Senate candidate Ken Buck says being gay is a choice

1. sexual orientation is not choice or down to any of the bigoted lies he spew
    but he did choose to display that he is a homophobic ignorant loser

2. So when exactly did he decide to become straight?

3. how ignorant can you be!? stupid question to start with (by the host) if you ask me…

4. In the face of the recent gay suicides, this man should be utterly ashamed of his bigoted self.

5. Homosexuality is NOT a choice … but Homophobia is !!!!!

He’s wrong on the first and guilty of the second!

6. Isn’t it revealing that the vast majority of these right wing, often religious politicians are in the republican party and very few are in the democratic party? Its also revealing when they describe our sexual orientation as a “lifestyle”, implying choice while the heterosexuals’ lives are never depicted as such.

7. What a dick!

8. What a surprise, another brainless moronic politician.

9. Peter In Brisbane 18 Oct 2010, 6:54pm

Conceited Bigot!
    Blake is ignorant because he has one book in his Library.
    Bible blackness. A black hole from whence there is no return.
    Why do they insist on speaking for us and about us? They steal our taxes and resources to support their chosen lifestyle, a lifestyle that is soon to be seriously challenged due to overpopulation of our Planet.

10. Does he have evidence that sexual orientation is a choice?

Let us see some evidence. If he has no evidence, he should shut up, the moron.

11. Buck off.

12. What an arsehole! Who on earth would actually choose to be gay?

13. David in Indy 18 Oct 2010, 9:37pm

Homosexuality IS a choice. I CHOOSE to live the life I was created by nature to live, and I choose NOT to live a life of lies and deception, or even worse a life filled with lonliness and devoid of love. People like him wish people like me to deny ourselves and who we are and to execute our very souls in the process, all so we don’t offend them, their religion and their sensibilities.

It continues to amaze me how they remain so interested in who we are and what we do. They are fascinated by us for some reason and they can’t stop thinking about us. That is very strange. If we offend them as much as they say we do, then why is it they can’t stop noticing us? So yeah, he’s right. I did choose it because I’m not about to live a life I wasn’t meant to live simply to please them and their precious little religious books. So, Ken Buck needs to get his ass up, leave us alone and clean up his own house before he worries about what is inside of ours. I’m quite certain there are plenty of skeletons in his closets. People in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones – or something like that. Because I’m getting really sick and tired of this crap.

14. David in Indy 18 Oct 2010, 9:56pm

I forgot to mention I heard him say this crap while watching Meet The Press and I almost threw my can of Canada Dry at the television screen. But I didn’t, because I am not a violent person and he certainly isn’t worth the $800 it would take to replace the TV set. lol

I don’t live in Colorado. I live in Indiana but we have plenty of scum suckers like him in this state too. I am really nervous about the elections next month. I will be casting my vote in November and I hope the other Americans reading this will do the same. We can’t let bigots like him win because there are too many of them in Washington as it stands. So get up and go vote! Please!

15. What do you expect someone from the Tea Party to say?
    They’re the most racist, sexist, homophobic and just about all the other -ists you can think about. Even the GOP seperates themselves from these Republicans gone wild.

If anyone else here is America, VOTE DEMOCRAT.
    They expect big loses this term and you do not want these republicans getting in. While it is sad that our president, a democrat, is failing to deliver, remember that electing democratic seats is important for also protecting gay rights from the GOP who would love nothing more than to strip us of these rights.

16. Ken Buck’s comment suggests that he is by nature homosexual in orientation but that he has chosen to pretend that he is heterosexual for his own reasons…weird guy, thank science we are not all like him or the world would have no gay community at all.

17. 21stCenturySpirituality 18 Oct 2010, 11:45pm

Oh well. if I cant use the f word here I’ll just go on twitter and do a link. I dont see why I shoudn’t be able to use the f word for this idiot.

18. If that is the case, then what is the cure for being a Republican?

19. Ones sexuality is not a choice, however being an idiot is. And this is one big bigoted idiot. He needs to get a real job and leave the thinking to those who truly have intelligence.

