Gay Tory MP Nick Herbert appointed policing minister

1. John(Derbyshire) 13 May 2010, 4:53pm

Is he the guy who tells the police to concentrate their activities on cruising and cottaging sites?

2. No, I think he’s going to be the guy who tells the police to close down gay venues, isn’t he ? After all, he was photographed with his big buddy Philippa Stroud and he’s already scheduled to hop off to Poland to chummy up with the Tory party’s homophobic allies – I guess that closing some bars and saunas down will endear him to them really nicely.

3. theotherone 13 May 2010, 8:18pm

Oh fvck off you bunch of wank3rs!

Jesus! Yoiu’re so full of bitterness and hate you don’t have space left for a Matzo!

4. theotherone 13 May 2010, 8:25pm

He’s got a 100% voting record On queer Rights you vicious ar5eh0l3s.

Now p1ss of and try to do something constructive will you?

5. theotherone 13 May 2010, 8:28pm

oh and I hate to point out but I’ve had enough fights here with the majority of people on this site screaming about the evils of Cottaging and now, when you find it useful, you scream about something you all hate.

you really are nasty buggers arn’t you?

6. Patrick James 13 May 2010, 9:25pm

Gosh!

They found a job for Nick Herbert, the policing minister.

I was actually beginning to feel very slightly sorry for him, okay not a huge amount, but a bit.

Poor old Adam “rations” Duncan still seems to be out in the cold :(

So with Theresa May as Home Secretary and Equalities Minister if there is any problem with LGBT people no doubt Nick Herbert will be only too delighted to put ‘em all in jail.

7. Patrick James 13 May 2010, 9:28pm

DavidW writes:

Yes indeed he is :)

Maybe he’s going to Poland to get some tips on policing from the Law and Justice party?

8. Patrick James 13 May 2010, 9:32pm

theotherone writes:

He’s got a 100% voting record On queer Rights you vicious ar5eh0l3s.

I remember the days when we had a Home Secretary with 100% voting record on LGBT rights.

How things have changed…

9. theotherone 13 May 2010, 9:38pm

but a PM with a worse voting record than the leader of the opposition eh Patrick? and let us not forget an Education Secretary who wants teachers tell children about the evils of Homosexuality? Or what about the Equalities Minister who didn’t believe in Equality eh? All those fond memories Patrick.

You must remember them fondly as you drink back a glass of bile.

10. theotherone – I love your comments. Made my day…we certainly are a bunch of b*tchy queens, aren’t we?

11. theotherone, before you accuse everyone else of “being full of bitterness and hate”, maybe you should rein in a set of three posts in quick succession where you say the following: “Oh fvck off you bunch of wank3rs!” “Now p1ss of” and “you really are nasty buggers arn’t you”.

Seems to me that you have quite enough “bitterness and hate” of your own which you need to bring under control, many posters on here are angry with the Tories for their anti-gay track record and current appointments, but you and the other Tory Boys seem to reserve all your bile for the other posters on this site.

12. theotherone 14 May 2010, 12:17am

you (and I mean you personally) where accusing another Gay Man of being a Homophobic Bigot without proof.

If you want bitterness then look at your own comments.

13. theotherone 14 May 2010, 12:30am

indeed David if you want hate then try your comment here:

You seem more than happy to use Homophobia against the Lib/ Con Coalition. If that;s not hate I don’t know what is.

Oh and I’d correct you in your claim that I’m a Tory but what’s the point? You don’t listen you just spew forth little bundles of hate in the same way my cat does fur balls.

14. Up until this point in his career Nick Herbert has been a repellant Gay Uncle Tom.

He has no issue being seeing with lunatic bigots like Philippa Stroud.

Nor does he have any issue telling barefaced lies about how the Tories allies in Europe are neo-fascist bigots (before running over to Poland to ask them to tone down their neo-nazi rhetoric)

He is now the policing minister.

