David Cameron says Christians should be ‘tolerant’ of homosexuality

1. richie, liverpool 8 Mar 2011, 10:46am

Scary thing is, I actually believe him.

1. I didn’t expect him to say anything on this personally but i’m glad he did.
      The Tories now have more openly gay MPs than all other parties combined so they’re not the homophobic party they once were and have learned from section 28.

Bravo Mr Cameron and standing up for our rights

1. They’re still too busy transferring their own debts to what they consider the “undeserving” poor. A toff boy can lead a horse to the water, but can’t make it drink. The Tory party still is and will be homophobic. Or do you believe parties like the Tories and the BNP can ditch their ethos? Having a parrot mimicking a politically correct sound doesn’t make a party gay-friendly, nor does it translate into actual and tangible advancement of civil rights.

1. Cameron could personal suck your dick and you would still call them homophobic. You are just an old-fart socialist that cannot come to terms with the concept that all parties need to change with the times to adopt the majority of wishes of the electorate.

If you had your way, we would still be sitting in the dark of the 1970′s whilst the unions told us what to do.

1. Jock S. Trap 9 Mar 2011, 9:41am

A crude but equally fair point.

2. Having a parrot mimicking a politically correct sound doesn’t make a party gay-friendly,
          Exactly, so why do you still support labor?

1. Because they pledged and delivered social reforms. The Tories couldn’t even manage to pledge these in their platform. They’ll spend their term contenplating, to use the correct term: They’ll “consider” gay marriage, but first they’ll ask all the possible and unimaginable homophobes if they consent to reforms …

2. @Beberts,

Again you are not answering the question, you are just going in circles.

Why do you support ANY party that “mimics a politically correct sound” so as to appear “gay friendly.”

3. Jock S. Trap 9 Mar 2011, 9:39am

Weren’t you one of the idiots that insisted that within a week of the Tory government all Gay rights will have been removed and that religious court cases would go against us?!

1. Jock S. Trap 9 Mar 2011, 9:49am

The Tories saying they’ll ‘consider’ Equal marriage is still a lot more than Labour managed on the subject weither while in power or now.

Gordon Brown said Civil Partnerships were enough and whilst Ed Milibland may seem to go along with it, it is still not party policy.

So it is a bit boring to bang on about ‘Gay’ marriage when the only main party in Full support is the Lib Dems.

Also have a bit of intelligence to realise that by allowing religious Civil Partnerships gives way to showing these religious nutters that the world doesn’t end or fold in on itself paving the way for Equal marriage to be a gain.

2. I haven’t seen anybody claiming that things would get bad within a week. The religious court cases, etc etc… that we are witnessing are still a reflex of the previous administration. What the Tories are beginning to orchestrate is still to be felt. Just wait and see.

3. I was the one who claimed the LibDems were politically dead. The latest by-election confirmed my predictions.

4. Jock S. Trap 10 Mar 2011, 11:57am

How convienent, however I’m more than certain you were one of them. Hand you forgetting isn’t it!!

Socialist Worker Supports – Duh!

2. One almost feels sorry for all those sad homophobic religious bigots out there – they used to find some support within the ranks of the less enlightened wings of the Conservative party, but when a Tory prime minister tells them to get a life and wake up to the 21st century, they now have no one to turn to but the BNP (even UKIP won’t play to their gallery).

So now they get a taste of how it is to feel utterly marginalised – what goes around comes around. Whatever next? They might even find out soon that the world isn’t flat and there are no more angels in the sky than fairies and goblins in the garden.

1. Best comment I have ever read! Sums up my views perfectly!

1. Paddyswurds 9 Mar 2011, 5:40pm

@ Frederick….great comment. Seconded.

Who would have thought. A Tory telling the pixie in the sky crowd to behave…brilliant. Good on you Dave.

3. Yes, but shouldn’t we also be tolerant of Christians? It works both ways. There are extremists on both camps that profess to speak for all Chrstians/gays, when the truth of the matter is most Christians and most gays have a live-and-let-live attitude.

No, the REAL menace in both our midsts is Muslim extremism, which both sides ignore at their peril while busy scoring points off one another. It is insidious how Muslim fanaticism is almost being given free reign while we distract ourselves in heckling Christian guest house owners and the like…

1. Stfu muppet I’m no fan of any religion but you racist attitude is transparrent

1. Islam is not a racist. The comment is therefore NOT racist.

1. Sorry – correction. Islam in NOT a race. Therefore the comment is not racist.

2. Paddyswurds 8 Mar 2011, 6:55pm

@ ron753…for lack of a better word the comment is about as racist as anything i have ever seen posted on these pages and your comment saying otherwise say’s a lot about you too… ron753 how about Islamophobic then… quibble with that if you dare….BIGOT BTW i am Irish just in case you think i’m a little brown man you so clearly hate…. Now go fester somewhere else!!!!!1

1. BIGOT….That’s hilarious coming from an Irishman, perhaps the most ‘racist’ people in the world towards the English and British. Such an over used word…yawn! I’m almost anaesthestised by the word…over used by people whose arguements are so weak it’s the only retort they can summon up!

2. Racists are such cowards they will never admit they are. There is always an excuse its pathetic

3. Paddyswurds 9 Mar 2011, 5:47pm

@ Damien….. An appropriate name for satans assistant, what what! You clearly, like others of your ilk , know nothing about the Irish or the Irish Question. Until recently the British and specifically the English, have treated the Irish as if they owned us as one would own a dog. Two words Damo, Bloody Sunday. Now you go and join ron and both of you can fester together in your racism and hatred. How does it feel to be a loser by the way.??

2. Utter crap. The point is most religions are not fans of homosexuality, but equally, most only kick off when it affects them directly, like this B&B issue, or gay marriages in churches. Generally, if you don’t bother them, they won’t bother you.

Muslims on the other hand are actively trying to change not only religious outlooks, but social and political ones too, and if they can’t get it by democratic means, they will force it through subterfuge, coercion and even violence. Muslims have an actively planned agenda to take over the world, little by little. Christians, Jews, Hindus and others are mere irritants compared to the forces of Islam.

1. 70′s Commies
          80′s Russians
          90′s Eastern Europeans
          00′s Asylum seekers
          10′s Muslims
          20′s Puftas

1. Paddyswurds 9 Mar 2011, 5:54pm

@ James…..You forgot the irish,

1155 to 1995 irish and especially since 1776 when the Lord chancellor stood up in the house of Lords and declared “We have lost America to the damnable Irish.”

2. In the name of Christ whole nations and races were erased. Vatican obviously had a “New world order plan”. Maybe now is our turn to bend before Allah. Not that I’m pleased in any way but “what goes around comes around indeed”. Fine Arab cock never hurt me. Just to lighten you up a bit.

2. Jock S. Trap 8 Mar 2011, 11:38am

I’m fed up with this argument ‘it works both ways’. That we must be tolerant of people who not only don’t believe in equality and the laws but wish to dismantle them in their favour.

So the LGBT community must be tolerant and respectful of people who can’t be tolerant or respectful of us as human beings. How exactly does that work?

Ok so it’s not all but I know that the LGBT community is far more accepting and tolerant than Christian, or other religions for that matter.

Whilst I accept there are problems with Muslim extremism there is just as much Christian extremist from the likes of Stephen Green, Melanie Phillips and the like.

The fact you feel the need to somehow prove Christians should have respect shows you know nothing about humanity, equality and acceptance. You can see out of your Christian ‘window’ to see how others live in society and how certain chosen group insist on making others lives hell by their dictated beliefs.

1. Jock S. Trap 8 Mar 2011, 11:42am

No Samuel B, as the saying goes respect has to be earned and so far I see little reason knowing Christian history for that respect to be paid out.

So long as Christian and Muslim leaders see fit to stop the LGBT community from marrying who they love not only within the Church of England but stopping those other religions who do want to carry out these ceremonies then respect is the last thing Christian or Muslims deserves.

1. Jock S. Trap 8 Mar 2011, 11:44am

Also as far as ‘going both ways’ its perfectly clear from Melanie Phillips and that ilk that respect and tolerance is far from a lot of religious minds.

