4 August 2010Gay couples sue Alaska over unequal tax laws 1 Three gay couples are suing the state of Alaska for denying them equality in tax laws.
4 August 2010Comment: ‘Newlygays’ – the ex-straight lesbians 11 As more famous women reveal their sexuality has shifted from straight to gay, what does that reveal about the rest of society and why have the newspapers only just noticed?
4 August 2010Prop 8 ban on gay marriages in California ruled unconstitutional 33 Following a lengthy public trial, Judge Vaughn Walker has ruled that the voter-initiated Proposition 8, which bans gay marriage in California, is unconstitutional.
5 August 2010California gay couples rejoice but can’t marry yet 7 Across California, gay couples are celebrating a federal court's ruling that banning gay marriage is unconstitutional.
5 August 2010New BBC sitcom to star Neil Morrissey as a gay dad 13 A new BBC3 sitcom will star Men Behaving Badly actor Neil Morrissey as a gay man.
5 August 2010Man admits sleeping with trans prostitute before her murder + A man accused of the murder of trans woman Destiny Lauren has admitted he had sex with her but denies killing her.
5 August 2010Gay groups welcome Prop 8 ruling but warn of more legal battles 3 Gay rights groups have welcomed a judge's ruling that California's gay marriage ban is unconstitutional but warned that more work had to be done to ensure equality.
5 August 2010George Michael to re-release Faith album 12 Gay singer George Michael is to release a remastered version of his debut solo album Faith.
5 August 2010Chile’s gay marriage bill ‘unlikely to succeed’ 10 Two Chilean senators introduced a bill to allow gay marriage this week but commentators say the measure is unlikely to succeed.
5 August 2010Exclusive interview: Labour leadership candidate Diane Abbott 40 Labour leadership contender Diane Abbott speaks to PinkNews.co.uk about her record on gay rights, how homophobic bullying should be dealt with and her surprising aspiration to tackle homophobia globally.
6 August 2010Mexico City’s gay marriage law upheld by court 2 Mexico's Supreme Court has upheld a gay marriage law in the country's capital, Mexico City.
6 August 2010Opponents file appeal over ruling on California’s gay marriage ban 15 As expected, anti-gay groups have filed an appeal against a federal court ruling that California's gay marriage ban is unconstitutional.
6 August 2010Gay Labour mayor at centre of Nottinghamshire homophobia row 8 A Labour politician in Nottinghamshire has accused a Tory council leader of being homophobic at an youth awards ceremony in December.
6 August 2010Reality TV star Louie Spence says he receives homophobic hate mail 6 The star of Pineapple Dance Studios Louie Spence says he is sent hate mail because he is gay.
6 August 2010Gay icon and rugby star Ben Cohen supports Gay Sports Day 8 England rugby union star and gay icon Ben Cohen has given his support to this year's Gay Sports Day.
6 August 2010Second Zimbabwe gay activist pleads not guilty on porn charges + The second Zimbabwean gay rights activist to be charged with having porn in her office has pleaded not guilty.
6 August 20102012 Olympics chiefs urged to highlight London’s ‘diverse communities’ 4 Gay rights campaigner Peter Tatchell is to meet the organisers of the London 2012 Olympics next week to urge them to promote London's diverse communities.
6 August 2010Gareth Thomas ‘questioned coming out’ after anti-gay abuse 8 Gay rugby player Gareth Thomas said he briefly questioned whether he should have come out when fans shouted homophobic abuse at him during a match.
6 August 2010Reykjavik’s mayor opens Pride in drag 21 The mayor of Reykjavik has opened the city's Pride celebrations in drag.
9 August 2010Liberal Democrats to vote on gay marriage 20 Liberal Democrat party members will vote on full marriage equality at their annual conference next month.
Articles from August 2010
- Chief Rabbi Lord Sacks: I’ve not come out strongly against same-sex unions, but in Judaism we don’t do them’9
- US: Boy Scouts council to vote on lifting ban on gay members+
- US church: Equal marriage bill is to blame for violent Woolwich murder8
- US Boy Scouts President: Allowing gay boy scouts would be ‘the right decision’+
- Peter Tatchell: ‘I may disagree with David Cameron on austerity, but on equal marriage I salute him’5
- Ukraine: Gay pride rally cancelled by court for fear that it will spark violence+
- Cornwall: Tory deputy chair Sarah Newton defends abstaining in equal marriage Commons vote13
- Sir Gerald Howarth: ‘I should have used ‘militant’ rather than ‘aggressive’ to describe the ‘homosexuality community’37
- Lib Dem MP John Pugh criticised for voting against equal marriage bill — Simon Hughes and Tim Fallon abstained17
- Tory MP Sir Gerald Howarth defends ‘aggressive homosexual community’ equal marriage slur59
- US church blames Woolwich suspected terror killing on UK acceptance of gay people46
- Tory MP Sir Gerald Howarth defends 'aggressive homosexual community' equal marriage slur 59
- David Cameron called 'marriage wrecker' and warned of 'long battle' over equal marriage in House of Lords47
- Seven amusing and shocking things we learned during the equal marriage debate7
- Columnist Richard Godwin: Does Tory MP Sir Gerald Howarth 'dream that everyone in Soho wants to bum him?' 10
- Sir Gerald Howarth: 'I should have used 'militant' rather than 'aggressive' to describe the 'homosexuality community'37
- US church blames Oklahoma tornado on gay basketball player Jason Collins56
- US radio host: Employers should be allowed to discriminate against gays who 'display their lifestyle'46
- Lib Dem MP John Pugh criticised for voting against equal marriage bill -- Simon Hughes and Tim Fallon abstained17
- Canada lifts lifetime ban on gay men giving blood, but they can only donate if celibate for five years24
- London: Gay couple threatened with death in violent late night homophobic assault141
- Government considers watered down same-sex marriage bill to minimise Tory rebellion133
- Tory MP Gerald Howarth: 'There are plenty in the aggressive homosexual community who want more than just same-sex marriage'94
- France: Far right activist commits suicide in Notre Dame following legalisation of equal marriage93
- Philip Hammond: 'No great demand for gay marriage and it's upsetting vast numbers of people'73
- Government to consider abolishing civil partnerships or opening up to straight couples68
- Norman Tebbit: David Cameron has 'f**** things up' with his equal marriage bill66
- David Cameron: Gay teenagers will stand that bit taller following equal marriage vote62
- Tory MP Sir Gerald Howarth defends 'aggressive homosexual community' equal marriage slur59
- Lib Dem Deputy Leader Simon Hughes: 'Marriage should be between one man and one woman'58
Pink News on Twitter Follow @PinkNewsDownload our free app for iPhone + iPad Out4Marriage