David Miliband declares intention to run for Labour leadership

1. Haha @ the picture you’ve chosen for the article.

Is it wrong to like somebody just because they’re an atheist? Anyway, I hope he is successful, and re-invents the Labour party into something far different from what Blair and Brown created.

2. Ed Balls was responsible for Amendment 70 which was intended to allow faith schools to teach sex education in accordance with their religious ethos.

3. John(Derbyshire) 12 May 2010, 5:57pm

Good luck David. The fight back begins NOW! (As far as I`m concerned)

4. theotherone 12 May 2010, 6:07pm

and (regarding amendment 70) Millipede sat in the Cabinet and said nothing.

10 years out of Government and time to rediscover who they are.

5. Thanks for accepting to run for leadership, David.

And all the best.

6. Paul Halsall 12 May 2010, 7:24pm

Cute boy!

7. BrazilBoysBlog 12 May 2010, 9:46pm

@4 Your give this current arrangement 10 years then? I don´t think so…

Maybe 10 months would be pushing it?

8. theotherone 12 May 2010, 10:22pm

We shall, as they say, see.

I think that there’s to much for the Lib Dems to gain from this to pull out.

Additionally there are growing rumours about defections from Labour to the Tory/ Lib Dem alliance.

9. If he’s got any sense he will learn from William Hague’s mistake and wait for an election or two before he stands for the Labour leadership.

He may become leader but he will lose the next election and have to resign.

Shame, as he would be the first hot prime minister, even if he is a new Liebour t*at.

10. So despite every Blair did, some of you are eagerly backing another Blairite as Labour leader?

11. I think there are more likely to be defections from the LibDems, but it’s a lovely fairy story to suggest that Labour MPs are queueing up to join the public schoolboy love-in currently taking place in the shrubbery behind no.10.

Who knew that being someone’s “fag” at public school could buy you a place in government 30 years later ?

12. theotherone 13 May 2010, 11:32pm

my god davidw: homophobia on a GAY news sight? You really are scraping the barrel.

13. The Grinch 14 May 2010, 7:44am

Maybe I should put down my G&T and read the article but I thought the Harry Potter saga had come to an end?

14. theotherone, you’re quite well-read enough to know that “fagging” or “being someone’s fag” at public schools has nothing to do with homosexual behaviour but is the accepted and established term for the practice of younger pupils acting as servants for older boys, and that both Cameron and Clegg are public schoolboys. Furthermore, just about every UK newspaper has reported the Clegg-Cameron joint press announcement, which took place in the shrubbery behind No.10 Downing Street as a “love in” or even “civil partnership” and I didn’t notice you posting a single word in condemnation of that.

Ergo, you’re trying to use this as an attack on me which you know holds no water, because you have no other grounds on which to attack me.