This isn’t all in religion I do accept that but too many.

1. Ok, Jock, then what is the gay community doing to earn the respect of the wider public? Come on, you tell me? We aren’t exactly setting the world alight are we? We are allowing a preventable deadly virus to run rampant among us with seeming impunity and most of us these days seem hooked on Grindr and hook-up sights. We don’t seem to be out there creating any sort of positive change in the world – all we do seem to do is cry victim all of the time and blame the Christians for where we are.

It is absolutely pathetic to hear people like you mouth the same old tosh over and over while not contributing anything that is positive or productive to these discussions. Extremist gays like yourself need to get your chip off your shoulder and stop professing to speak for the rest of us who accept that what makes the world a diverse and interesting place is that it comprises different sub groups with different views and opinions, not one homogenous gloop of PC conformism.

2. Sam have you ever stopped to think that the constant crap we have to deal with every day may push some gay men over the edge and result in the behaviour you abhor? How about some compassion?

3. @samb
            “…..all we do seem to do is cry victim all of the time and blame the Christians for where we are.”
            so we are only alowed to make break from crying victims when dealing with muslims. what a selective and pathetic attitude

4. Jock S. Trap 8 Mar 2011, 4:02pm

Samuel B

Way to generalise the LGBT community. You may change your name but your arrogance remains the same.

Bitter as ever I see, what a shallow world in which you live.

May I remind you, (again), that last year 54% of all new HIV infection were heterosexual.

So you pander to the few who want to stereotype. I’ve said to you before there’s nothing worse than someone claiming to be Gay stereotyping the LGBT community. Accusing everyone of not living in the real world while clearly commenting from your padded cell and tell everyone they are victims.

I would say I feel sorry for you but I really can’t be bothered, changing your name each time you want to support your own arguement. I think that basically sums you up perfectly. Genuine people don’t feel the need to change name to prove points, Real honest peoplewho debate stick to just the one as there nothing to prove.

5. Paddyswurds 9 Mar 2011, 5:58pm

@ Sam b why do the gay community need to earn anyones “respect2 just because of how we were born. You belong firmly to the past and the sooner you realise that the better for everyone, but mostly yourself. You have lost… Get over it.

2. Hear, hear! Jock S.Trap, I so agree with you,
        (a great post).

3. ALL extremist and intolerant people are a worry to me. Your comment sounded worying like CCFON there – Muslims and ‘gays’ being their two favourite enemies.

1. Jock S. Trap 8 Mar 2011, 11:47am

Totally agree Iris, problem is the nutty ones get heard, get the media coverage and somehow those who disagree from that religion do not work hard enough to distance themselves and give out an equal counter message against these extremists.

1. You said it Jock. Like on these forums, it’s only the nutty ones that get heard most of the time. Do you actually have any time outside of Pink News to have some sort of life and experience of the outside world? Or do you think being Pink News’s most promiscuous, sorry, prolific poster is something to be proud of?

1. OHHH burn, you made an ad hominem attack, that sure disproved his point.

2. Very true. I do appreciate those who DO speak out (from all religions), very much so, but I wish there were more of them because silence implies tacit acceptance of what the extremists say.

2. @Iris
        “It’s not one religion, it’s a few nutty proponents of many religions that are the problem.”

Why do some of you protect Islam so much in the name of tolerance knowing full well that Islam is INTOLERANT of other faiths.

Would muslims allow for a church to be built in Mecca? NO. But yet they INSIST on building gigantic mosques everywhere in Europe and America. And of course you want us to over look that hypocrisy. I think what is worse than intolerance is in fact hypocrisy and lies, I cannot stand for that. People who are hypocrites lack character as opposed to intolerant people who lack bravery and knowledge, the latter being fixable.

1. I’m not protecting Islam, thanks. I pointed out that it’s LOTS of religions not just Islam. How that’s ‘protecting Islam’, god knows. The problem is the people who behave in an agressive and intolerant way towards others. I don’t give a sh*t which religion is worse than the others. They can ALL be bad if the proponents of them act aggressively.

2. @ Iris,

Yes, people like you protect the homophobia in Islam by downplaying it and divert the discussion about other faiths.

Please tell me what other faith preaches that the state ought to execute gay people and actually does?

This is the problem that I have with your dithering.

1. Christian voice advocated execution of gays

2. And I have a problem with your aggression, pepa. You don’t know what you’re talking about regarding me. You have no idea who i am or what I do – nor any of the other people you’ve so arrogantly had a go at here. You’re so busy shouting that you don’t actually listen to other people. You also seem unable to understand the difference between a religion, an abstract thing, and those who perpetrate it.

Let me say this again in the hope you’ll understand – it is the PEOPLE you need to fear not some abstract religious label.

Why don’t you actually read through the Bible and see how many times it calls for various “sinners” to be killed? The Bible’s no better than the Koran. They’re both anti-women, anti-gay and xenophobic.

This is a discussion about Christians because of Cameron’s remark. By all means say that Muslims need to be tolerant too, but stop your obsession with one religion/one enemy when there are far more than just the one.

3. Jock S. Trap 10 Mar 2011, 12:02pm

Iris

I agree with you.

I think pepa is here to create reaction not debate. Its a tad boring esp all the agressive crap. pepa’s not interesting in reading just stirring. In the end it only pepa that looks the fool.

4. Thanks, Jock – glad it’s not just me. :)

5. @ Iris

it is the PEOPLE you need to fear not some abstract religious label.

Oh great… Just to let you know religions are made up of PEOPLE.

I know my presence here is not welcome, and I know you want to attack me before anything else. May I suggest that you read your comment before posting?

6. @ Jock,

I don’t know why you need to take it personally.

All I am doing is asking questions, and provide a different point of view. Its called a discussion. And just because I do not agree with you doesn’t make me a “fool.”

I have not called people names on this board out of respect and because name-calling is a sign intellectual depravity.

I do not agree with all you say on here so please point out when I called you names etc?

The thing is that you do no want to answer my questions because you are afraid of the answers. And you respond the way other cliche gay activists respond.

What a waste.

7. pepa: “I know my presence here is not welcome, and I know you want to attack me before anything else”

You what??? You come on here attacking people and then when someone takes issue you say you know you’re not welcome??! You’re just as welcome as anyone, pepa.I was objecting to your totally uncalled for tone. A tone which you’ve used again by instructing me to read my comments before I post *rolls eyes*

Maybe YOU should read other people’s comments before you reply, eh? I’m starting to believe you’re not quite who you claim to be because there’s something rather familiar about your tone and your way of proceeding.

You STILL don’t get the bl**dy point I’m making (and you didn’t even bother to reply to some of them) so I’m very tempted not to bother. However, let’s be kind and assume you’re having a bad day – that’s a genuine comment there not a piss-take.

8. @ Iris

I don’t know what you are talking about. I made some observations and point them out, and quite honestly I don’t know how you are able to read my tone over the internet and assume that I am in a bad mood, I am not.

I made some points, one of them being how dismissive you are regarding the blatant homophobia of Islam and claiming that Christianity is worse or no better then Islam regarding this issue.

And I’m not welcomed because a few of you called me an idiot and whatnot simply because I have a different perspective on the issues. I have, as of now, not crossed that line of childish name calling and desperation, desperation clearly evidenced in your comment:

“You STILL don’t get the bl**dy point I’m making (and you didn’t even bother to reply to some of them) so I’m very tempted not to bother.”

To be honest you are making the same point over and over again, I have already addressed your points previously, you just refuse to address them.

9. Jock S. Trap 11 Mar 2011, 8:36am

Pepa

You is a crazy person. You comment makes no sense. Me thinks you need to read comments before firing off like that.

10. How about all the African states that organise lynch mobs under the name of Christianity

3. The enemy is not Islam any more than it’s Christianity. It is the PEOPLE who use those religions to promote hate.

Are you being purposely facetious? Religions are made up of people? That’s just what I’m saying! Look – maybe we’ve all misunderstood you. I’m more than happy if you say that’s the case and we can start again. But, after being patient with so many posters who say they want to debate then either ignore what people say or shoot off random aggressive comments, you’ll forgive me if I’m cautious now. Your manner was very reminiscent of those previous posters. There’s no need for that here.

