Federal appeals court rules DADT will remain in place indefinitely

1. Jock S. Trap 2 Nov 2010, 12:44pm

Why do British troops have to serve alongside bigots? If they can’t accept gay and lesbian service persons then I assume they treat our brave people with contempt. Why should we help them out?!

Disgusting!

2. Rufus Red 2 Nov 2010, 1:01pm

So, the mendacious, false, hollow puff-ball Backtrack Obama won his appeal… How did we ever let ourselves be taken in…

3. Yes – why would gay people want to serve a country that discriminates them? If it was me I would fight for a country who does not discriminate.

4. Jock, I asked a similar question on other posts My question was if the U.S. military top brass wants to maintain DADT, then why did it not refuse military assistance by the British military in Iraq and Afghanistan if its a question of moral and unit cohesion. I didn’t see Bush refuse Blair’s help did you? How did our openly gay servicemen and women impact American soldiers? This is nothing more than a red herring to do nothing. The American military leaders are nothing more than bigots and hypocrites, not man/men enough and definitely immature in dealing with something so childish. One way to screw the U.S. military would be for the thousands of gay men and women currently serving to withdraw immediately, but that won’t happen of course. Its a fact that rather than allow gay men and women to serve openly, the U.S. military under the Bush administration actively recruited convicted felons and criminals and allowed them to serve to make up for the lack of numbers of men and women signing up.

5. Obama you promised so much and delivered so little

6. Bishop Ioan 2 Nov 2010, 7:38pm

If I can, I plan to emigrate to Canada. Obama has done nothing for us I could have predicted this but my spouse wanted me to have “positive thoughts”. Yeah, well see where THOSE got us. I am fed up and hope that I can get my wife to consider moving to Canada once we can save up some money and she can find work there. This country is disgusting.

7. No More Mr. Nice Gay 2 Nov 2010, 8:04pm

Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, Barry Obama and his puppet DoJ head Eric Holder decided to challenge the Phillips decision rather than allow DADT to expire immediately. Who would have thought a Black president would so thoroughly humiliate himself by coming out strongly in favor of discrimination in 2010? He’s lost the gay community in the US, but I doubt he cares.

8. Obama is a con man. At least everyone knew Bush was vile.

9. Bishop Ioan 2 Nov 2010, 10:03pm

He doesn’t care, No More Mr Nice Gay–that is the saddest part of it all. Obama is nothing more than a political hack who used the gay vote. He’s disgusting and I hope he HAS lost the gay community. He did nothing to earn its trust.

10. Mihangel apYrs 3 Nov 2010, 8:48am

as I write he’s lost Congress. At best he wasted the only real opportunity of change for LGBTQxyz people by allowing threats of filibusters in the Senate and compromise in Congress. His super majority in the Senate is also lost, so he’s effectively a lame duck. DADT, DOMA, ENDA will now be quashed, and his economic policies will be stymied. Only the wars will be funded (while the politicians cream off tax dollars to their favorite interests) and Gitmo and other abominations will remain

Come 2012 he’ll be ough and on the lecture circuit – the gfirst black POTUS and a Nobel Peace Prize winner who did nothing for peace, and whose award in anticipation of his successes was sadly mistaken

11. Mihangel apYrs 3 Nov 2010, 12:44pm

that should read “Come 2012 he’ll be out…”

12. Obama is a black man remember – and all black men are homophobic bigoted red-necks who like their fried chicken!!!!

13. when i was in the army we did not allow women into combat arms. Today military women play a major roll in the front lines.Looking back i do believe that gays have been discriminated against for to long and its time to abolish DADT because todays military is doing a great job and duty for this country.This discrimnation has to stop and we can start with todays military by banning DADT