Anti-gay campaigner George Rekers took male prostitute on holiday

1. Well, sounds like another one in the long line of anti-gay Republican fundie lobbyists doing a “Haggard”…
    I fully empathise with guys who have difficulty coming out the closet unless they want to use their personal hangup as a stick to oppress other LGBT people.
    That’s where they cross the line into harmful hypocrisy and deserve any flack they subsequently get.

2. Mihangel apYrs 6 May 2010, 12:47pm

It appears from what I’ve read, that the working boy backed the story that “nothing happened”, and hasn’t (so far) given interviews, or sold his story.

It’s nice to see that at least one of the people concerned has integrity and principles.

3. bollocks

4. Whenever I go on a trip to Europe, leaving my loved ones to suck up the dust at home, I also go to rentboy.com. It’s the absolute best place on the web to hire a travel assistant cum baggage dealer cum pillow fluffer cum whatever or wherever I want. But no funny business. I mean, if you spent ten days in Europe with a prostitute with an eight incher, it would never occur to me to start any funny business. Don’t know why it would be different for Minister (& Professor Emeritus) Rekers.

5. … and he was helping with his scholarship (fun) fund!

6. Luggage Carrier Seeking World Tour 6 May 2010, 3:15pm

Hmm…I think that the guy (“sweet, nice, ass”, 8″ dick, “I’ll do anything you tell me to do”) was kind of over qualified for the job as luggage carrier for a 61-year-old, anti-gay baptist on an all-expenses-paid trip around Europe.

7. His excuses are laughable.

Rekers is apparently married with three children but yet he has been on a holiday with a whore who rents himself out on wehsbite?

Where was the wife? Why not one of the three children? Or a grandchild? Or some other member of the family. No. Rekkers takes along a prostitute . . . in order to try and save the boy’s soul!

Pull the other one!

(Am feeling quite sick about the election result I am likely to learn of first thing tomorrow morning.)

8. “He told the Miami New Times: “I had surgery, I can’t lift luggage. That’s why I hired him.”

I don’t see anything out of the ordinary with this
    When have you not needed a rent boy with a cute ass to carry your bags on holiday? ;]

9. Patrick James 6 May 2010, 4:17pm

Mihangel apYrs writes:

10. Patrick James 6 May 2010, 4:26pm

Eddy writes:

Well if the opinion polls are correct and there is either a hung parliament or a small Conservative majority then this will have been an absolute disaster for the Conservative party although they will hail it as a victory of course.

Even if the Conservatives have a small majority then it is likely they will be very weak and so it is only time before they collapse as a government.

I think that the most important thing after this election, no matter what the result, is to get a system of PR in place.

The public will be demanding a move to PR no matter what the result. If the Conservatives win with a significant majority the general public will realise that they are being denied the parliamentary reform which matters and this will put the Conservatives immediately into a difficult position.

11. another ranting homophobe
    rekers is sick scum and a homophobe

12. I’ve emailed two antigay groups asking them why their websites use George “who’s the Daddy” Rekers as an academic reference when he is clearly a liar.

13. #13 “….antigay groups…” What evil sad brutes humans have become. Is this better than 1984…..Perhaps George Orwell was on to something. It seems it’s now one or the other, and brute is batting for the other…

14. Deeside Will 6 May 2010, 6:14pm

#10 “I think the male prostitute has been given a very large amount of money to keep quiet.”

Well now he’s broken his silence. See here:

I wouldn’t normally rejoice at someone’s downfall, but I certainly do at the downfall of Rekers. He has done terrible things to young people in an attempt to “prevent” them from growing up gay. You can read about the “treatment” that he prescribed for a gender-nonconforming young boy in Chapter 4 of Simon Levay’s book “Queer Science”. The good news is that it failed to stop the lad from growing up gay; the bad news is that it did him enormous harm. Hopefully, Rekers’s career of inflicting psychological and emotional abuse on “pre-homosexual” children has now come to an end – and none too soon.

15. No surprises. These people must be DEEPLY screwed up. The trouble is they want to screw up lots of other people as well. What actually happens when they are on the job? Years ago a (not very well-balanced) friend of mine had an affair with a mad clergyman who yelled that homosexuality was a sin while f****ing him. I’ve a feeling such scenarios can’t be rare.

16. Maybe Philipa stroud will be the next ‘anti gay’ to be proven to be a complete waste of human life, like this guy.

17. What i can’t get my head around is that these scumbags are very well educated and professor of sorts, but beside the education – (and this is the evil part) they dedicate their lives distroying those of others because it reminds them of pieces of themselfs! Sure one still gets airport assistance if you have some sort of operation or is wheelchair bound??? I hope they hang him by the balls the pathetic hypocrite, spit..spit…and i shall never mention him again! Hooommmmmmmmmmm…..

18. The homophobes who shout the loudest always have the most to hide. It’s a self-hatred thing. I’d feel sorry for him having to bury his true self under all that if he hadn’t caused so much misery, so all I can really say is that he deserves it.

19. Actually there’s a whole series of these cases namechecked in this version of Roy Zimmerman’s standard song “[…] is completely heterosexual”. So maybe it’s just another name to tag onto the expanding list of fundamentalist hypocrites
    I think the most amusing irony for me (apart from the obvious) is if I needed a convincing backstory for a rentboy I’d hired from a gay escort agency, I wouldn’t choose a twink with the physique of a pencil and try to convince the folks back home I’d hired him for his stamina in dragging about heavy suitcases.
    I really don’t think he thought it through!

20. Mihangel apYrs 6 May 2010, 8:58pm

I’ve read elsewhere that our working boy is spilling it to the Miami Times. Not so professional, but there is mitigation: he’s setting the story straight.

And one would need a heart of stone not to laugh one’s tits off at this unfolding farce

21. @20 flapjack:

Clever boy…physique of a pencil indeed.

As for Zimmerman…great fun!

22. “I had surgery, I can’t lift luggage. That’s why I hired him.”

Oh, indeed, one normally goers to rentboy.com to get someone who carries your bags. And for sex, I presume you go to luggageporters.com?

Why does he add lying to his shame? Oh, yes, that’s right:- he’s a spineless cretin.