‘Gay’ dog barred from restaurant

1. The Grinch 26 Apr 2010, 3:24pm

Gay dogs are a menace in restaurants. They will throw you a side eye if your table cloths are polyester, hump your minimum wage Brazilian waiters, pee on your pavlova if it isn’t perky and fabulous, and have a nasty habit of swapping our your Thai Spring Roll for a pooh. That’s why we have doggy bags – to keep the nasty bitches at home..

2. Diversity training just got knocked up a level. Gay dogs.
    I can’t think of a more idiotic reason to get yourself fined 1,500$ at this point.

3. Those gay dogs are turning out to be such a problem…

4. Patrick James 26 Apr 2010, 3:50pm

Chris Grayling is no doubt onto this menace of gay dogs in restaurants.

5. It’s just like that episode of [i]South Park[i] where Stan finds out his dog is gay. All we need now is an Australian Big Gay Al.

6. It’s probably a good thing they didn’t get in. Had the Thai chef seen the dog, it would have probably ended up on the menu.

7. I personally don’t know the resturant owners’ true feelings but this dont seem to be a problem because they thought the dog is gay but because they heard “gay” as opposed to “guide” so not knowing it’s a guide dog, they wouldn’t of let the dog in either way.

This said, it does seem like strangely selective hearing.

8. People are idiots. Truly. Where do people come up with these thoughts. People never seem to amaze me at how low they can sink in mentality.

9. OK…not to stereotype, but it’s not like there aren’t any gays in the server industry. What does this staff member do regarding gay coworkers?

10. Let me see if I have this straight (pun intended!)….the dog is gay…but the owner is just Jolly?

11. I would be frightened to eat in a restaurant that is obviously run by complete idiots. I would be worried about ordering spotted dick.

12. An Cat Dubh 27 Apr 2010, 10:51am

I thought the Thai were supposed to be very liberal and whatnot…
    Felipe: Oh Kot no, imagine him speaking with both an Australian accent and a lisp… No-one would understand him!

13. More education is needed – that is four sure

14. Vincent Poffley 27 Apr 2010, 1:43pm

“ordinary pet dog which had been desexed to become a gay dog”? That’s a mightily offensive little sentence there. Being homosexual isn’t something that is “done” to anyone, human, canine or otherwise – and it certainly isn’t about “desexing”. Also, what is so extraordinary about it?

Whoever is responsible for this comment (the article doesn’t make it entirely clear whether these are the words of the restaurant owners themselves, their press people, or a reporter somewhere further down the chain) should be ashamed of themselves and make a full apology.

15. Is this a wind-up?

16. Keith Bradley-Wilson 27 Apr 2010, 4:23pm

ROFL?! I almost literally PMSL-ed!! :D

But then I got to thinking about how different things are in far-flung outposts of the commonwealth. In Australia, you get a dog barred for posibly being gay, and make out like a bandit with $1500; whilst here, you get barred from a B&B as a gay human, and get bugger all!

Perhaps next time I come across a homophobe I should just woof?!

17. Lucky lisp 27 Apr 2010, 5:37pm

Gay dog? Rosie O Donnell?

18. Well I doubt they misheard, sounds like a poor excuse & desperate play on words to me. They probably thought they’d get away with it & thought he wouldn’t take action, or maybe they thought he was unable to complain or remember the place he’d been to, being blind & all :/ Perhaps they just didn’t want to acknowledge an intelligent dog in their restaurant as something other than a meal served on a plate.