Anti-gay senator arrested after visiting gay club

1. ChutneyBear 8 Mar 2010, 3:11pm

What a <unt. At least he was caught in the act which just shows his hypocrisy

2. Mihangel apYrs 8 Mar 2010, 3:17pm

I don’t approve of outing someone just for the sake of it, but in the case of hypocritical cnuts like this they deserve everything they get.

3. Yet another closet-case being exposed as a hypocrite. I’m sure it won’t be long before the next case comes along.

4. Poor sad man. Doesn’t excuse all the hurt he’s caused, but I feel sorry he’ll never have a happy, out gay life.

5. No doubt this will be the evil homosexuals leading him astray because at his ripe old age he couldn’t possibly be responsible for his own actions.

Yet another hypocrite.

6. Mary Rillow 8 Mar 2010, 4:06pm

He will just have to go to a rehab for the alcoholism and then get reparation therapy for the gay mental disease and his conservative constituents will love him.

7. Hahahaha! Oh, I make no apology for Schadenfreude when it’s hypocrites like this getting caught out.

I only feel sorry for those people who’re honest about their sexuality whose lives have been adversely affected by this creep’s voting record.

8. Who was in the car with him?

I hope there is a sordid kiss and tell.

This evil scumbag deserves nothing less.

9. I’ve been out for nearly 35 years and I remember no time without these stories. So depressingly familiar.

10. Absolutely fabulous!

11. That karma is a real bitch
    which one of us is he going to claim “recruited” him?

12. haha what a nob!

13. Looks like a contender for an ‘Iris’ this year under the category of ‘Best Male Sexual Hypocrite’…;-)

14. Always the same – the biggest homophobes are the biggest hypocrites. They’re like children – “If I shout really loudly and really often about how much I hate gays, no-one will ever think I’M gay”.

15. The Grinch 8 Mar 2010, 5:47pm

If that’s his official Senate photo then it should have been Clue Number 1- that’s the smile I make when I’ve got something up my no-no hole…

16. Hypocrisy? More like hippo-crisy such is the amount. In other news is this the textbook definintion of protesting too much??

17. LOL! I love it! Just classic…. now, where’s that David Skinner reptile….?

18. I guess that would be my cue to ask Prof. Henry Adams for the half-time analysis!

19. I can understand people struggling with coming out. Struggling for a variety of reasons, and maybe failing, but I can not understand this sort of vicious hypocrisy.

20. So here we have evidence that the “good family men” who love Jesus and hate gays are doing it purely in order to conform . . . with all the other conformers.

If only they would all give up the act, en masse!

21. Jean-Paul Bentham 8 Mar 2010, 10:18pm

Too much!!! Talk about the proverbial finger in the jam jar.

This juggling act is no longer possible in public life of any kind.

I’m glad he was snagged; how could he have lived with himself…I’ll never know.

22. Hodge Podge 8 Mar 2010, 11:07pm

He’ll soon be seeking help for his ‘problems’, bless. It always happens the same way.

23. How do they manage to fall into these things? All these ultra straight people getting ‘caught’ doing the naughty?

24. All of you, guys, are hypocrites – for sure. Now, after legalization of your sexual predilictions, you are readily forgetting your daily hypocritcy of the past, and now you pretending be most honest people… What a shame!

None of you ever know what good deeds Roy Ashburn accomplished in California by his political activites without you homosexual politics. Being ignorant nasty and evil talkers, you, UK fools, do really deserve condemnation!

25. All of you, guys, are hypocrites – for sure. Now, after legalization of your sexual predilections, you are readily forgetting your daily hypocrisy of the past, and now you pretending to be most honest people… What a shame!

None of you ever know what good deeds Roy Ashburn accomplished in California by his political activities without you homosexual politics. Being ignorant nasty and evil talkers, you, U.K. fools, do really deserve condemnation!

I am wondering if such bastard hypocrites like you ever have had any courage to admit own faults and find any compassion for another human being, regardless sexual orientation, or just simple respect for his HUMAN RIGHT to keep his sexual preference in secret. I am sure: you don’t. That’s disgusting!