Didn’t a report last year show that homophobia is endemic in the police.

What are Nick Herbert’s views on addressing this.

Or will he continue to be a repellant ‘Gay Uncle Tom’ and pretend there is no problem.

15. theotherone 14 May 2010, 12:38pm

Simonm: he has a 100% voting record. Hardly an ‘Uncle Tom’ or are you an ‘Uncle Tom’ if you don’t love Labour?

16. There is going to be a lot of bitterness, hatred and bile from the “progressives” under this administration. Unfortunately under the previous regime they were completely brainwashed by the taxpayer funded Minister of Propaganda (sorry, I mean Without Portfolio) Mandelson who went on air and in print every day to say “Tories are nasty, Tories are nasty” instead of actually doing any work in the country. It seems to have stuck.

Boys, think for yourselves, stop taking your orders from Stonewall or Outrage and interpreting everything through this vile Tory prism. A minister is homophobic because he didn’t go to a Madonna concert, grow up. You are going to become very angry and bitter over the coming few years if you don’t.

And comparing a gay politician to an American slave – you guys really stoop to some disgusting metaphors sometimes

17. theotherone, you’re quick to accuse me of things which hold no water. First in post 12 you accuse me of “labelling somone else as a homophobic bigot with no proof” – but you fail to produce any evidence that I did any such thing, which undermines your case and reveals it to be no more than a smear.

Then you jump to the Miliband thread where you tried to start a ridiculous rumour of Labour defections to the ConDems (again you offered no proof of that), on the basis that I referred to both Clegg and Cameron being public schoolboys and them holding their joint press launch in the shrubbery behind 10 Downing St. An event which the national press referred to as a ‘love in’ or ‘civil partnership’, which didn’t provoke you to condemn them. So the only conclusion is that you’re desperate and will attempt anything to smear me, even when it shows you up as inconsistent.

And I call you a Tory Boy becuase you endlessly make excuses for and justify the Tories, I make no bones about being strongly behind Labour at this election, but you want to have your cake and eat it, by endlessly banging the Tory drum then pretending not to be one of their supporters. Won’t wash, can see right through that bit of nonsense.

If you can contribute anything factual to disprove the criticisms of Nick Herbert, then do so. If you think you can prove he didn’t pose for photos with Philippa Stroud, give the evidence. If you can show he isn’t scheduled to kow-tow to the Tories’ bigoted allies in Europe, then show us. If you can show that his Tory colleagues don’t in fact have a long and twisted track record of voting against measures that were pro-gay, then produce the goods. It’d be a nice change from the bile and smears.

18. theotherone 14 May 2010, 7:57pm

so Davidw you say you where quoting Homophobia in the press (can you provide a reference please?) and therefore did not yourself make a Homophobic statement. That, my friend, simply sounds silly.

I made reference to a rumour going the rounds about defections – may have been true, may not have been. I live round the corner from the Scottish Parliament and the headquarters of a major Scottish Newspaper and hear these rumours in the coffee shops and cafes. They may be true, they may not but it’s the buzz doing the rounds in the press and the Civil Service.

As to being uncritical of the Tories: I have criticised them no two threads here. Perhaps you (deliberately) missed that? I have also blogged about my disappointment regarding cuts in Higher Education. Hardly uncritical.

As to the, you claim, unfounded accusations was accusing you off I ask you to read your own posts:

‘No, I think he’s going to be the guy who tells the police to close down gay venues, isn’t he ? After all, he was photographed with his big buddy Philippa Stroud and he’s already scheduled to hop off to Poland to chummy up with the Tory party’s homophobic allies – I guess that closing some bars and saunas down will endear him to them really nicely.’

Now is that evidence or is that evidence?

19. Julian doesn’t understand metaphors plus no-one is under orders from stonewall or outrage

20. his appointment is meaningless as he doesn’t seem to be there to hold others to account for homophobia but he does aid the cover-up