1. “The enemy is not Islam”

And you are telling me that you are not defending homophobic Islam?

I will dare you to say that to the next gay Iranian who is about to have his head chopped of, see what he thinks.

2. Maybe there’s some cultural misunderstanding here, pepa? I am AGREEING with you that Islam is bad (read my comments about its treatment of women etc above). I previously hadn’t mentioned Islam because this is a story about Christians – however, you took that to mean that I ‘liked’ Islam or didn’t see it as a threat. That’s insulting and WRONG. I’m female, I detest Islam’s attitude towards women.

But what you don’t realise is that if you sit there concentrating on the ONE enemy pushing at your front door, so to speak, others will get in at the back before you realise.

Yes, I’m concerned about Islam and yes, I’m concerned about Christianity to. It’s not a question of which is worse to me – they’re both bad. I particularly hate the new fundie Christianity and the hate it’s spreading in Africa. I hate the way it’s trying to influence politics here and in the US.

However, I NEVER said that it was worse than Islam.That’s what p*ssed me off.You made a wrong assumption about my views.

3. pepa, every time I think you have a point and want to have a discussion, you revert to insults. Don’t quote a few words out of context. I said “The enemy is not Islam any more than it’s Christianity. It is the PEOPLE who use those religions to promote hate”

Yet you still insist that I’m ‘defending Islam’. What do I have to say for you to get it into your head that I am not! I despair.

Let me try misinterpreting some of your words and see how annoyed YOU get. Would that work?:

pepe clearly loves Islam and sticks up for it at every opportunity.

Read that – get pissed off? Of course, you do and rightly so, and yes, I know you AREN’T defending Islam – but NEITHER AM I.

OK?

3. Paddyswurds 9 Mar 2011, 6:04pm

@ Iris…..WRONG.. it so is religion, because it is the evil books of ancient fiction these bigots, mysoginists and homophobes refer to to run their lives and from which they have learned most of their mythological Abrahamic fiction.

1. Maybe I’m not making myself clear today – I’m an agnostic and I have zero interest in ANY religion because I believe them to be created by humans. As I said above “it’s LOTS of religions not just Islam” I don’t see why you’d reply “it so is religion”?

We seem to agree! Religion is man-made and used by some people to denigrate and discriminate against others. If you’re saying that it’s religion itself, then I’d say that yes, I think religion was created to control people but that today it’s the religious people that are the problem rather than the religion itself. It’s them who seek to hold on to past bigotry when they could, if they wished, move on into the 21st century and stop looking for enemies be that women, LGBT people or adherents of other religions.

1. I’m an agnostic and I have zero interest in ANY religion”

Yet you profess to know a lot about religion.

I am too agnostic and have studied in full detailed (as much as I can) about the world’s major religions. Hence why I’ve asked you the several question I posed and made the relevant points I made that you seem to be avoiding.

2. ““ I’m an agnostic and I have zero interest in ANY religion”

Yet you profess to know a lot about religion.

Yes, I know something about religion. I studied it in detail at school and some more at Uni. Zero interest, but not zero knowledge. (Not contradictory, so don’t try to pick a fight.) It was my knowledge that reinforced my agnosticism.

4. theotherone 8 Mar 2011, 2:15pm

Oh please! Less disgust at your own sexuality eh?

What about the Queers who are quietly living in Communities, getting on with their lifes, possibly doing voluntary work, helping their Neighbours out?

You are a sad pathetic individual craving the respect of those who want you dead.

5. no it does not work both ways. christians have a privileged position compared to lgbt and they insist on imposing their prejudice on us.

6. Paddyswurds 8 Mar 2011, 6:40pm

Whats to be tolerant of Sam?/ The whole Abrahamic cult mythology is a matter of choice. To follow through with your logic perhaps we should also be tolerant of paedophiles, rapists, people who go badger baiting, bank robbers and on and on .All these things are carried out after making a choice to be any one of those things. Being GLB is NOT a choice and is predetermined before birth. Please enlighten us as to why you think xtians should be tolerated when they clearly will not tolerate a condition that is not a choice???

1. Paddyswurds 8 Mar 2011, 6:49pm

…@ Samuel B…..and singling out Muslims from the whole Abrahamic cult mythology only marks you out as racist. All Muslims are not as you said of the xtians homophobic. “heckling guest house owners” …..that little jibe says more in three words than everything else you ranted. We have no place here for bigoted racist xtian homophobes so take your bigotry to the Daily Wail where you’ll be made most welcome……….

7. they now have no one to turn to but the BNP

Not sure about that either, the BNP has already changed their tune a bit, claiming that there are gay BNP members. Still they have plenty of anti-gays, however they cannot afford to be looked upon as being intolerant, that is if they wish to be taken seriously.

I do agree with the BNP’s overall platform, although still they need to change a few things and leadership.

8. “Yes, but shouldn’t we also be tolerant of Christians?

Agreed. Tolerance doesn’t mean acceptance or agreement.

“There are extremists on both camps that profess to speak for all Chrstians/gays,

Although a minority these so called “activists” on both sides are the loudest, wanna-be do gooders, who think they know more than anybody else. These “activists” do not represent me or any other gay person, they represent themselves. Just like the Christian couple in question as they do not represent Christianity, they represent themselves and their bitter struggle to have their views validated by an adoption service and gullible children.

1. Paddyswurds 9 Mar 2011, 6:09pm

I will never tolerate any organisation that says that because of how i was born i am an abomination and intrinsically disordered. Indeed any gay person who says we should is suffering Stockholm syndrome .

1. I agree with the BNP’s immigration and fiscal policy. I agree with the BNP on many issues. I agree with them 80% of the time. I agree with UKIP 97% of the time. (The mainline parties 5% of the time) Now tell me how is that “Stockholm Syndrome?” Please provide medical/psychological evidence to support your claim about my health. Or are you just throwing words around without completely understanding them nor understand the overall situation. Cliche.

1. pepa wrote

” I agree with the BNP on many issues. I agree with them 80% of the time. I agree with UKIP 97% of the time.”

Pepa, your belief in the politics of the ultra right wing, and the far right is disturbing.

When you attack Iris for taking a reasoned, tolerant position on Relgion; your attack is a little bit rich coming from some one who believes in extremist policies on immigration.

Pepa do you not think that we might actually need immigaration to help support our economy. You also making the assumption that we have zero migration?

2. @ John K,

No, the problem is that you DISAGREE with me and my stance with the BNP. The fact that it is disturbing is a matter of your own personal opinion.

When you attack Iris for taking a reasoned, tolerant position on Relgion;

No, I did not attack her, I questioned her stance and she didn’t like where it was going as she didn’t want to make herself look like a hypocrite, and I don’t blame her for being very defensive. And her position was not a tolerant one, is she is attacking one religion (christianity) and leaving out one that is proven to be deadly (Islam).

3. pepa! I put “ALL religions”. How you can possibly take that to mean I’m attacking Christianity and ignoring Islam, I have no idea. ALL, pepa, all. I’ve even made a point of mentioing Islam to assuage your fear there and you ignored me. I’m sorry but I don’t fit your neat little liberals box and I have no idea why you want to put me in it.

4. @ Iris,

You seem to be missing the point:
            ALL RELIGIONS are not THE SAME.

Hence each religion shall be treated by how they operate, what they offer and treat others etc.

If you do not believe me that all religions are not the same then you need to take another look at the middle east, and the bashings that are going around eastern europe due to clashing of different religions.

5. pepe, I know all religions are not the same. However, they spring from the same roots and can all, to varying extents, be bad.

9. Didn’t you get the point, Cameron was speaking as a Chrisitan, perhpas he truly believes that as a Christian that the attitutes of the Johns and the like are unchristian..religious freedom goes all ways…we’re not heckling anyone, just enforcing the law, it’s there so why not use it!

