Transgender Day of Remembrance to be held next month

1. This deserves to spend the weekend as the PinkNews top article not hidden away at the bottom of the page like some dirty little secret.

Give it a fair chance PinkNews

2. Jessica Geen 29 Oct 2010, 5:56pm

Helen, it was not “hidden like a dirty secret”. I just did not immediately change the page order.

Editor.

3. Make that the International Day Against Transphobia. It’s about time.

4. I will be thinking about all of my transgender friends, about their bravery and liberation, and the risks that they have to take every day! I am in awe of you all!

5. OrtharRrith 30 Oct 2010, 6:58pm

It’s sad that there has to be a Transgender Day of Remembrance and sobering that I and those like me are at risk of being killed for no other reason then we are different to cisgender peoples. I long for the day when being transgender is no more an issue then being left-handed and that transpeople the world over are no longer murdered for who they are.

6. An Cat Dubh 31 Oct 2010, 11:34am

Is anyone else here embarrassed by the fact this is also ‘Kick a Ginger Day’?

7. Christine Burns 31 Oct 2010, 1:43pm

We should remember that it’s not just last year’s event that was prefaced by trans murders in the UK. Last week we also saw the alleged murder of distinguished Human Rights lawyer Sonia Burgess .. made all the worse by the trashing of her memory in the tabloid press.

8. Indeed. I can’t belive she was murdered by a woman!

9. poeticlicense 3 Nov 2010, 10:40pm

As soneone who has been beaten up many many times for being transsexual and been openly threatened many more times, and felt very much unsure of a guy that that knocked on my door this evening that insulted me, I long to be treated as my true gender, one day perhaps. @ Brenton, thank you, with more people like you we’d not need a TDOR, but fact is that it will be required in perpetuity IMHO. @ Christine yes we’ll remember Sonia, even those of us who didn’t know her personally

10. Chloe Could Dinan 25 Sep 2011, 3:13am

Calling all Gays, Lesbians, Bisexuals, Transgenders and Transsexuals Of the world unite My Brothers and Sisters and take to the streets in a blazing path of destruction in order to get the rights and freedoms we deserve. For far to long our kind been treated as inferior and worthless It is now our time to rise and show them at we are not inferior!!! Make no Mistake, They are trying to wipe us out just because they see us as not normal.

THIS IS THE BEGINNING OF A REVOLUTION!!!!!

Fight for our Existence!!!!