Anti-gay singer Buju Banton guilty of drug charges

1. Simon Jones 23 Feb 2011, 2:17pm

Here’s hoping he’s someone’s “bitch” when he’s inside!

At the risk of sounding like my own father ….. they should throw away the key!

2. Christine Beckett 23 Feb 2011, 2:36pm

“Here’s hoping he’s someone’s “bitch” when he’s inside!”

Took the words right out of my mouth.. :-)

chrissie

3. shame he wasn’t found guilty of incitement to murder with his vile disgusting lyrics.

4. i remember that song he did . they still played it at my school dances circa 2000. i bet its still doing the bashment rounds today.

5. good riddance

6. …Or rather ‘Banton Bye Bye!’ ha!

7. You all got there before me. Drat.

8. He was given a Grammy last month eh?

I bet Elton John would duet with him.

9. I’m shocked he won a grammy last month. WOW. imagine a white rock star singing a song called ‘shoot the nlgga, burn the nlgga’ and then winning something – it wouldn’t happen thankfully – or a palestinian winning a grammy for singing ‘shoot the jew, burn the jew’.
    the grammy’s are a disgrace. last time I ever watch that.

10. jamestoronto 24 Feb 2011, 1:00am

Here’s hoping he’s someone’s “bitch” when he’s inside!

At the risk of sounding like my own father ….. they should throw away the key!

Throw away the key — NO WAY pass it around so anybody and everybody can have at that sick boy’s ass. He needs done to him everything that he suggests in his songs.

He probably wants to get f***ked in the worst way.

11. Not into druggies!

12. Tristan Verran 24 Feb 2011, 8:40am

Hm. I have a massive problem with all the acid that is in these comments.

“here’s hoping he’s someone’s bitch inside”

Really?

You’re actually hoping that another man gets raped?

Of course you’re not. Here lies the danger of censoring people and their opinions. I personally think he’s rubbish, but the controversy surrounding ‘that song’ has rocketed him into the stratosphere, when actually he probably would have disappeared under the radar years ago.

As we are gay people we operate under the banner of ‘freedom of expression and speech’ – you can’t give up those principles just because somebody says something you don’t like. Let him sing his rubbish songs about murder. I’m guessing that anyone who listens to his track and then goes out and shoots a gay person in the head is probably the kind of person who would do that anyway; regardless of listening to the music.

Just don’t give him any-more column inches, it degrades us not him.

13. @tristan verran, i disagree with your comment. you are misguided to assume people are not influenced from this type of material. I grew up in a predominantly afro/carribean multicultural area . This genre of music along with other murder artists like capleton, elephant man etc made violent gay hate even more acceptable and even fashionable ,and was mainstay genre in the bashment scene. Also, he will actually gain more status/kudos with his audience for having a criminal record/jail term. I can hear his music been played again from shops in harlesden.

14. Lets hope he learns something usefull in jail, like servicing the community……

15. This story is irrelevant and some of these comments are just vile.

1. Mark Fearn 24 Feb 2011, 1:07pm

why is it irrelevant???? and the comments vile??? he is the vile one – or do you approve of acid throwing gay haters?? what a weird person you are!

1. Okay, so anybody who happens to be homophobic should be raped? I fail to see what that solves. Never did I say that I approved of his homophobia, don’t be so black and white about things – just because I don’t wish harm to come to someone based on their own ignorance, it doesn’t mean I support them in any way.
        I challenge you to explain to me why this story is relevant.

1. its relevant because this fool is responsible for his contribution to the murder music industry, which peddles in evil hate and violence against lgbt citizens. if you are so challenged as to not see the relevance of this story on this site, then why did you bother coming here.

16. Jock S. Trap 25 Feb 2011, 8:30am

Not only shocked he won a Grammy but that his hate material is still so easy to buy.

Shame on the Grammys!

17. Boom bye bye Buju and welcome to the bended part of the reggae rainbow. Take it like a man man.