay “leaders” don’t give 2 figs about getting prosecutions. I guess they’re just happy they’ll be dead before we live in a sharia state.

Can you point me to any media report on the incident where car loads of muslims attacked The George & Dragon?

1. musclelad23 21 Mar 2011, 6:49pm

Can you not take a break from attacking muslims for a single minute mate… You have been at it literally all day. This comment section has nothing to do with muslims. If you want to comment on the faith community guy, do it there.

Do you actually have a job or is propagandizing for the english defence league a full time occupation?

1. Paddyswurds 21 Mar 2011, 8:08pm

@ musclelad….. i think a big Muslim hunk must have knocked him back (understandibly so given the smell of racism he gives off) and he is carrying a grudge against all Asians……..ya think?

2. Well said musclelad23 – certainly the Chariots sauna incident has nothing to do with Muslims and this thread was initially to do with demonstrating the the incident was an accident but some conspiracy theorists or those determined to condemn Muslims whether its based in fact or not continue to harp on with their theories – as a 999 worker I am offended. I thought the LGBT communities were bigger than this – clearly not.

The propaganda and hatred being spouted particularly that not fitting the facts established by professionals is outrageous and depressing.

I suspect a fire investigator had said that they had seen a spirit that had told them that the local Imam had torched Chariots then it would have been accepted by some on here as indisputable evidence.

Where Muslims have done wrong lets deal with it – properly and calmly and appropriately, where others are doing wrong – whoever towards lets deal with them

2. @James – some of what you say may be true and there may be some element of either “cover up” as you call it, or as I suspect is more realistic – careful control of information in an investigative scenario that is covered by potential for sub-judice.

Regardless, the stickers appear to have no connection to Chariots. There is evidence from the professional fire investigators that it was accidental.

I will say again:
          “If I was a police or fire investigator involved in professionally investigating this I would be offended by the cynical questioning of my integrity where there is doubt there is anything suspicious despite my careful professional investigation. I for one, am more than happy to accept the fire service saying NOT suspicious if they have investigated – unless you have some reason to suggest otherwise, and I dont mean so contrived conspiracy theory”

I have no idea what you are referring to in terms of car loads of muslims and the George and Dragon – never mentioned it…

3. Jock S. Trap 22 Mar 2011, 11:36am

I think we need to draw a line under this. I do believe the report and I have no doubt that if things were different Chariots themselves would probably say so.

If the place hasn’t changed much since the last time I went there, about 10 years ago then it’s little wonder, it seemed bad enough then.

12. It was the guy on the grassy knoll. Take it from me.

Everyone who says it was not suspicious? They are the immediate suspects.

Such are conspiracy theoriies on the net, born.

The more you deny it the truer it becomes.

Oliver Stone is already working on the script.

1. UFOs. It was the greys. I saw them.
      Apparently there is a lot of anal probing goes on in that place.

1. musclelad23 21 Mar 2011, 6:51pm

No, it was the reptilians, David Icke told me.

13. All the plant for the laundry is on the lower floor, it could have started there.

And yes the quality of this place has gone down hill. The past couple of times I’ve been it stank of poop!

14. Why would it be suspicious? The building was full of various devices designed with the intention of generating different kinds of heat. As well as annoying audio systems to pump out whatever crap Gaydar Radio is playing, and poorly wired lighting to create ‘mood’. I’m honestly surprised they don’t go up in flames more often.

15. The fire, which is believed to have started in the internet cafe, destroyed most of the ground floor of the building, even though several fire engines were in attendance. Some of the customers did not have time to collect their belongings from the locker room and had to leave the venue dressed only in towels!

1. Sister Mary Clarence 22 Mar 2011, 9:13am

Ahhh, thank you for that ispu, its all falling into place, the internet cafe, probably old wiring, maybe bad connections. That makes sense, rather than all these paranoid rantings about people smoking, the laundry room equipment, or meth.

Finally we get some common sense on here. Its much clearer now.

The owners of the building, who are probably Muslimian, or sympathisers therefore by virtue of the fact they operate a business in the East End, bought the building knowing that there was some suspect wiring on the north side of the building. They purposefully added a few extra spurs off is ‘for computers’, knowing full well it was an accident waiting to happen.

They operated a ‘gay sauna’ as a honey trap, over the years watching and waiting, as the clientele built up, growing ever more confident and comfortable there. All the time watching, waiting for the day their heinous plan would come about.

……..

1. Sister Mary Clarence 22 Mar 2011, 9:33am

…..