4. He should insist that these bigots are not only tolerant but accept.

1. Why don’t you just tie them to a chair and give them electric shock therapy while you are at it? Tolerance is a compromise, acceptance is personal opinion.
      You are never going to get everyone to accept homosexuality. FACT. You may get people to tolerate it though.

1. Maybe you could start by accepting you own homosexuality?

1. Paddyswurds 9 Mar 2011, 6:12pm

@ James …Bravo!

I suggest that we now have the whole Religion mythology on the run and we should now become more agressively litigious against them on every possible point…. How can we lose?

2. I accept it no problem, but I have no problems accepting the fact that others cannot. Don’t make your problem my problem.

2. Jock S. Trap 9 Mar 2011, 9:56am

It may be fact but why are people with a CHOSEN religion superior over how people are born.

People born should be accepted.
        People with a choosen religious lifestyle should be tolerated.

1. Paddyswurds 9 Mar 2011, 6:16pm

@Jock S Trap……People with a chosen religious lifestyle shoul receive compulsory shock treatment to cure them of their bigoted choice and contamination. Their children should also be removed to a place of safety before they infect them too!!!

1. I can only assume you are being facetious – shock treatment is a despicable level down to which we can never sink.

2. Paddyswurds 10 Mar 2011, 12:19am

…….facetious to a point….this is the treatment they have espoused for us for years……..

5. The national standards for foster carers were established under law in about 2002 or 2003. Part of those standards include the accepting of diversity. The Johns were breaching those standards. And if you find and read the ruling, you will see that they also expressed an unwillingness to take a child to a mosque and a stated intent that if a young person expressed that they might be gay they would try to “gently turn” them.

No one has a right to be a foster carer and there is a duty of care for the welfare of children on local authorities, a duty codified by standard. They were entirely within their rights to say No to the Johns. What a pity those “christians” went on to spend so much money fighting a court case they could not possibly win.

We don’t need christians to “tolerate” us. We need them to accept that their beliefs are not universal and that the secular law of the land, made in recognition that belief is not universal, stands above all whether they agree with it or not.

1. Helen Wilson 8 Mar 2011, 5:01pm

Lets not forget over recent years we have seen a number of high profile cases of pentecostal’s abusing children they believed to be demon possessed. This includes locking children in cupboards and starving them, sometime to death. People who hold such beliefs should be restricted when it comes to adopting children.

Spiritual abuse is just as harmful as any other type of abuse.

1. Paddyswurds 9 Mar 2011, 6:21pm

@ Helen…what about natural born children of these bigots.. Should children of these clearly unstable bigots not be removed as well. I propose we sterilise all those who insist on holding to these ancient fictional beliefs. And quickly before much more damage is done……

6. At last! Somebody who gets it! Samuel B, congratulations. Come the dhimmitude gay men and women will rue the day they drove Christianity out of the public square.

1. Ah, dear Flossie again. I have no wish to drive Christianity out or any other religion as long as they obey the law. Samuel B may have made a comment that SOUNDED like CCFON, but I’m sure you’re actually a member of one of those UNchristian groups.

2. Flossie Wrote

“Come the dhimmitude gay men and women”

Flossie. What do you mean by this phrase, I am curious about the word “Dimmitude”, since it sounds very much like something David skinner might say on these threads.

1. They all parrot the same ideas, JohnK – saves them having to think for themselves.

1. Hi Iris, I agree about the Parrot. Pity there are not “Para-keats”. I love a pit of poetry, no matter how repetitive.

1. I’d love a para-keats! :D Keats used language for a beautiful purpose. Fundies just use it to hurt and discriminate. Sad, pathetic and ugly.

2. Islam has two methods of “persuasion”:
        Jihad is the forceful open method that many have heard of.
        Dhimmi is the far more covert, underhand approach of slowly taking over using politics, education, subversion and subterfuge to reach much the same ends. If you are not Muslim, you are at worst, an infidel, and at best, a Dhimmi.

3. Jock S. Trap 8 Mar 2011, 11:52am

oh yes such tolerance, such respect.

Like most in religion what a bloody hypocrite!

4. “Dhimmitude is a neologism first found in French denoting an attitude of concession, surrender and appeasement towards Islamic demands. It is derived by adding the productive suffix -tude to the Arabic language adjective dhimmi, which literally means protected and refers to a non-Muslim subject of a sharia law state.”

I looked it up on wikipedia. Seems like we’re to beleive Christians are our last line of defence against Sharia law!

1. Whatever happened to secularism, that is the only system might protect us all from each other whether we are religious or not. Course the religious types don’t like it because it checks their power crazy ambitions and keeps mthem in line.

2. Hi Rose, many thanks for that; very interesting. This makes sense in so far as the Christian fundamentalists appear to be equating Gay rights spuriously, with some sort of Islamification process by stealth.

5. Paddyswurds 9 Mar 2011, 6:24pm

@ flossie…what an appropriate name for someone as muddled as you seem to be.
      The whole Abrahamic mythology should and will be eradicated from the face of the Earth eventually and yesterday wouldn’t be a second too soon.

7. tolerant?

Fcuking cheek

1. I agree “tolerant” – don’t insult us. It is like saying we should be tolerant of Americans.

As you say – effing cheek

8. @Flossie
    Gay people aren’t ‘driving christianity out of the public square’; there are many gay people who are very active christians themselves. Go to a gay Pride march and you will see the truth as numerous gay christian groups march past.

1. Paddyswurds 9 Mar 2011, 6:29pm

@ Dromio… No , it is the xtians themselves who are doing the damage to their cult of mythology by their insistance on being allowed to discriminate and hold bigoted and racist views. The tragedy….for them… is that they are so blinded by hatred that they fail to see that.

9. Jock S. Trap 8 Mar 2011, 11:28am

A welcome comment. We all can live in the past but this comment shows David Cameron is trying to see the problems we face.

Lets face it some will stigmatise the Tories but at the end of the day it is David Cameron who is Prime Minister, not Norman Tebbit and the like.

I for one am encouraged by his comments and lets hope they can be progressive.

10. David Wainwright 8 Mar 2011, 11:45am

As long as David Conmoron isn’t asking homosexuals to be tolerant of christians :)

11. But Christians are fighting back! Right under your noses, they are building partnerships with your councils and police forces that discriminates against the gay community from behind closed doors and the homophobic authorities are jumping at the chance to have a go back! Here is their website with 4,500 pages and not a single word gay (apart from this guys name):

1. I know a Street Pastor that was thrown out for being gay and she evan said “I have also been on patrol with them when they told gay people they have met that they can’t find Jesus until they rid themselves of the sin of homosexuality”

1. can we interview her? we need to hear stories like this. gay people should not have to put up with homophobic abuse from organisations that get support from the police and the authorities. encourage her also to contact the National Secular Society about this.

1. Hi Adrian, I was the one that was thrown out of Street Pastors for bring gay. If you leave your email I will be happy to forward details.

2. its true I know an organisation which has branches all over the uk who are are called ——– citizens who maybe homophobic

1. I looked at that site, i dont get why it is homophobic? Not disagreeing, i just want you to explain.

1. I think Scott means this:

3. These street pastors remind rather too much of the Islamic morality police, I’m sure there will be some of them who will be getting a vicarious thrill from snooping on others … they give me the creeps to be honest.

1. I have observed that they target area’s that have a high proportion of gays (gay villages, parks and cruising area’s), I think they see it as tackling the break down of family values.

1. oh… where specifically? maybe it is time some of us reached out to them…

1. Paddyswurds 9 Mar 2011, 6:36pm

@ AdrianT…… Doi know you Adrian….. (Chris)??
            I agree …its time to bring reality to these people in a direct way and i don’t mean send them Flowers……

4. Paddyswurds 8 Mar 2011, 7:10pm

@ Cleggy …the christians also seem to be trying to build a concensus against all muslims. Islamophobia seems to be the catch all for the whole christian racist thing. Don’t get me wrong, i don’t want to be seen as an apologist for Islamic homophobia which is just as virulant as the xtian version but the generalisation seems to point to Racism under dieguise. this is very evident when the shout that Islam is not a race.
      From now on the word we should use when talking to these racists is Islamophobia .

