Video: Ed Miliband announces that he’ll fight brother David Miliband for Labour leadership

1. musclelad23 15 May 2010, 4:44pm

Looks like Ed got the ugly genes in the family… poor sod.

2. Dave North 15 May 2010, 8:57pm

Who cares.

It’s their lot that got us into this mess.

3. I think david’s more well known and therefore if it were up to a public vote he’d more likely will. But I honestly dunno how strong ed’s support is behind the scenes in the party and he obviously thinks he has a good chance if he’s making this public so he must have his reasons. Either way I’d much rather have one of those two at the helm than any of the other labour lot, perhaps excluding alan johnson. This’ll be interesting anyways.

4. Why do people keep voting for the professional political types.

Politicians should be chosen temporarily for fixed terms
    as are those who appear in Juries.

End of story.

The millionaire idiots we keep voting for are those who keep us down and perpetuate the never ending greed of corporations and themselves at the expense of everyone else.

Neither of these idiot brothers have ever worked for a living.

5. theotherone 15 May 2010, 10:43pm

god help us the Leadership’s not meant to be a bloody comic act – the two millipedes and their amazing disappearing Labour Party.

Anyone read Jack Straw in the Times? Now he’d be a good Leader…

6. Mihangel apYrs 16 May 2010, 11:59am

Straw: a (nother) professional politician who ditched all his pronciples (if he ever had any) for position and power. Another authoritarian who took to illiberality like a duck to water

7. theotherone 16 May 2010, 7:20pm

I was being a little sarcastic Mihangel ;-)

My forecast is that Labour will have a Union Appointed Leader and disappear into the Political Wilderness for a few years waiting on a new generation coming through the ranks to give it a new direction.

8. Situations vacant
    Wanted: Party Leader. Due to unforeseen circumstances, a leading British political party is currently seeking a new leader. The applicant must be able to consistently present a confident and capable face of the party even though if it were a small dog, it would have been put to sleep six years ago.

We are seeking people that have been in insurmountable situations before, so we would like to meet former Captains of the Titanic, members of the Scott Antarctic expedition, survivors of disasters and horrendous life circumstances to come forward, as we consider that only the people with the thickest of skins will be capable of surviving this tenuous position. You will be assisted though, by numerous skivvies, asslickers and the occasional Lord in the continuance of this employment, and you can look forward to at least the next four years in relative obscurity before being beaten to a pulp in the next general election.

Dour, one-eyed Scotsmen need not apply.

9. silly billy 17 May 2010, 1:09am

“Dour, one-eyed Scotsmen need not apply”. That’s lovely, Robadickhead. What’s it like to be a racist, disablist imbecile?

10. theotherone 17 May 2010, 11:38am

not nice but then silly billy you’re a genderphobe – how does that feel?

Oh and what’s racist in saying Gordon Brown’s Scottish? I’m Scottish and I’m not guilt of internalised Racism for saying so.

11. silly billy 18 May 2010, 5:25am

Well, I’ve often been called “one of those”, but never before one of those. Gotta go and get some sleep. Certainly not worth losing any.

12. theotherone 18 May 2010, 11:28am

Yes billy, refuse to face up to what you said.

Idiot.

13. Ed Miliband is my idea of a perfect,honest,genuine leader.I have been a member of the labour party for 30 odd years and I have never wavered. My dad was a trade unionist and shop steward and though I have always been left wing,I have the same values as Ed. I too have my own mind being a Gemini. I wish Ed all the luck in the world