George Michael says he was the ‘poster boy for cannabis’ and deserved to be jailed

1. Oh! Please, George can’t you get your head round this drug addiction , besides you can get yourself a chauffeur, please don’t keep putting gay guyz in a bad light in the media, ‘they’ think we all take drugs. Think about the poor kids coming out as Gay and contemplating suicide because their parents cannot come to terms with their siblings sexuality. I was born in the age of the Law condemning us for being Gay and being imprisoned, much has changed since, but our fight for Equality goes on, My daughter adores you, having been to Manchester City Ground twice to see you, why!, oh!, why!, can u not accept that your performances break ground in people accepting you for a masterful performer in your own right and yes I love you too!!!!

1. Paddyswurds 7 Mar 2011, 8:09pm

…@ Peter… i think the problem is with parents more that siblings. My siblings are mostly ok with my Queerness bar one, and he tends to adhere to the pixie in the sky fanatsy as did my mother who definitely wasn’t ok with it. so i think your thesis that it’s sibling unacceptance causing the problems. More like the parents dismay at their offsprings condition is the problem i’d say.

1. Paddyswurds 7 Mar 2011, 9:33pm

….oops…that it’s siblings causing problems * is wrong.

2. Next time someone tells me cannabis doesn’t cause addiction or car accidents, I’m going to kindly refer them to this article.

3. See I think about this in a different way. I dont see why the fact that George Michael is a little ponce who cant understand that smoking weed and driving is a bad idea, should stop me from legally buying weed if I wanted too.
    Loads of people have done it, a minority get f’ed up on it, as with all other fun things (alcohol, gambling, extreme sports) but the majority dont.
    Its about time the law stopped working in the interest of the stupidest amongst us.

1. Paddyswurds 7 Mar 2011, 8:11pm

… stopped working in the interest of the Vintners Assoc. i’d say.

4. Perhaps Cyprus could (re)claim him as their own and take him away from us, he’s a nuisance and embodies most of what I hate about the gay community at large – drug-taking, promiscuous (openly and unashamedly) and socially irresponsible. Add being a criminal to it and…well, the perfect role model!

Scott – these drug laws are there for a reason. Whether they deter people or not from taking them in the way they should is debatable. But it’s not in the interest of the general public to have people running around on pot – alcohol is bad enough.

1. I couldnt disagree more. You get daily mail and telegraph readers to try some weed, this country would become 100% better over night.
      Plus – imagine on friday and saturday night instead of people poisoning their livers with alcohol and then attacking each other, they got high. No violence, no hate, universal happiness.
      The only people you would see on the road would be takeaway delivery drivers.

George Michael is a complete noob for smoking it and driving, and deserves to be punished for that.

5. saynotommmmm 7 Mar 2011, 12:52am

well I love George, and wish him all the best

6. Staircase2 7 Mar 2011, 1:13am

I really like him
    Hes honest and articulate.
    He has said in the past that thr Press have a vendetta against him and they clearly do.
    there must be ENORMOUS amounts of Press and Media employees with drug habits FAR worse than Georges who sit their scoffing at him.
    The one thing George has never been is a hypocrite – and I admire that.

Full marks for trying to kick the habit though – horrible stuff

7. He was on the wright stuff today. It was a phone in after the papers said he had broke up with his partner.

He swore ^^ haha was great.

I think he’s a prat for drug driving and I think he’s sorry.

8. dave wainwright 7 Mar 2011, 2:11pm

I hope that George is dealing with the underlying problems that saw him take refuge in drugs , drugs are the symptom of deeper problems which undoubtedly are many when so universally famous with the pressures that FAME brings , I wish him well and thank him for all the fabulous music over the years , we should be proud and supportive of this GREAT GAY MAN, he has problems , don’t we all ?

9. If used responsiblt marijuana is no worse than alcohol.

Drug driving is completely unacceptable however.

1. Paddyswurds 7 Mar 2011, 8:14pm

….Marijuana would have been made legal long ago but for the Vintners Lobby… now theres a surprise.
      I don’t think it was weed alone that caused Georges driving prroblem however…..

10. George is, as always, utterly honest and refuses to B/S. I admire his candour and often brutal appraissal of himself.Its easy to focus on his addiction to the detrement of everything else he has achieved.None of us is perfect, being human in an inhuman wold can be bloody challenging at times.Good luck George.