26. Obviously the man spent too much time trying to convert evil homosexuals to the righteous path and was turned by one of them It’s a risk many take. Well, not all is lost.
    There are a number of reputable psychiatrists around that can turn you straight. The combination therapy of electro-shock therapy, psychology and God will set you back on the right course.
    We will pray for you, Roy.

Hypocritical, piggy-eyed little scumbag.

27. Jean-Paul Bentham 9 Mar 2010, 3:28am

“The divorced senator, who has a history of opposing gay rights, had been at a gay bar called Faces and had a man in his car when he was stopped.”

This man has a history of opposing gay rights in California and Howard wants to know why we think he is a hypocrite. If you can’t figure it out, Howard….more’s the pity.

This man had tied himself into a knot. At least Jim McGreely didn’t oppose gay rights in New Jersey.

28. Howard…
    Find a cliff.
    Jump.
    K

29. Jean-Paul Bentham 9 Mar 2010, 6:32am

Roy Ashburn will most likely say that his votes reflected the will of those he represents.

But I wonder if those he represents will vote for him the next time around.

It’s difficult to imagine this man’s life. He may well write a best-seller!!

30. David in Indy 9 Mar 2010, 6:33am

That big old karmic wheel keeps on turning. And it looks like it just rolled right over his ass. What a hypocrite.

Asshole.

31. Howard – Sure none of us are perfect. I dare say we’ve said untrue things in the past, we’ve not always been saints.
    But if you stand on a platform of homophobia, legislating against our civil rights and are then caught with your pants down pulling at a gay bar, I think we’re entitled to gloat a bit.
    It’s straight from the Ted Haggard school of double-standards. But I guess you’d sooner we all kept a reverent silence and cut the guy the slack he never cut us.
    Well sorry, loving thine enemy might be your style but as William Burroughs put it “…it’s biological suicide”.
    Gays who would rather stay in the closet is one thing, I have no problem with them, but anti-gay hypocricy while homophobically legislating for the masses is fair game.
    Here’s why…

32. Re: flapjack — March 9, 2010 @ 8:56.

You said: “I dare say we’ve said untrue things in the past, we’ve not always been saints.”

Let me correct it: all of you said FALSE things in the past, and never been even near sainthood. Be honest to the end, please.

“Gays who would rather stay in the closet is one thing, I have no problem with them, but anti-gay hypocrisy while homophobically for the masses is fair game.”

Where did you, Mister, see any homophobia in Mr. Ashburn’ legislating conduct? There were none. He opposed Milk’s day in the State of California (only), and I do think he was absolutely right. I know that Harvey Milk was a state criminal how buys and used the forbidden drugs in the State of California. That’s alone clearly the basis for voting against proposition to make him revered in California by the State’s population. He (Milk) never deserved such honor.

I personally had known one person who was billion times more honest and contributed all his life for gay liberation in America, for all homosexual and bisexual people of it, by organizing in 1950 first gay organization in America, and under most dangerous conditions of governmental persecutions. That man was Harry Hay. He was the most phenomenal gay in the world and he indeed deserved to be remembered by the State of California as most remarkable gay person in that State.

As for expanding the California law to protect especially homosexuals, I think Senator Ashburn was absolutely correct when he voted against it. The existing laws were sufficient to protect homosexuals and any duplication was unnecessary. He did it right.

There was no homophobia in any political conduct of Senator Ashburn: gays who said that Senator Ashburn was homophobe – are wrong.

33. Howard: “Furthermore, I have to say that the same sex marriage is an absurd and many gays think the same way as I do. No wonder that very few gays wanted it. No wonder that Senator Ashburn didn’t voted for it. He did it right.”

Although i can agree in principle to some of what you have said, regarding the gay marriage issue, my question is the one so many ask: “What harm does it do?” – You may think it absurd, but in what possible way could it affect you and so many others? This has nothing to do with anybody else except LGBT people that want to be legally tied. It has many advantages, and zero disadvantages, apart from the fact it gets up the religious right’s noses, which is what I suspect you and others are *really* bothered about.

34. Re: RobN — March 9, 2010 @ 14:01.

Correct, no harm.