All the while, upstairs, two sauna directly above, pumping out heat and drying out the building, the rafters, the roof. Aided periodically by a Islamical insurgent who would surreptitiously leave the sauna open from time to time, to spread the heat.

Watching and waiting ….

Until, boom, up went the wiring!!

Scream, scream. Ohhhh girl, its warm in here! J-E-S-U-S! We’re on fire!!!

No time to get dressed. No time to grab keys or money Straight out the door into the night, near naked and exposed.

Into the arms of kindly smiling faces of locals waiting outside.

“Put this on. It will keep you warm til help arrives”
        “Yes, it’ll be your size don’t worry. We can take it in a bit if its too loose”

In the half light, wasted after a weekend of mind bending love drugs and brass cleaner. How could they know?

Once that burkah was on though ….dear God like lambs to the slaughter. Spirited away by the architects of this vile plan.

Converts now to the Islamifican way

1. Sister Mary Clarence 22 Mar 2011, 9:40am

Come on girls, all the bickering, in fighting and paranoia need to stop.

This is proof.

Its really happening.

The threat is really there.

Someone need to ring back the EDL and tell them We’re sorry. We were wrong.

We can’t live like this.

We need to put aside out differences with the fascists and march shoulder to shoulder pad with the brown shirts.

Sod the line dancing this weekend. Practice your goose-stepping.

We’re got to fight, fight, fight, fight, fight for this love. If it’s worth having, it’s worth fightin’ for, oh ….

16. Terry Stewart 22 Mar 2011, 9:53am

Does this statement actually mean anything on here?

“PinkNews.co.uk respects the rights of people of all religions and none. We do not hold any bias in favour of one particular religious group or another”.

Clearly the level of Islamaphobia on here says otherwise.

1. Ask yourself why people here and the world over have become Islamophobic. Just because you have a swarthy Arab that visits your tired floppy bumhole every now and again Terry, doesn’t mean that all is right with the world.

1. “all religions and none”

2. Sister Mary Clarence 22 Mar 2011, 11:31am

Probably LordGaGa because it is easier to hate than it is to sort problems out when they occur. Human kind also has an innate distrust of things that are different. We are also often only to happy to believe something negative if it is a subject that we know little or nothing about.

The list is endless really, but I suspect them none of those is the reason you wanted anyone to give.

I am not going to defend anyone that delivers hate towards the gay community, but coming from a community that has historically suffered from blanket hatred from others I am not going to hate a vast groups of people, many of whom have never actually done anything to offend me or any other gay people.

The actions of a minority do not necessarily represent the views of the majority.

1. NOT BEING FUNNY BUT IT WAS THAT MUSLIMS. I KNOW CAUSE I INTERCEPTED THE BRAIN WAVES THAT WAS COMING OFF THEM ON TO THE SAUNA. IT WAS THEM I SWEAR.

2. Jock S. Trap 22 Mar 2011, 11:48am

Terry

These threads are about debate. Debate makes for a healthy society. Debate can mean things we like to hear and some thing we equally don’t like to hear. It comes from allowing Freedom.

The problem with a free democractic society is those who wish to silence anyone they disagree with, ya know a bit like stopping peoples rights to protest against Homophobia.

Point is it would be fair if on stories about Christian Homophobia people commented about Christian Homophobia. All seem quite happy to go along with that line from the story in whatever direction people go.

However on those Christain Homophobia threads what we don’t get in that comment thread is the kind of hysteria that suddenly takes hold when the story can it someway be about Muslim homophobia, brandishing names to others yet they themselves are quite happy going along with the arguement with any other religion.

3. Jock S. Trap 22 Mar 2011, 11:49am

It smacks of double standards but after reading several of your own comments it’s not hard to see whose side your really on and it does increasing look like to me and many that it isn’t on any LGBT community side.

4. Jock S. Trap 22 Mar 2011, 11:54am

Also do You understand the comment on here:-

The comments on PinkNews.co.uk do not necessarily represent the views of PinkNews.co.uk.

This is the right place for a proper discussion.

5. Jock S. Trap 22 Mar 2011, 11:56am

Terry

If only you should the same passion for homophobia, problems might get sorted not excused.

