Man punched girlfriend’s friend over gay claim

1. There’s nothing in the story to suggest that this was a homophobic attack. There’s no excuse for assault but the perpetrator was upset because the victim had lied and stirred up trouble for him- it looks as though this was the motive- not homophobia. This does no favours to genuine victims of homophobic attacks.

1. Jock S. Trap 8 Mar 2011, 4:31pm

I agree with that Dromio. Sadly there’ll always be nasty people intent on causing trouble no matter what sexual orientation but to resort to violence no matter how pushed is wrong. No way is this homophobia. It is someone shamefully trying to use it as an excuse but to use like this helps no one.

It says more about the ex girlfriend and her choice of friends.

2. I’m not excusing the actions of the perpetrator but just beacause the guy who got attacked happened to be gay does NOT make this a homophobic attack. I’m sure that if the guy had spread similar rumours, but was in fact straight, he’d still have gotten a punch.

How many times does the “correlation does not equal causation” arguement have to be trotted out?

the ‘homophobia’ label can not be attached to every incident involving someone who is gay. As Dromio said …

“This does no favours to genuine victims of homophobic attacks.”

3. It’s not homophobic. That guy deserved a slap no one like a snitch

1. Jock S. Trap 9 Mar 2011, 9:05am

Wow, well done!!

;)

2. Staircase2 9 Mar 2011, 4:25pm

‘deserved’?

…I seriously wonder sometimes…..

4. If true crap friend and lousy bf. If untrue what a crap friend and hit him again wronged bf.

This is prob true tbh it’s same old story. Bad partners and so called friends cheating.

I just feel sorry for her.

5. vveratile 8 Mar 2011, 7:01pm

No sign of homophobia to me.
    The girlfriend is better off without her bitchy “friend” whether the allegation is true or not.
    The same has to be said of her violent ex-boyfriend.

6. friday jones 8 Mar 2011, 11:40pm

Of course it’s homophobic. If Parr’s girlfriend had been told by a female friend that she’d performed a sex act on Parr, do you really think Parr would go round to her house and punch her? This is all about homophobia and perceived sexual orientations.

1. Its about one guy being a fcuking tosser, that’s what’s it being about. Its nothing to do with homophobia. He maliciously tried to break up a relationship with lies and texts. If someone tried that with my relationship, I’d hit him too.

“If Parr’s girlfriend had been told by a female friend that she’d performed a sex act on Parr, do you really think Parr would go round to her house and punch her?”

No, I’d say the girlfriend herself would have slapped the b!tch up. This is a stupid comparison.

Looks like you’re defending him becuase he’s gay, and what’s worse, is that vile tosser then tried to call it a “homophobic” attack, which is insulting to those who have truly suffered homophobic attacks. He brought this on himself, by his actions. He deserved it.

1. Staircase2 9 Mar 2011, 4:28pm

its interesting that everyone is assuming this guy actually lied about the ‘sex act’

its also interesting to see that this message board is every bit as prejudiced and knee-jerk as every single other message board I’ve ever visited.

To be honest I think the whole story is unnewsworthy (either way: whether the ‘friend’ was telling the truth or not)

2. Jock S. Trap 9 Mar 2011, 9:10am

It’s hardly homophobic. It’s about a nasty little b!tch boy, consumed with bitterness trying to reck a relationship because he was jealous of the girlfriend getting attention from someone else.

People like this are to be avoided at all costs and whilst I do not agree with the violence used I defy anyone to say they wouldn’t have done the same if it got between them and the person they love.

7. John berthold 9 Mar 2011, 9:08am

Who cares if it’s homophobic or not. The violent guy, went round another person’s house and assaulted him.

Just try getting a job with a criminal conviction for assault hanging over you.

Don’t quite understand people above ,saying they would do the same?? yeah right, so you would. Dweebs.

1. Jock S. Trap 9 Mar 2011, 9:13am

Just because you may be emotionally detached, don’t think others are the same. I may not agree with the violence used but can certainly understand it.

2. I’m not sure what you are arguing against here, John. Yes, he gets a criminal record – that’s consequence for ones actions. He assaulted him, yes, that’s why he’s in court. These facts are not up for debate, they are stating the obvious. You’re “dweebs” comment makes no sense either, since you know no one here personally or what they would do in such situations.

The question is whether the assault was homophobia motivated, and I beg to differ, many gay people DO care. Based on the facts, I do not believe it was homophobic, but really what did the other guy expect if he was trying, and successfully did, break up a relationship with, what seem to be at least, lies? A thank you? I agree with Jock, what a bitch.

8. The story gave 2 sides of an argument and every comment on here has assumed the gay friend lied. Why have you all assumed that?

I read the story and thought, not enough info here for me to decide who is lying.

The defence “Lloyd Edward, for Parr, said:”Mr Binns made the extraordinary claim that he had sex with Mr Parr.”

What is extraordibary about it? A straight man with a girlfriend has never had a gay sex experience?

Personally I would like to see a lot more evidence from this case before slagging off the victim of the attack.

1. Staircase2 9 Mar 2011, 4:29pm

agreed

…….sanity! at last! lol

9. Dear Pink News readers

After a surge of gay suicides recently,we decided to invest our skills in creating an insightful and high quality video inspiring a sense of self worth amongst the LGBT youth in an attempt to reverse religious propaganda and others inflicting hatred and viscious rejection to Gay people.Is being gay evil?.Watch the video on my channel and engage.Sorry for the spam.Join the revolution.A better dawn for this nation.

10. Good old lincolnites!

im sure i know this Lee….maybe from the scene? :P

But seriously, the gay might have been a tw*t, but this is no excuse fore violence!

1. “the gay” fcuk off back to jeremy kyle

11. Angela S. 9 Mar 2011, 3:09pm

Hmm…. Why did the guy react so violent…
    Does he have something to hide?

Yes, could very well be that Binns was trying to break up the relationship of his friend because he did not approve of her BF. But, if the BF would have been a nice secure in his own sexuality guy, he would just have laughed it off…

And, as many of the real gay bashers later are found to be gay themself, just loathing their own sexuality because of the stigma from society, I just wonder…..

12. Perhaps he did…….
    Perhaps he didn’t………
    What a sad story and what a vicious little queen he was to disclose what he’d done – or said he’d done – anyhow.
    Some people seem hell bent on wrecking lives just because they’re not particularly happy with their own situation.

13. J K
    I’ve just watched your video.
    Congratulations; i think it’s beautiful and you should be proud of it.

14. Maybe the attack was homophobic that’s just speculating. But I know for sure the legal defense is homophobic. It’s standard blame the victim.
    Don’t be so eager to join in.

15. Gobby queen hit her chin. Classic!