Anti-gay activist George Rekers resigns over holiday with male prostitute

1. Well that’s put a spanner in the works. Woo-hoo!

2. ‘I’m not gay’ – yoohoo, I’m cured!
    You should all try it. Just say you’re not gay and you can go on sleeping with guys as a straight man :D

3. Mihangel apYrs 13 May 2010, 1:08pm

NARTH are busy air-brushing him out of their history.

PS
    he isn’t gay, he just has problems because he’s sexually attracted to men

4. Tony Konrath 13 May 2010, 2:40pm

Heads up here!

When papers report that “Mr. Rekers, professor emeritus of neuropsychiatry and behavioral science at the University of South Carolina, is known for his research on homosexuality…” you should translate that as

“Mr. Rekers, who is no longer employed as a professor of neuropsychiatry and behavioral science…”

5. Hodge Podge 13 May 2010, 2:41pm

It’s quite sad really.

6. Yep, I too have problems with same sex attraction, no matter how far I try to run from gay men, it’s like there’s a mysterious magnetic force in my trousers that keeps pulling them towards me, especially at airports, bars, saunas etc.
    It even seems to effect the internet sites I log on to, I think it’s the same magnetic force that’s corrupting my harddrive. But I’m straight dammit. Why doesn’t anyone belive me?

7. Funny, I’d have said hiring a male prostitute to go on holiday with you could easily fall into a category of “homosexual behaviour”!

8. Quacking like a duck.
    Waddling like a duck.
    Swimming like a duck.
    Begging bread and cake from passers-by like a duck.
    It could be that this catalogue of traits is not sufficient to predicate a particular type of aquatic fowl, but in almost all cases it cuts the mustard.
    What a sad clown.

9. He is praying away his homosexuality. Hey George, while you are at it, can you pray away 50 lbs of fat of me, make me 4 inches taller and give me a 12 inch dick.

Quacking like a duck.
    Waddling like a duck.
    Swimming like a duck.
    Yup, must be a platypus.

10. darkmoonman 13 May 2010, 5:43pm

As psychologists have said for years, the most persistent homophobes are just gay men in the closet.

11. In the closet?!Jeeze,sounds like he’s soooo far in the closet he’s in Narnia!Lions,and tigers,and bears,oh my!He’s not gay,so yeah,hire a bloke from a site named Rentboy.com,arf,arf! Even if he misunderstood and thought the site was ‘Rent-a-Boy.com’ it’d still sound mighty suspicious! He’s not gay,then I gotta 16 inch knob!

12. Somebody should copy that moustache and market it as a bung-hole bath brush!

13. I take comfort in the fact he will never be satisfied and his best days are behind him. dumb punk.

14. PS – from the description of what he and the twink did (and didn’t do), i0t sounds like he was engaging in some kind of pharisaical “if I don’t do THIS (i.e. penetration or ejaculation) then it’s not really gay sex” mind-game.

I’m 65; been out since I was nine (!); I really have some SMALL feelings of compassion for people like him and Haggard. To be THAT pfuqued up AND come out in their 50s and 60s respectively must be incredibly hard. Straights want nothing to do with you; gays will stop JUST short of violence because of your former anti-gay actions. Your age, shape and looks militate against finding a LTR. Oh well, I guess anything’s possible if you have faith in the Flying Spaghetti Monster .

Or make a Novena to St. Dorothy of the Red Shoes and ask HER to find you a husband!

15. Pumpkin Pie 13 May 2010, 9:30pm

This. Is. Delicious. ¦D

People like him deserve every ounce of misfortune that they bring on themselves. Every single one of these “ex-gay” militants is exactly like him. Most of their influential leaders end up caught in compromising positions sooner or later. I look forward to the day their foul little empire comes tumbling down. <3

16. George Reckers is COMPLETELY heterosexual (Godammit!!!!)

17. Mihangel apYrs 14 May 2010, 7:14am

if said before, one would need a heart of stone not to laufgh one’s tits off at this.

Just hope the working boy is looked after and protected

18. Angela – I’ve been waiting for Roy Zimmerman to do that song since the news broke! Thanks for the link…

19. @Paul – “He’s not gay,so yeah,hire a bloke from a site named Rentboy.com,arf,arf! Even if he misunderstood and thought the site was ‘Rent-a-Boy.com’ it’d still sound mighty suspicious! He’s not gay,then I gotta 16 inch knob!”

The “I’ve been living under a rock my entire life and had no idea what a rentboy was” defence was rather blown out [ouch!] of the water by Rekers’ career as an ex-gay therapist/ preacher. If he really didn’t have a clue what rentboys were, he wouldn’t have got far as a NARTH therapist.
    But let’s be fair and wait and see if it stands up in court [double ouch! The innuendos are coming thick and fast today!]

20. Erroll Clements 14 May 2010, 1:14pm

Not suprised he had to pay for a rent boy to accompany him, nobody would have gone willingly with him! Another one forced out the closet with their own stupid action, HU-L-L-O does he think we’re all stupid!

21. He went onto Rentboy.com because he was looking for rental accomodation! Can’t you people see, you cynics?

What a weird guy, why would you go on holiday with a rent boy if you were a high profile anti-gay campaigner? He was asking for it (and I suppose he got it – from Lucien)

22. Pumpkin Pie 14 May 2010, 8:58pm

George Reckers is COMPLETELY heterosexual (Godammit!!!!)

“Gays should not adopt a child…but renting one’s OK!”

I love that guy. His songs always make me laugh. :)