1. Jock S. Trap 22 Mar 2011, 11:56am

correction meant to say ‘showed’

1. Well said Jock S Trap – some of the most clear, direct and factual content I have seen on here. It is true that debate is healthy for all communities. Most of us on here are members or supporters of the LGBT communities and understand, empathize with victims of or have experienced homophobia. Some of us will have faith. Some of us will be involved in politics. Some of us will run businesses. Some of us will have disabilities etc etc …. Our LGBT connection is not the only influence on our life and so we will disagree on some issues and agree on others – and thus debate is good and we live in a nation and society that encourages debate.
          What is fantastic to see is the clear solidarity on issues of fascism (where it genuinely happens and is not just rumoured) – but lets not become fascists ourselves in reaction and demonstrate that our response is measured, committed, strong and determined without being excessive, extreme or cause the integrity of the LGBT communities doubt

17. Normally I would be willing to take the official word that this was not suspicious. But we have recently had in the same part of London the case of the police arresting and then failing to charge an Asian man carrying ‘Gay Free zone’ leaflets. He was caught banfg to rights, but was let go presumably on the grounds of community relations (AKA “Gays shut up, put up with it and don’t embarass Muslims”), with the police pretending not to know whether he could be prosecuted or not.

So what value has an official exaplanation in this case? Could be true, or could be just another convenient lie by those who are meant to be treating gay people as equal to any other citizens but who are clearly refusing to do so. If anyone doesn’t like that attitude, they should explain exactly why we should trust a state which has shown it will happily ignore gay hate crime when it suits.

1. Sister Mary Clarence 22 Mar 2011, 11:33am

I think the most likely explanation is that you have been caning too many drugs at the weekend, causing paranoia. Maybe you should knock it on the head a bit.

1. Jock S. Trap 22 Mar 2011, 12:11pm

Sorry but we as a community keep being told we shouldn’t upset and cause tensions to the community but what about us? What about these posters? Are we not as valuable to the community that we don’t have the right to be discriminated against?

You’ll find that every person is valuable to a community. Each contribute in their own way. The LGBT community is a very important part of any community and we have a right also not to be targeted through hatred and tensions.

Like Racism with Homophobia we have the right o stand up against it. End of.

2. “I think the most likely explanation is that you have been caning too many drugs at the weekend,”

You clearly have your head in the sand, you feeble apologist. The police arrested a man with stickers. There is no way they would have arrested someone who had merely ripped them down. He had fresh ones. So why did they let him go, you clueless doormat?

1. There was an Asian with stickers at the sauna as well?

This is an interesting twist!!!

SMC’s suggestion that it was an Muslimic plot hatched 40 years ago doesn’t seem that unlikely now after all

2. YOU AINT BEEN READING NEWS AVE YOU LOVE. THAT ONE PAKI SAID HE WAS A FAGGOT AND GOT AWAY WITH IT!!!!!!!

SAID HE RIPPED IT DOWN – CAUSE HE FOUND IT OFFENSIVE – BANG TO RIGHTS I TELL YA.

3. Jock S. Trap 22 Mar 2011, 12:02pm

I agree and regardless of if it’s true or not people from the likes of Rainbow Hamlets and Out East SHOULD be trying to understanding this instead of calling names to all. It is perfectly understandable to be angry and mistrustful.

I think anyone who doesn’t see it has no right to judge. Unless they understand why the fear, the anger they cannot represent anyone they claim to do so.

They become redundant. There point… lost!

1. The reality is that in this instance that the majority of the forensic examination would have been carried out by the Fire Service not the police.
        If anyone has worked with the fire service they will know that they are difficult to persuade to do something they don’t want to or don’t believe in – regardless of who is asking. So, whilst the suggestion that the fire service investigators could have been persuaded to fabricate evidence to keep the events as arson rather than the spurious “Muslim led arson attack” that many of you seem to want, is not only offensive to those investigators calling their professional ability and honesty into question but also highly unlikely they would go along with a scam to do that.
        Conspiracy theorists – in this case plainly barking!
        I don’t doubt there are issues that need dealing with including homophobes who need exposing and prosecuting. What will not help is fabricating versions of event that have not occurred.

1. Jock S. Trap 23 Mar 2011, 12:43pm

My arguement has to be over those protest surely better to protest before someone has been singled out than after the arrest.

1. What are you going to protest about, Jock S Trap? Not quite following what you mean in your statement following on from my comment …
            I am sure you don’t mean this, but something seems to suggest that you are protesting that the Fire service said that it was an accident … protests won’t change facts …

18. Tim Pickford-Jones 29 Mar 2011, 10:40am

So my previous somewhat light hearted comment was removed but the issue continues, Pink used my copyright image without asking permission.