Lady Gaga ‘training’ to become a minister to perform gay marriages

1. OMAR KUDDUS GayasylumUK 6 Sep 2010, 10:07am

Admirable of her, to say the least, but unfortunately not all LGBT’s are allowed to “marry” their partners .
    In England for example one can only have a “civil partnership”, unavailable to fellow heterosexual couples, who can only either “cohabit or marry”.

Would it not just be simpler to make everyone EQUAL, in the eyes of the Law, based on the fact that we are all born Equal by the mere fact that we are born Human and have the same rights, feelings and emotions as our counterpart Heterosexual fellow Human beings, especially in the “free west”.
    Discrimination has just too many forms and faces, and its time to realise just that, we are and all ways have been treated as second class citizens, by most of our governments, again in the “free west” , where homosexuality is legal.
    You however cannot have “equality” without liberty. When people are free to govern themselves and own their own personal sovereignty that person is therefore equal in the sense of humanity.
    However in reality we are not all “born equal” as many of us come from different nationalities, backgrounds, class, race, religion, upbringing etc. Many of us are born in countries where individual rights are infringes or where such rights are not recognises.
    But as stated we cannot expect for the government to “give” us equal rights. Because whatever the government can grant or give it can also take away. Rights are inalienable.
    Equality is thus unachievable ,no matter how noble, however, liberty is for everybody.
    BUT ONLY IN THE “FREE WEST”.

2. Martin miles 6 Sep 2010, 10:36am

I absolute love what gaga stands for. She is an insperartion for any person with mixed signals about how and who they are. She is absolutly right to tell people to ignore the hate group if everyone ignored them they wouldn’t exist.

3. M. T. Balls 6 Sep 2010, 11:51am

PinkNews reporting on a story from “British tabloid, the Daily Star”…. Seriously? Oh dear!!

4. Go Lady Gaga, We have to stand together for one and all. I too am a Minister of 6yrs and will do gay marfor in the great State of Iowa USA. SIMON

5. PumpkinPie 7 Sep 2010, 4:43am

Oh my goodness. I wasn’t sure before, but, if Lady Gaga officiates, then I definitely want to get married!

…You know, just as soon as I find a partner and have a long and stable relationship with them.

6. Opps hit enter to soon LOL. (Gay Marriages) Thanks again Lady Gaga SIMON

7. An Cat Dubh 7 Sep 2010, 11:30am

I must say, I greatly dislike Germanotta’s work, but I certainly like what she does as a person, hence I’m using her real last name and not her stage name.
    Oh, and according to Matthew 5:21-25 (if I remember correctly), Phelps is going to Hell for calling people ‘nincompoops’. Hah.

8. PeterinSydney 7 Sep 2010, 12:09pm

What a great idea. I would love to have Lady Gaga witness our marriage when it becomes legal in Australia under the new Greens – Labour Government. What a hoot it would be!!!!!!!!!!!

9. A REAL Minister 8 Sep 2011, 1:44pm

I think that if this is true and she promotes it as such, it will have a negative effect on the battle for gay marriage. Why would she say she is training to do gay marriage? Gay people want to be seen as the same as everyone else, as having a valid marriage to a loved one. Is this saying she would not perform a straight marriage? Because that would be discrimination. If you choose to become a minister, which is a serious thing, you do it because you are called to help all people, not just a certain group.