Jeff Brazier accused of homophobia for Dancing on Ice joke

1. How was this homophobic? I mean really, come on! Whoever has complained about this needs their head testing …

2. To be honest…Jason’s comments were far worse.

3. Someone needs to get that guy a dictionary if he mixes up ‘insemination with ‘interrogation’.

4. There is a song from Avenue Q called ‘Everyone’s a little bit racist’, an you know what everyone is to a degree. Whether it be making a light hearted joke or a little worse, we are all guilty of it. People need to lighten up and stop looking for fault and hidden meanings in what is sometimes just a joke!!! Oh and I am gay btw.

5. How….was that….homophobic? I know there are some tenuous things that come up on here, but, seriously guys. Especially given the bile that streams from Herr Gardiner’s chops!

Again, reporting of this kind of stuff just undermines the real homophobia.

Bad PN!

6. TheSuburbanBi 24 Jan 2011, 4:39pm

How is the use or misuse of the word ‘insemination’ homphobic?

Am I missing some context?

Or is there some concerted effort on the part of some genuine homophobes out there to make a lot of dumb phone-in complaints each week, in an attempt to make the LGBT community look like a batch of whingers? Far-fetched, I know. But so is the idea that that comment wsa somehow abusive to gay men.

7. Please can someone explain how that is homophobic?

8. Red Gosans 24 Jan 2011, 4:46pm

That was not a homophobic comment at all. At least, I don’t see it as being so. I agree with Mike, Jason Gardiner’s comment was a lot worse.

9. Who cares . They both could drop dead for all i care.

10. Gardiner is one vile old queen.

11. Its homophobic because he basically pointed at a gang of male youths in the audience who were there to support him and threatened him with ‘group insemination’ if his comments on his dancing were not complimentary. This a very thinly veiled reference to some sort of ‘gang rape’. Would it be acceptable if he threatened a female judge in the same way? And it was not an accident but intentional. He confessed this to Philip Schofield after the live show. Philip told viewers of This Morning about it today

12. I’m guessing if he did have homophobic intent, that would more than likely make him more appealing to the average british viewer.

13. Jamie oliver said only put one chilli in if youre a nancy on C4 30 min meals is that homophobic?

14. I don’t know who this Jeff Brazier is, and I don’t want to, but that pic of him beside the article makes him look like a typical all-American 1950s gay boy.

15. Dr very smart 24 Jan 2011, 6:59pm

He loves himself ha ha ha.

He is not as nice looking as he used to be but he can sit on my knee any time! I used to live near him a “homophobe” he is not.. He loves himself so much I would have thought he has experimented wouldn’t you.

I so much want to get inside his trousers..

16. look closley the poof has had botox

17. Really camp! After he made the group insemination comment he talked about the judge looking at his winkle or trouser flap or whatever and did a coquettish little giggle behind his hand.

18. Does anyone know why he is famous?

19. Dr very smart 24 Jan 2011, 11:36pm

You know you like him and you know you would. He has two children now and he plays the role of the Essex Jack the Lad very likeable.

Jeffrey Carl Brazier 27 May 1979 television presenter and reality TV star. Before becoming a television personality, he was a footballer on the books of Leyton Orient for three years, although he never played for the first team and quit the game due to injury. Brazier has two sons from his relationship with Big Brother contestant Jade Goody, whom he was with from 2002 until 2004. They were both born in Essex: Bobby Jack (born 2003) and Freddy (born 2004)

20. It was all just a joke, surely! I have these kind of laughs with a colleague at work all the time

21. Slow news day? Seriously, who cares if two vacuous twits have a bitch-off.

22. Dr very smart 25 Jan 2011, 8:31am

“Will”

Slow news today? Seriously who cares if two vacuous twits have a bitch off.

Vacuous indeed why put , where it doesn’t belong?

23. “Too many semi-illiterate people using voice recognition software for everyday tasks which it wasn’t designed for.”

