11 June 2010‘Lezza’, ‘poof’ and ‘queer’ are acceptable on TV, Ofcom study finds 24 Words such as "lezza", "poof" and "queer" are socially acceptable for use by broadcasters, an Ofcom study says.
11 June 2010Radio 2 has ‘too many camp comedians’, radio chief says 18 BBC Radio 2 has got too many television comedians "camping it up", the head of a commercial radio body has said.
11 June 2010France tells trans woman her breasts don’t measure up 11 If your breasts don’t measure up – you just can’t be a “proper” woman.
11 June 2010Iceland’s parliament unanimously approves gay marriage 37 Politicians in Iceland have passed a law legalising gay marriage.
11 June 2010US domestic violence law covers gay victims, justice dept confirms 2 The US justice department has confirmed that federal laws giving protection against domestic violence also apply to gays and lesbians.
11 June 2010UK will tell Gibraltar age of consent difference ‘breaches international law’ 15 The UK is to tell Gibraltar its unequal age of consent for gay and straight people breaches international law.
14 June 2010Jobs may be lost as Crusaid and THT merge 23 HIV charities Crusaid and Terrence Higgins Trust (THT) are to merge.
14 June 2010Gay rights activist Peter Tatchell rejected again from Downing Street 81 This week's Pride reception at Downing Street will see gay charity heads, campaigners, businessmen and celebrities flock to shake new prime minister David Cameron's hand - but not the man who is arguably Britain's most famous gay rights campaigner.
14 June 2010California’s gay marriage trial to end soon 4 The judge presiding over California's trial on the legality of a gay marriage ban is expected to hear closing arguments this week.
14 June 2010HIV charities ‘very concerned’ by threat to local funding 11 HIV charities National AIDS Trust and Terrence Higgins Trust have warned that vital HIV services may be cut in the government's plans to save money.
14 June 2010US Marines charged with beating gay man who ‘winked’ at them + Two US Marines have been charged with misdemeanor battery after allegedly hitting a gay man they claimed winked at them.
14 June 2010Kelly and Sharon Osbourne shout down anti-gay protesters 13 Kelly and Sharon Osbourne joined Los Angeles Pride yesterday and took to their microphones to tell anti-gay protesters where to go.
14 June 2010Gay author Alan Bennett loses £1,500 to pickpockets 8 Alan Bennett was the target of pickpockets who stole £1,500 from him in an 'ice cream scam'.
15 June 2010Man accused of threatening Elton John has case dismissed 3 An anti-abortion campaigner arrested for making death threats to gay singer Elton John has had the case against him dismissed.
15 June 2010Freddie Ljungberg ‘proud’ of gay gossip 14 Swedish football star Freddie Ljungberg says he is "proud" of the rumours he is gay.
15 June 2010Trans and gay activists given honours 5 A couple who set up a trans charity after helping their trans daughter win a legal battle have been honoured by the Queen.
15 June 2010Coalition government urged to grant full marriage equality 54 The question of allowing gay people full marriage equality is the litmus test for the new government, gay rights activist Peter Tatchell has argued.
15 June 201042% rise in Irish HIV diagnoses among gay and bi men 14 The number of men who have sex with men being diagnosed with HIV in the last year in Ireland rose by 42 per cent, a report has said.
15 June 2010Stonewall partners with ‘polysexual’ festival Lovebox 5 Gay rights charity Stonewall has announced a partnership with Lovebox festival.
15 June 2010US committee says gay blood ban will stay in place 6 The US Food and Drug Administration has decided to retain current rules on gay and bisexual men donating blood.
Articles from June 2010
- Chief Rabbi Lord Sacks: I’ve not come out strongly against same-sex unions, but in Judaism we don’t do them’9
- US: Boy Scouts council to vote on lifting ban on gay members+
- US church: Equal marriage bill is to blame for violent Woolwich murder8
- US Boy Scouts President: Allowing gay boy scouts would be ‘the right decision’+
- Peter Tatchell: ‘I may disagree with David Cameron on austerity, but on equal marriage I salute him’5
- Ukraine: Gay pride rally cancelled by court for fear that it will spark violence+
- Cornwall: Tory deputy chair Sarah Newton defends abstaining in equal marriage Commons vote13
- Sir Gerald Howarth: ‘I should have used ‘militant’ rather than ‘aggressive’ to describe the ‘homosexuality community’37
- Lib Dem MP John Pugh criticised for voting against equal marriage bill — Simon Hughes and Tim Fallon abstained17
- Tory MP Sir Gerald Howarth defends ‘aggressive homosexual community’ equal marriage slur59
- US church blames Woolwich suspected terror killing on UK acceptance of gay people46
- Tory MP Sir Gerald Howarth defends 'aggressive homosexual community' equal marriage slur 59
- David Cameron called 'marriage wrecker' and warned of 'long battle' over equal marriage in House of Lords47
- Seven amusing and shocking things we learned during the equal marriage debate7
- Columnist Richard Godwin: Does Tory MP Sir Gerald Howarth 'dream that everyone in Soho wants to bum him?' 10
- Sir Gerald Howarth: 'I should have used 'militant' rather than 'aggressive' to describe the 'homosexuality community'37
- US church blames Oklahoma tornado on gay basketball player Jason Collins56
- US radio host: Employers should be allowed to discriminate against gays who 'display their lifestyle'46
- Lib Dem MP John Pugh criticised for voting against equal marriage bill -- Simon Hughes and Tim Fallon abstained17
- Canada lifts lifetime ban on gay men giving blood, but they can only donate if celibate for five years24
- London: Gay couple threatened with death in violent late night homophobic assault141
- Government considers watered down same-sex marriage bill to minimise Tory rebellion133
- Tory MP Gerald Howarth: 'There are plenty in the aggressive homosexual community who want more than just same-sex marriage'94
- France: Far right activist commits suicide in Notre Dame following legalisation of equal marriage93
- Philip Hammond: 'No great demand for gay marriage and it's upsetting vast numbers of people'73
- Government to consider abolishing civil partnerships or opening up to straight couples68
- Norman Tebbit: David Cameron has 'f**** things up' with his equal marriage bill66
- David Cameron: Gay teenagers will stand that bit taller following equal marriage vote62
- Tory MP Sir Gerald Howarth defends 'aggressive homosexual community' equal marriage slur59
- Lib Dem Deputy Leader Simon Hughes: 'Marriage should be between one man and one woman'58
Pink News on Twitter Follow @PinkNewsDownload our free app for iPhone + iPad Out4Marriage