1. “Don’t get me wrong, i don’t want to be seen as an apologist for Islamic homophobia”

A little bit too late for that.

The reality is that in Christianity there are certain factions that are anti-gay with different levels of homophobia, while Islam is overwhelmingly anti-gay with a constant high level homophobia, but yet some of you here still think that both religions are in fact exactly the same with regards to homophobia.

It is called ignorance.

1. Then enlighten us, pepe….

2. Actually there are quite a few factions that are helping out the LGBT community http://www.imaan.org.uk/about/about.htm
          so stop generalizing

12. Christians not longer kill children who are disrespectful to their parents, they tolerate them.
    Christians don’t deport every man and woman who had ever had sex together while the woman was having her period.
    Christians no longer take slaves as property as they were encouraged to do in the Bible.
    Bible-believing Christians never preach against the evils of shaving, they tolerate that these days too… and how many Christians like a nice bit of roast pork or a bucket of barbequed ribs …plenty!
    They also ignore the Biblical command to not wear clothes that have two different kinds of material, they love a bit of poly/cotton blend for their clothes and bed sheets.
    Most farmers grow more than one crop in their fields these days..
    Do Christians eat shrimp and lobster, you bet they do even though it’s a Biblical abomination. The only thing they object to and create a fuss about is gay people and they selectively use Leviticus 18:22 to justify their anti-gay prejudice.

1. Paddyswurds 8 Mar 2011, 7:13pm

@ Pavlos….and your point is????

1. Where are the anti-prawn Christians?
        |They and all the other things mentioned above are also condemned in Leviticus but tolerated by Christians today.
        It is telling that anti-gay Christians selectively find in Leviticus 18:22 an excuse to justify their anti-gay prejudice.while they blithely disregard the rest and consider them no longer relevant.
        What does it suggest to you?
        How many Christians shout abomination at people eating prawns today compared to the anti-gay industry they have created to shout abomination at gays,.after all God hates prawns!

2. These provisions that you mention are found in the old testament which many Christians say does not apply to them (hence why many of these Christians are “pro-gay”) which in fact is true since the supposed Jesus Christ claimed that the old Mosaic law no longer applies and that he came to this planet to give you a new covenant (as per the new testament).

The ancient Mosaic law applies to the Sin people who worship the Moon God El (now they are called Jewish people), while the new testament applies to the people who worship the Sun God Ra, who are now roman catholics (which also applies to all Christendom as christianity is in fact Roman).

Sometimes it helps to do a little research/homework and not just go by the simpletoness of too many gullible christians and those who hate them.

13. Holy heck! Im not a conservative in any way or form, but kudos Mr Cameron, this took guts, and shows that he is sincere when he says he believes in gay rights.
    This has really made my day.

1. Me too! To have the Prime Minister behind us, actively speaking out against those opposing us, is brilliant, especially when his own party is traditionally allied with those people.

2. Paddyswurds 8 Mar 2011, 7:17pm

I am amazed…being compared to the bigoted and homophobic Law and Justice party of Poland has awoken something in Call me Dave…. either that or his stint “fagging” at Eton has awoken some sympathy in him.

14. what critical situation is the spokesperson referring to? is homophobia really that vital to christians as it’s only bigots with an evil agenda that accept the homophobia!
    Christians need to accept that heterosexuality is equal to LBG

15. @samuelB.
    I agree that gay people seem to have forgotten the need to campaign and the need to champion our rights. To many think everything is ok now.
    However some of your points are just not true: WHile HIV still is a big problem, it is coming down, but yes more effort and more action from gay community is needed.
    However I am perfectly capable of attacking issues with the gay community and the vile prejudice of far right religious crazies at the same time, and its not “Political correctness gone mad” to do so. Also wtf is an extremist gay? Dont bring silly daily mail myths into debates if you want to be taken seriously.
    We are arguing for a diverse world, diversity only works if people accept that they cannot use the state to enforce their petty prejudices.

16. I only tolerate those who tolerate me and don’t stand in the way of my full equality. I have NO respect for the C of E, the Roman cult, Orthodox Judaism and Islam and any others as long as they oppose equality andin so doing, disrespect us in so doing. If they want our respect, let them earn it. It works both ways. Stop the homophobia and opposition to equality and we’ll stop villifying them.

17. I also don’t know what an extremist gay is.

But you are wrong if you think non-extremist religious people are OK. All religious people are dangerous because the extremists do their work in the name of the silent ones who rarely speak out like Cameron has just done. I have always distrusted the tories but he sounds like he means it so I will keep an open mind for now.

It’s all those “religious” people who never go to church and don’t really think much about it who are going to tick christian in the census so that we end up having more faith schools indoctrinating the children that are the real problem. The extremists can then shout, 70% of the public are christian when it is probably more like 30%.

1. Only 15% attend church monthly (Report 2007):

18. actually i don’t think it is any of david cameron’s business to tell xians what they should welcome, just that they should refrain from breaking the anti-discrimination laws

19. de Villiers 8 Mar 2011, 2:08pm

The reporting of this case is wrong. The judgment makes clear that the local authority never dismissed the application to foster by the couple and the judges made no decision on the basis that there was nothing to appeal.

1. Well yeah but the judgment states the current interpretation of the law; the local authority’s decision can now be made with a clear knowledge of what the law is and in the understanding that saying “no” in these circumstances won’t be an act of anti-religious discrimination. That’s the point to take from it, and I think that’s essentially what people mean when they refer to the case. Reporting of cases by non-lawyers is always a bit dodgy.

20. That homophobic gay historian david starkey should pay heed.

1. Don’t get me started about “Starkey”

1. I hate him. He reminds me of that other “historian” david irving who denys the holocaust. They both seem to have so much in common when it comes to denial and acknowledgement of hate.

2. Question Time with David Starkey:

3. Paddyswurds 8 Mar 2011, 7:26pm

@ Johnk Stinkin Starkyis a Vile little runt…..

1. @Paddyswurd

Yep.

Vile and in denial

2. They used to say, gays are their own worst enemy. Starkey gave us a good example of that last Thursday. What a dickhead.

3. Paddyswurds 9 Mar 2011, 6:53pm

….is it possible that this self hating, oedipus inflicted bigot suffers from Stockholm syndrome??

4. I actually like him. I am fascinated with English/British history and how the “Monarchy” came to power etc. Though my problem with Starkey is that he appears to be pro-monarchy (correct me if I am wrong as its been a while since I seen the guy).

The homophobia thing I’m not fully aware of that, can you please provide me with some facts about that, as to what he has done/said that makes him homophobic. I’m not trying to disprove you, I just really want to know, or if anybody else can fill me in. (links would be helpful)

21. The Tories appear to be more accepting of homosexuality compared to the period of Section 28 which put equality for gays back decades and allowed homophobia to flourish in schools. I welcome David Camerons comments. Reiligion cannot be allowed to come before the law and equal rights.

1. Good greif Cameron was part of the govt who put section 28 in and he supported it. Tolerance is not that same as acceptance. You need to spend some time in the scandanivan countries to see what true acceptance is then you wouldnt accept this tolerance rubbish.

Tolerance = lets celebrate our differences and diversity even though you are clearly wrong

1. While i agree with you to an extent, lets give Cameron some credit here, he is already disliked by the right wing of his party, so it is a brave thing that he said something like this.

1. So the man who stabs me in the back gives me a plaster and you want me to thank him?

1. Now thats a little dramatic, while I agree i would want him to say being gay is a non issue and that people should be judged by how they treat others not their sexuality, this is not the real world.

If we get the Tory party onside then the battle for gay rights is a foregone conclusion.

While i disagree with projects like faith and free schools, you can hardly accuse Cameron of stabbing gay people in the back. What evidence is their of this?

2. de Villiers 8 Mar 2011, 4:55pm

That’s as over-the-top as David Starkey.

3. I’m all about the drama

22. Do you think David Cameron’s comments were also aimed at the current Archbishop of Canterbury following his recent attempt to rule out Civil Partnerships let alone gay marriages taking place on Church of England premises?