I think someone else already made a comment towards your condescension on anther thread, so we won’t repeat them here. You have not much to offer by way of an intelligent comment here either, I see.

Oh, no! Did I place another coma in a faux pas position??? How tragic! You really should get a life.

24. Well, Dr. Very Smart, you don’t seem too bright to me.

This is defined as “Commas That Offset” – i.e. may also be used to offset interjections and appositives. For example: “Stop, don’t take one more step!”, “Generally, gay men are friendly and helpful”, or “Moreover, some will buy medication for you if you ask nicely”.

Hence Will’s use in “Seriously, who cares if two vacuous twits have a bitch-off” is correct.

But more importantly is why would you bother to take the time to point that out when you have nothing else to add? No substance?

25. I saw you’re droll comment there. Still incorrect.

You really should get some medication for that condition, it might help you lead a normal life.

“Doctor”

26. Dr very smart 25 Jan 2011, 9:25am

It’s time for me to go to work. I recommend illiteracy classes. If your problem is dyslexia you could try using tinted glasses. Try this. I recommend He-latery classes.

“Helen”

27. “It’s time for me to go to work.”

Does the attendant let you out on day release? I’d suggest medication before you attempt to interact with normal people.

Oh, and one does not go to “illiteracy” classes, one goes literacy classes. Not too “smart”, are you “doctor”?

28. Brazier looks like he has down syndrome to me.

and dr very smart needs to see a doctor.

29. ??????

I wouldn’t insult people with downsyndrom.

These guy is ignoramus. A non entity. WTF?

30. WHO CARES

31. I agree with Helen, I’m not sure who I’m supposed to be. Anyway, I agree with Helen.

Dr very smart. You are not very smart I’m poking my tongue out at you!

Behavior, disorderly. Can be class clown, trouble-maker, late developmental stages talking, crawling, walking, tying shoes. Bedwetting beyond appropriate age. Strong sense of justice; emotionally sensitive; strives for perfection. Mistakes and symptoms increase dramatically with confusion, time pressure, emotional stress, or poor health. Has extended hearing; hears things not said or apparent to others; easily distracted by sounds. Difficulty putting thoughts into words; speaks in halting phrases; leaves sentences incomplete; stutters under stress; mispronounces long words, or transposes phrases, words, and syllables when speaking.

Manual for teachers of adult illiteracy classes.
    Publisher: T.H. Harris, State superintendent of public education

Association for Social Development (SASCD) has managed to provide at least 120 children with illiteracy classes.

32. Hmmm. Impersonating my name now, are we? Are you emplying I am Helen, or she is me? Indeed. Very “smart” of you.

I believe there might be something deeply disturbed with this one, folks.

Run along now “Dr Smart”, I’m sure you have a tin foil hat to make and some traffic to scream at.

Prat.

33. I think that the general problem is that it is increasingly ‘cool’ for low-grade ‘celebrities’ to indulge in sneering rudeness and abuse as ‘entertainment’. They happen to do a lot of it homophobically because they still get away with it more easily than if they denigrate other groups.

34. dave wainwright 26 Jan 2011, 5:22am

Sounds more like Jeff camping it up a bit than being homophobic to me , he is Gaw Juice :) and am sure he works and plays with gay people all the time in his line of work .

35. “I believe there might be something deeply disturbed with this one, folks.”

You’re right there Will. He’s probably some religious freak masquerading as another to get a few digs in at those who in the past told him jesus was a tooth fairy or a queer or something. Given he doesn’t seem to know what he’s talking about, this makes for a fine example of pretentious AND stupid.

But as I’m implied to be you, is this comment actually self gratification? :)

36. He’s so cute.

37. Maybe insemination was meant as tribute to gang bangs, threesomes, sauna group fests, bukkake seasons or orgies as many of us know them all too well. Maybe she is not as stupid as she looks. Kind of cute thou.