20. Yeah sure sexuality is a choice, you mean there’s a ‘lifestyle’ I can choose where I’m immediately downgraded to a second class citizen, I can be taunted in the schoolyard, mocked by 3rd rate comedians, not allowed hospital visiting rights for my partner (until very recently) or forced to go to all my friends and family and out myself which feels like asking everyone’s permission to be me, where do I sign up for this ‘choice’?
    I want lowlife yobs I’ve never met to take one look at me and my partner holding hands and bring out the knuckle dusters on principle. I want Vince Vaughn and a million others to use my ‘chosen’ sexuality as a synonym for crap. I want fundamentalist wingnut bigots and rightwing politicians to use me as a devisive political football to be pathologised and abused to gain a few wingnut votes. Can I really sign up for all that? Pretty f***ing please?
    What, I have that already!
    Oh yes I do cause I CAN’T EVEN THINK STRAIGHT!!!

If I could’ve chosen straight back when my hormones kicked in I would’ve been straight for the simple reason it’s the path of least resistance, although I’d be living a lie.
    But the more I encounter these people, the more I know I’d be betraying every other gay person on the planet.
    Ken Buck can kiss my butt.

21. Mihangel apYrs 19 Oct 2010, 7:38am

Flapjack (@20)
    “Ken Buck can kiss my butt.”

I would hope you have better taste as to who gets access to your bum!

Seriously, thus cnut is really saying is that queers shouldn’t live “queer”, they should pretend to be straight and live celibate, lonely lives if they don’t marry someone of the opposite sex. That is: don’t upset people by living true to yourself.

We’re slowly winning (barring a major, but possible, setback), that’s why they’ve switched attack-modes

22. you sound like you mean you chose to accept your sexual orientaion david in indy

23. What a silly little man! He is obviously unfit for any high office. Maybe he also thinks babies in the womb have a think before they decide which colour they want to be or whether they fancy being 5’8” or 6 foot tall when they grow up. At least most do grow up which is more than this half-wit ever will.

24. The Tea Party are a lot of right wing religious nutjobs who make Gorege W look like a great statesman! Anyone who thinks Sarah Palin could be President of the USA must be totally barmy so take no notice of their infantile rantings!

25. Just about sums the Tea Party up as far as I can tell. And I can never get why ‘choices’ should make you a second-class citizen in any case. It all boils down to an unstated but obvious belief that some ‘choices’ are more valid than others.

26. Riondo – many claim something chosen can be unchosen and also claim it’s like addictions etc just to demonise LBG folk

27. Seriously, what the hell is wrong with American politicians? I know that we’re not ideal in the UK but bloody hell – at least our politicians are complete fu*knuts.

28. I wonder if he is dogma-syndrome?

29. “being gay is a choice and is similar to alcoholism.”

Alcoholism is a choice now? So people ‘chose’ to have their lives ruined by an addictive substance as much as a gay person will ‘chose’ to be persecuted???? The smarts are not high on your agenda, are they Mr. Buck….. thank your merciful lord your name has so few letters, or you’d be all day writing it with that crayon.

30. Chester -
    Thank you, I had worked that out. I just think that not enough has been done to challenge the idea that a capacity for ‘choice’ makes you fair game for discrimination, especially in light of current relgious peoples’ demand not to be discriminated against. Whether or not sexuality is a choice, giving assent to a supernatural belief most certainly is.

31. Robert (Kettering) 19 Oct 2010, 6:06pm

Anyone holding those homophobic views who joins a political party with such a camp name like,”The Tea Party has to be kidding surely? Where did they get such an idiotic, camp name from in the first place?

32. CUT AND PASTED FROM THE ARTICLE.

“When public figures like Mr Buck make statements like he did today, kids struggling with their identities question their self-worth and other kids justify bullying. Ken Buck must correct his remarks now.”

Are you reading this, too, Mr. Public Figure Ratzinger…?

33. Frank: “Ones sexuality is not a choice, however being an idiot is.”

I beg to differ. The man is congenitally pig-sh!t stupid. It is just one of those things. You can try to hide it, but people find you out in the end.

34. I do live in Colorado. The first time I saw this idiot I didn’t figure he was worth much. With all the things the courts have made him do to correct things I am suprised even the Pee party would choose him. But it just shows what a bunch of idiots they are too.

35. Arthur in DC 29 Oct 2010, 5:26am

I thought being a bigot and believing in hatefilled religion was the choice – so many fools make.

36. Arthur in DC 29 Oct 2010, 5:28am

Time to help their kids make a choice. We need a lot of people on Youtube encouraging kids to be gay. And to use the bible as we do at school – to wipe our butts, especially after really nasty jobs.