23. I am a proud gay christian and my C of E church the HTB in Knightsbridge has always been very welcoming to me. The church is changing for the better . If some of the anti christian people here would be a bit more open minded rather than focussing on the negative .

1. While I agree with you a little bit, you surely can see why gay people are anti christian. Being told you choose to be gay, and thus be told you are unnatural, wrong and make the baby jesus cry, does get irritating after a while.
      Also the fact the COFE and Catholic church consistently intervene in the legislature to limit our rights, gives LGBT people a very big right to tell the majority of xians to “do one”.

2. might be easier to do that if some xtians didnt post such nasty stuff themselves on pinknews

3. So you attempt to belong to an organisation voluntarily , that won’t accept you as a full member. You are the one purporting the negative by your passive, masochistic delusion that you are welcomed and equal in your bloody church. Do you enjoy being 2nd best ?

4. Jock S. Trap 8 Mar 2011, 5:20pm

These groups need to be heard if they are supportive of the LGBT community!

5. try discussing your homosexuality at bible study.

6. Paddyswurds 8 Mar 2011, 7:31pm

@ Brendan….open minded about about what…. If the whole pixie in the sky hythology cult thing collapsed tomorrow the world would be a vastly better place. Hows that for openmindedness….fool.

1. Paddyswurds 8 Mar 2011, 7:32pm

mythology…**

7. Problem is the CofE isn’t a very democratic organisation is it, unfortuntely, they don’t always go along with the wishes of the Chrisitans sitting in the pews and the progressive vicars…they ones setting the anti gay agenda are the ones at the top…I can honestly relate to you Brendan but since reading the crap coming from the CofE and other mainstreams Christian org it’s very hard to be tolerant and understanding of christians…perhaps you need to lead a people’s revolt!

1. Jock S. Trap 10 Mar 2011, 12:07pm

Anyone who knows the dark evil history of the Christian control over society knows that most Christians and Muslims would have us dragged back, kicking and screaming to the Middle Ages in a flash.

Bliss is equality and all those who don’t want to be a part of it dropping of their very narrow flat edged world!

24. Helen Wilson 8 Mar 2011, 5:10pm

Pentecostal’s in this country have been found to lock children in cupboards, starve them and subject them to spiritual abuse because they claim they are demon possessed. In South Africa pentecostal’s see it as a public service to rape lesbians as a so called cure.

Nobody involved with the pentecostal church should have access to children.

Just look at the case in the UK courts currently, a internationally well known pentecostal pastor has pleaded guilty of the sexual abuse of adults and children in London.

25. Not just Christians – he should have said
    everyone should be at least tolerant to one
    another.

1. Paddyswurds 8 Mar 2011, 7:38pm

@ Jim …..No ; why should we be tolerant of organisations or people who consider us an abomination and intrinsically disordered. Never ever and the sooner these cultish beliefs are history the better.

26. George Broadhead 8 Mar 2011, 5:30pm

I hope Mr Cameron will communicate his view to the Archbishop of Cant and the Pope whom he so warmly welcomed to the UK last year.

27. Brendan, if Rowan Williams would keep his big mouth shut when he says he’ll fight against us having a religious component for civil partnerships and will oppose same-sex marriage, then how can you expect us to not go on the defencive? He doesn’t speak for all denominations and he has no business doing so. Further, when it comes to civil marriage equality, he has NO business mouthing off about it since its not religious marriage we’re asking for. The two are very diferent and he should understand that religious denominations do NOT own civil marriage, the state does when it issues marriage licences and certificates and authorises registrars to peform them. THere is absolutely no religious element in a civil marriage ceremony either.

1. Jock S. Trap 9 Mar 2011, 9:29am

I think the fact he insists he need to ‘fight’ says it all really. Why ‘fight’ unless your on the loosing side?

Time they realised that.

28. Meanwhile, a Tory council claims the homeless are not homeless and is planning to ban their feeding:

1. Brilliant tory logic at work here, if you make homelessness illegal, then no one will be homeless.
      Hmm notice that neither the telegraph, the mail, the christian institute have been up in arms about this affront to supposed notions of christian charity.

2. Jock S. Trap 9 Mar 2011, 9:33am

Have been following that news story for the past week or two and whilst it is disturbing I fail to see how if a by-law is brought how it can be morally acted on. If Westminster go ahead then they will create other problems such as a crime increase esp in muggings.

Anyway isn’t this a bit like how the Victorians treated disabled people? Out of sight so it Looks like the ‘problem’ doesn’t exist at all.

3. This is what happens when you create a dependency instead of creating a much more business friendly environment.

Sooner or later the money is going to run out, that is just a fact. And those who have a lifestyle of dependency would then become a problem (rioting etc). Just look at France when they decided to raise the retirement age. Socialism ruins countries and rots the soul.

1. More business friendly environment? You mean the same environment that brought us to the current economic mess? You are surely not claiming that all the business friendliness in America is a victim of socialism, or are you?

2. The whole point of socialism is that it doesn’t rely on money so your ‘fact’ that the money will run out is in fact non sensical

29. Trouble I have is defining what is a christian? many protestant Christians say that Catholics are not ‘Christian’ If Christians cant agree what chance has the rest of us. incidentally I looked at the website of that Chmorvah Private Hotel the one the gay couple sued, nothing on its website suggests that it is Christian. Nothing on it suggests that it is closed for business on the Lord’s day/Sabbath. If it is open on the Lord’s day/Sabbath its owners are christian in name only but not real Bible believing ones that they suggested outside the court they were

1. Jock S. Trap 9 Mar 2011, 9:36am

I think you’ll find many Christians and others in religion tend to make up their own rules and pick-n-mix what parts of the religious texts suit them at the time.

30. I have complete intolerance of all religions and I will continue to do so. I don’t feel bad about it, nor do I feel like a hypocrite. Religion has been proven time and time again by both science and reason to be man made and complete tosh. Time and time again it has been agreed there are lessons to be learnt from scripture, but lessons which can be adopted without the necessity of a god (or gods) or an organised religion. The very necessity of spirituality at all is brought about by those insecure enough to not be able to deal with the harsh reality of their own mortality/existence.

All the while people like me are expected to actually believe we should feel some sort of compassion or sympathy for those that CHOOSE to oppress us rather than substantiate, or even so much as agree upon, the basis of their ignorant views.

Homosexuality cannot be disproved. It is a scientific fact it is in existence and (time and time again) it has been proven it is not a choice. Er go we take precedence

1. Oh, but as for the original article, I think we can welcome nothing less than such comments from a “church going” conservative prime minister.

2. Does your intolerance extend to religious and spiritual thought systems and groups which support gay equality and welcome GLBT people at every level within them?

How exactly has ‘EVERY’ religious or spiritual thought system, concept, idea or practice been ‘proven’ to be ‘complete tosh’? Has ‘EVERY’ religious or spiritual idea, concept, thought system or practice been ‘proven’ to be ‘complete tosh’?

I dont think so somehow and I dont think that the notion that it has is founded on either objectivity or reason.

1. Paddyswurds 9 Mar 2011, 7:02pm

@ Shatpang…prove it is not complete and utter tosh and then maybe you have some chance, otherwise you are just pis*ing into the wind.

1. In response to that I would point out one example of a spiritual practice which has been thoroughly researched and its physiological and psychological benefits well documented and that is meditation.

Alot of this arguement against religion seems to be about fundamentalism and literalism which is actually one view or approach amongst many in spiritual and religious thought and ideas and I would agree that fundamentalism is complete tosh. But not everyone who has a spiritual or religious outlook on life is a fundamentalist or literalist and the position is becoming increasingly unpopular, untennable and outmoded.

2. In support of where I am coming from on this I would encourage examination of the following material as a starting point in what is a complex debate which cannot be done justice in the sound-bite space available here:

The Case For God – What Religion Really Means By Karen Armstrong
          Is Religion Dangerous? by Keith Ward
          The God Shift – Our Changing Perception of the Ultimate Mystery by Adrian B Smith
          The Misunderstood God – The Lies Religion Tells Us About God by Darin Hufford
          Conversations With God by Neale Donald Walsch
          How To Know God – The Souls Journey Into The Mystery of Mysteries by Deepak Chopra

Those are all books but the following is a documentary film: Mythic Journeys

31. Count yourself lucky in Britian that you have a Conservative Prime Minister who can openly discuss issues to do with homosexuality. Unlike our appalling situation in Australia.

