Golden Girl Betty White supports gay marriage

1. David in Indy 29 Oct 2010, 6:34pm

I love that woman! I remember watching her on The Mary Tyler Moore Show when I was a kid. And then a number of years later on The Golden Girls. She was my favorite on both shows. Of course, the religious nut cases will probably try to attack her for her stance on gay rights and gay marriage, but I’m pretty certain the attacks will bounce right off. I doubt any freak with a bible can touch a celebrity like she. She’s been a well established television icon for many decades. If and when it does happen, she’ll probably just laugh it off. And it will help solidify her gay rights stance even more.

Miss Betty, you go girl!!

2. You were fantastic in the Golden Girls.

What a wonderful women . . . we love you Betty.

3. Gays do indeed “love old ladies” Miss White and right at this moment, you’re the most loved of all.

4. jamestoronto 30 Oct 2010, 1:10am

You Rock Betty!!! Never doubted you would support SSM.

You are the best-loved slightly “older” lady and to use a somewhat overused term “You are just COOL!”

5. I think St Olaf’s would have legalised same sex marriage.

I love Betty White. As a child I adored the Golden Girls. Blanche was my girl, but Rose, Sophia and Dorothy were golden also.

6. If only, so many other people had Betty’s attitude! What a more pleasant and happy world it would be for all!

7. Jock S. Trap 30 Oct 2010, 8:43am

I’m far to young to remember those shows but Good for you Betty!!

8. The entire Golden Girls cast was pro marriage equality. In addition to Betty’s strong support for same-sex marriage, she’s also an ardent animal rights advocate. A great lady indeed!

9. She totally rocks, all the Golden girls were for complete marriage equality and even did a show on that very subject, years before it became popular.

10. Old ladies are a much maligned breed. I don’t know when it happens but suddenly women become old ladies – tolerant, lovable, wise, a bit finicky and with a touch of mischief. And Betty White is the queen of them all.

11. martyn notman 31 Oct 2010, 1:05pm

thank you for being a friend betty!

12. David in Indy 1 Nov 2010, 7:20am

“Old ladies are a much maligned breed. I don’t know when it happens but suddenly women become old ladies – tolerant, lovable, wise, a bit finicky and with a touch of mischief. And Betty White is the queen of them all.”

Well said, Peter!

13. A great comedienne and a great lady. Thanks, Betty.

14. Great lady- long may you inspire us. Loved you in the Golden Girls.

15. BoBo Weinstein 9 Nov 2010, 3:23am

Love Betty White. Common sense never took a vacation from her.

16. ofcom and word poof

1 July 2007 and 4 July 2007 , Laura Williams

Around 200 viewers complained about two separate incidents in which Laura Williams used the word “poof