32. no, they should ACCEPT it.

33. Christians _are_ tolerant of people who engage in the homosexual lifestyle.

It’s just most Christians understand the risks of such a lifestyle and are opposed to it’s promotion.

1. Jock S. Trap 9 Mar 2011, 10:25am

Homosexual Lifestyle?

Is that some magazine?

No-one promotes being Gay or Lesbian you just are unlike religion wish actually is a chosen lifestyle and is promoted at every turn in a persons life.

It’s funny how religious people throw onto others their own actions. It’s a shame they don’t see, or want to see the consequences of their actions.

Being that we still do not have equal marriage is just one item of evidence to prove Christian is hardly tolerant.

Religion it a taught lifestyle, promoted even when people don’t want to know yet being this chosen lifestyle should Never take presidence over how people are born.

You should be ashamed of yourselves for the levels of misery your create in society.

1. plus sexual orientation doesn’t make a lifestyle anyway, there’s no standardised lifestyle based on sexuality
        if christians are so tolerant then why are so many bigoted scum? how do you promote it? “promotion” and “lifestyle” are terms used by the bigots

1. Jock S. Trap 9 Mar 2011, 12:57pm

Indeed Chester, “promotion” and “lifestyle” are terms used by the bigots….. for the very things They do!!

2. Jock S. Trap 9 Mar 2011, 10:45am

Your lot are nothing but hypocrites!!

1. Not you jock that silly cnut above

3. fcuk off

1. Jock S. Trap 9 Mar 2011, 11:49am

Actually with you on that one James!

4. The only risk homosexuals face is running into a cnut like you.

1. Jock S. Trap 9 Mar 2011, 12:53pm

oops too far!

5. The risks? The risks are just the same as those straight people have – or less if you’re a lesbian like me and you’re talking about HIV.

6. all christians? id read what ‘john’ or ‘david skinner’ post, not that tolerant. what risks? what are you talking about?

7. Paddyswurds 9 Mar 2011, 7:09pm

@ LU …..Pity xtians dont understand that it is their own racist bigoted homophobia that will be the archietect of their utter demise… altho that is no bad thing………. Just to dip into another religion….Karma. ……And plain English…Poetic Justiice.

8. @LU

LU LU Skip to the LU, Skip to the LU my Darling.

Especially since you come out with such mellifluous effluence

1. Jock S. Trap 10 Mar 2011, 12:09pm

Is LU another hit and run customer?

Or will they be back under another disguise?

34. Jock S. Trap 9 Mar 2011, 10:42am

Oh how fitting is this to prove my point on the promotion of religion…

I’ve just had two women knocking at my door asking if I wanted to understand the bible and be a part of Jesus’s life?(I thought we all were already!)

I told them I didn’t believe in religion, to which they replied how “if I was to embrace it, it would be forfilling (coz I can’t do that all by myself now can I?) (Note they don’t take no!).

I replied “Well I’m Gay and we all know what’s said about that do we.”

“Er – Oh Er” still not leaving mind so I reply

“What part of not interested do you not understand?” Then I close my door. However only when I close my door do they go!

Whats the betting this, LU, your lot will insisted that when I use the ‘Gay card’ in the hope they’ll bugger off is what they interpert as ‘promotion of homosexual lifestyle’.

Doesn’t matter that they came to me to promote their distructive cult.

1. Jock S. Trap 9 Mar 2011, 10:45am

Now when was the last time you had two Gay men knocking at your door with a copy of Gay Times?

Or

Two Lesbians knocking at your door with a copy of Diva?

I’ll put a lot of money on Never!!

Oh no he Never – Gambling – Shocking!

1. Well my reply to the ‘gay card’ as you call it.. would be..

‘but God love you regardless’

1. Jock S. Trap 9 Mar 2011, 11:57am

Shame most of your lot don’t see it that way!

1. Jock S. Trap 9 Mar 2011, 11:58am

God may well love me regardless but it’s humans choosing certain cult groups that don’t.

2. Dr Robin Guthrie 9 Mar 2011, 4:02pm

Some of us neither need or want your version of your gods love.

Please keep it to yourself.

3. And she loves you too, LU, even though you’re prejudiced against some of her children ;)

4. Paddyswurds 9 Mar 2011, 7:14pm

@ LU ….my reply to that would be ” I don’t want the love of a god who would have you a representative………”

5. @@@LU

LU LU Skip to the LU, Skip to the LU my Darling.

Especially since you come out with such mellifluous effluence

2. But you dont understand the power of the Gay agenda Jock.
        1/3 of our schools are owned and run by the gay agenda; the so called “homosexuschools”.
        Some of these schools have the right to teach children that peter tatchell invented the egg cup, despite consensus amongst historians that he didnt.
        Also the gay agenda has 26 permanent gays in the house of lords, who get to amend day to day legislation and have a say in how the country is run.

Jock you need to wake up to the fact that the gay agenda is everywhere!

1. Paddyswurds 9 Mar 2011, 7:19pm

@scott strange that when one googles homosexuschools the only reference to this lie is your own …under the heading informedspeech…….otherwise konwn to the sane world as misinformation speech.. Concocting your own bigoted homophobic stats is not gonna work… You’ve lost…get over it.

2. Paddyswurds 9 Mar 2011, 7:35pm

@ scott…. ” the gay agenda is everywhere” ……Is it not you who needs to waken up to that fact, Scott?? We are watching you. The racist homophobic Abrahamic mythology cult is now on the run and we mean to finish it off once and for all. The world will be a better place without this destructive fiction. You have noone to blame for this demise but yourselves. We gave you the chance to redeem yourselves but you continued with your racist homophobic bigotry. and protected padophile nuns and priests in your churches, fought against womens suffrage, fought tooth and nail to keep slavery, even fought a civil war on that one, continue with blatant mysogeny, force women to go around in what is mobile tents, Continue to enslave the poor by denieing them contraception and on and on. the sooner religion is history and looked back on as a dark and evil period in human history the better.

1. dude chill, I was being satirical (admittedly poorly), replace the word gay for christian and everything i said is true/.
            Lol – man i must really be a persuasive evangelical when im joking.

3. Jock S. Trap 10 Mar 2011, 9:15am

Oh my you are deluded person.

There is no such thing as a Gay Agenda you sad little creep. No one teaches how we are born, it just is.

However lets talk about the real issue, the real issue religious people fail to see yet act out. The religious agenda. A religion that is choosen. The fact schools and people feel the need to preach religion onto others. Take the two women at my door yesterday. The agenda to brainwash people into believe in way and no other chose. How is that right?

Answer… It’s not!

Don’t confuse fantasy with realism. Fantasy being what you preach and the realism that how someone born should always take preference.

People don’t choose to be human beings. People don’t choose to be Gay or Lesbian.

People DO choose to follow what they are taught.
          Religion is taught.
          Religion is a lifestyle choice.

1. Jock S. Trap 10 Mar 2011, 9:18am

Just seen your last comment. You did look like the usual religious pricks that feel the need to dictate to us.

4. excellent. v good !

35. Dear Pink News readers

After a surge of gay suicides recently,we decided to invest our skills in creating an insightful and high quality video inspiring a sense of self worth amongst the LGBT youth in an attempt to reverse religious propaganda and others inflicting hatred and viscious rejection to Gay people.Is being gay evil?.Watch the video on my channel and engage.Sorry for the spam.Join the revolution.A better dawn for this nation.

36. LU, why don’t you have the honesty to just come out and say its “AIDS” that makes our so called “lifestyle” so risky. So what are you doing about all the straights getting it without any help from gay people. What about straight adultery, philandering, prostitution, straight paedophilia? Why don’t you get your own filthy straight house in order first instead of judging gay people of whom you know nothing except stereotypes, aided and abetted by the equallty disgusting religious cults that you defend?

1. Jock S. Trap 9 Mar 2011, 12:52pm

Yep I expect these people conveniently ignore the fact that 54% of all new infections last year were Heterosexual!

1. But considering that homosexuals only make up 10% of the population, that still means a considerably higher proportion of gay men were infected by comparison. (460% vs 54% in real terms, so effectively 8.5x more gays than straights) – Stop trying to spin crap using bad statistics.

1. Jock S. Trap 10 Mar 2011, 9:28am

Oh way to get ammo to those haters Spanner.

Nothing like crapping own your own doorstep eh?

I guess with creeps like you about making sure the stereotypes are sticking, you’ll forever hold us and progress back.

God you must really hate yourself being ‘A Gay’! Can’t think of another reason why you so frequently turn on your own.

I don’t agree with your numbers and statics. Statics doesn’t change the fact more heterosexual people were newly diagnosed with HIV. I guess your the kind that makes sure that gay people are stuck with it being called a ‘gay disease’.

Your a disgusting excuse for a human being let alone a gay one.

Funny you bang on about gay stereotypes in your comments but in many ways you live up to the bitter queen stereotype.

1. Jock: “I don’t agree with your numbers and statics.”[sic]

So why quote them in the first place? You love to spout this crap to prove a point, but then suddenly retreat in a hissy fit when your statistics are proven to be complete bollocks.

I am on nobodies “side”, facts are facts, and if gay men are still proportionally contracting HIV more than straights, that is not something to be considered ‘ammo’, or reinforcing stereotypes, it’s a seriously worrying fact that needs to be addressed, not buried under the carpet in case the Daily Mail picks it up.

Talk about dying of ignorance, you really do fit that stereotype. A selfish old leftie queen that’s more worried about PR and gay image than his own people dying of AIDS.

2. 2 wrongs dont make a right dont sink to that cnuts level

37. On the topic of xian evangelicals, at Uni i finally gave in and decided to listen to what they said. I said go on then convince me, why should I listen to you, what have I missed all these years?

They replied, and I quote – “Jesus is the son of god”.

Wow really, holy heck, ive gone my entire life without ever being told that before, allow me to change my life and everything else I do because of this.

I got christian friends, but I gotta admit some of them are right twazzocks.

1. Paddyswurds 9 Mar 2011, 7:44pm

@ Scott…you went to uni?? I am amazed because you come across as having never seen the inside of a school or indeed the inside of a book. Are you being truthful…you know it is a “sin” to lie, don’t you???

1. dude – read my replies to your comments about the homosexuschools thing.
        IT WAS A JOKE! I am an atheist, and gay, and pretty left wing.
        Sheesh last time i try satire.

1. Paddyswurds 9 Mar 2011, 8:04pm

@ Scott…. Keep you day job because as a comedian you suck, to quote our Yankie cousins. Sorry if i got you completely wrong. The sentiments i wrote though while they dont apply to you still pertain. pity we can’t edit after posting as on the Independent comment page……so i could replace your name with someone deserving of my rant.

1. I cant believe you thought I was being serious.
            “1/3 of our schools are homosexuschools”: lol I dont think even the christian institute are batsh*t enough to say that.
            I said that homosexuschools were teaching that peter tatchell invented the egg cup ffs! lol

In a defence of my slighted ego, I think it is your sense of humour, rather than my comedic ability that has been brought into disrepute! :D

2. Paddyswurds 10 Mar 2011, 12:37am

@ Scott.. Again sorry Scott…i totally missed the eggcup thing…must stop speed reading. I went and googled homosexuschools and came up with three entries…so after a quick glance thought you were serious andthat you were connected .. go have a look …again sorry no slight intended.

2. Jock S. Trap 10 Mar 2011, 9:29am

Yeah Scott don’t ring us!!

1. lol jock, come on man, read what I wrote, surely it is obvious I was taking the michael? If not, im going to become a televangelist, as Ive clearly got a very prosperous career ahead of me.

2. Jock S. Trap 10 Mar 2011, 3:30pm

Scott

Prrraisssssse be the Lordy!

Yeah you’ll go far…ish!

;)

38. Why do people here have to concern themselves with religious nonsense? Just accept the fact that religious faith is a mental illness and leave it at that. It is not possible to debate rationally with the irrational, that is with the mentally ill.

1. Paddyswurds 9 Mar 2011, 7:47pm

@ Neville….. Agreed, but it is fun to see them finally on the run. Oh the utter irony of it all. Watch them squirm like a snake on the end of a spear…

2. Probably the most intelligent thing anyone has said in this debate.

In asking to be exempt from the law i.e. the b&b case, Christians are asking for special treatment which if granted would set a precendent effectively rendering anti-discrimination law void. There are no exceptions, full stop. What if I, as an atheist running a B&B decided I didnt want to let a couple of christians stay the night cos well… i found their lifestyle or philosophical choices repugnant and bigotted? I would have to accommodate them or risk breaking the law. Could I defend myself on the basis of moral conscience or belief in atheism ? Er, I think not. I’d be laughed out of court. Its all special pleading by the christians and they cannot stand the fact that their religious priviledge is finally at an end. And about bloody time.

3. Hi Neville

“Why do people here have to concern themselves with religious nonsense?”

Good question, but I do not think it is that simple. Although I agree there is a question, can one develop emotionally and psychologically within a rigidly adherence to relgious ideology. In my view this is problematic, since it appears that religions so often only real serve to protect people from the anxiety of reality. A reality which reveals that every thing comes to an end, including ones own life.

I always think that it is best to face reality, rather than create elaborate myths to protect ones self from it. Belief in an after life in my view, does not help people engage with living now.

Carpe Diem

4. Jock S. Trap 10 Mar 2011, 12:16pm

You may well say its a mental illness but with the history of these ‘mentally ill’ (your words) people we have to remain concerned. Don’t think for a minute these people wouldn’t drag us back to the Middle Ages in a flash where they ruled. They still do even damage now.

Even the day they become the minority they deserve where they can do seemingly little or no harm they need to be watched like a hawk.

Oh how I look forward to that day.

5. cos the nonsense hurts people and gets people killed, look at how christianity for example supports and promotes homophobia

39. OK let me make it clear, I was joking.
    - There are no such things as homosexuschools.
    - Peter Tatchell did not invent the egg cup and no one says he did.
    - There are not 26 permanent gays in the house of lords.
    All of these points were parodies of religious power.

1. Jock S. Trap 10 Mar 2011, 3:34pm

Make way for the first House of Lords Pride Party!

All Church going bishops, arch -thingies etc must come in full drag…. oh I see they already do!

40. Hmmm. There is a wide difference between being “tolerated” and being accepted.

I don’t wish to be “tolerated’ by anyone.

1. I don’t wish to be taxed or grow old, but you know what? It happens anyway.
      Not everybody is ever going to like you, or find you attractive, or accept you are gay.
      If you are religious, blame God, if you’re not, blame human nature.
      Sh|t happens, sunshine.

41. Here is an extract from something I said in a dialogue on facebook about gay marriage. It seems relevant here in this discussion.

Your beloved Christian Institute often utilises freedom of speech, freedom of conscience, freedom of religion arguments to justify its position. Well I throw the same arguments back at you – in a democratic pluralistic society, if one group is allowed the freedom not to conduct same sex marriage or blessing ceremonies or look upon same sex relationships favorably, it follows that groups who do want the freedom to conduct such ceremonies and who do look favorably on same sex partnerships should also be allowed to exercise their freedom of thought, conscience and religion. Any argument against this would also be an argument against your own religious freedom and freedom of conscience.

42. Here is an extract from something I said in a dialogue on facebook about gay marriage which seems relevant here.

43. God bless him, he is a true Christian.

44. Hey this is a very interesting article! Thanks! Maybe you’re interested in UGG Greece

45. Paddyswurds 9 Mar 2011, 7:04pm

@ sophie…..you are aware this is a gay website and not a dating website for slappers…?

46. oh come on, thats a bit harsh paddy; you have websites for gay slappers after all.. ;)