Homophobic Lithuanian law comes into power next week

1. Do they think they are an african or middle eastern state? They are a member of the EU and can not and should not be allowed to get away with this!!!!

2. Let us not forget that Lithuania is a primitive, backward country dominated by the evils of religion. Surely the European Court will take action against the primitives who promulgate such blatantly uncivilised legislation. However gay Lithuanians need to challenge the law in their own courts and failing any success there to go to the European Court.

3. i fu*king hate religion

4. It might also be pointed out about the article:

The comment page was blocked, I suspect because the court case is still underway, and *we musn’t discuss it*

The reason I bring this up is that the two men accused of the murder are Lithuanian and carried out the attack because he “didn’t like gays”.

I leave you to fill in the gaps.

5. John(Derbyshire) 26 Feb 2010, 8:09pm

Good point Rob!

6. Aussie Gay activist Paul Mitchell 26 Feb 2010, 9:11pm

Why did they pass this reduclious law anyway?????

It is just another “section 28″ and in 5 years time they will learn that this law is just plain silly and question why they passed it in the first place.

7. If you think that Lithuania will regret such a law in five years time, you have no idea how much of a homophobic country with which you are dealing.

8. Daniel Hewson 26 Feb 2010, 11:05pm

We should ban Lithuanians from coming here and spreading their Homophobia.

9. Locus Solus 26 Feb 2010, 11:54pm

I agree with the last post, yes we should ban Lithuanians from comming to the civilised part of Europe. I don’t consider them to be European at all. We are talking about a country ranked 80th in GDP Just above Ethiopia! And they should be allowed IN to Eruope WHY? because we need more builders?

10. The paranormal? Bad eating habits? They’re afraid of anything that is even perceived to possibly threaten cultural dogma, no matter how slight? That reads almost as if The Onion wrote it. I can’t believe they’re serious, though it’s scary that they are. They must be learning too much from Belarus.

11. BrazilBoysBlog 27 Feb 2010, 1:36pm

I agree that this country should not be in the EU, but given that it already IS, then it will find there is a price to pay… If you wanna be in the big-boys club, then you gotta play by the big boys rules!

Once these stupid backward religious-based laws have been challenged in their own country, they will simply be struck down by the EU courts anyway. I have to say that I agree with everyone´s comments above. If these people really want to be so backward, then they should not be in the EU anyway. Again, it their expulsion would hit them harder that it would hit us, I´m sure.

I find myslef saying this again and again, but whatever the issue, where homophobia is involved, there is usually the ugly spectre of religion lurking in the shadows… It has either directly promoted homophobia, or it is directly responsible for starting it..

Religious whack-jobs are our number one enemy today, let us never lose sight of that.

12. BrazilBoysBlog 27 Feb 2010, 1:40pm

´Paranormal? Bad eating habits? Oh dear… These whackos really have got it bad haven´t they?

Looks like a trip to this glorious tourist destination is out of the window for me then now.. :-(

I LIVE on fried food, and frequently encounter things that put the willies up me! :-)

13. So while Britain is told by the European court that we have to house and pay benefits to a woman who has no ties with the UK apart from her children going to school here, never having paid into the system, opening the floodgates for all, this homophobic clap trap is allowed? No doubt these matters are for the ‘individual governments’.

I said it before and I’ll say it again, it’s time we pulled out of Europe and went back to the trade on what we originally agreed. Failing that a complete pull-out.

14. So lets hear it from the ever so pro-equality David Cameron. What do you say David, why aren’t you taking a stand against this? Prove to us you are better than Labour! Lets hear your support for full marriage equality if you’re so sincere and allegedly your party.

15. Hey guys- I think we found out where Big Brother migrated to!

16. BrazilBoysBlog 27 Feb 2010, 5:26pm

@13 Squidgy… What total, complete and utter bollo-ks!

Have you any idea that it is only the EU that is curbing such excesses? … (as Lithuania will soon find out once this new law is tested) Who do you think is forcing our current (stupid) government to follow equal employment regulations? Who do you think will be the legislative safety net against us losing any hard fought equal rights legislation? The house of Lords?

We are NOT pulling out of the EU, either partially or completely. Get over it.

You clearly have NO idea of the stupidity of your ´Little Britain´ mentality and comments. Have you ANY idea what pulling out of the EU would do for our trade? (apart from putting our equal rights legislation completely in the hands of a stupid British government?)

“Went back to the trade on which we originally agreed” Oh, so ANY group, collective, etc etc simply stays as it is? It never moves forward or changes? And what sort of trade deals do you think we will get OUTSIDE of EU membership? We are NOT the bees knees of the world anymore, we are NOT the world superpower we were years ago. We now NEED to join together to prosper and advance.

We NEED the EU. We are IN the EU.
    Again, get over it.

17. Aussie Gay activist Paul Mitchell 27 Feb 2010, 5:49pm

Bigots should look at themselves in the mirror if they can afford one in the GFC – because it is them with a mental illness (as bigoted freaks wasting lawmakers time passing pointless unworkable laws) and not us homosexuals!!!!!!

18. BrazilBoysBlog: “We NEED the EU. We are IN the EU.”

We sure as hell are NOT in the EU fully, and we most certainly DO NOT need them at the tune of £4m a DAY. This country has spent last 1200 years on it’s own two feet and we don’t need a bunch of unelected bureaucrats in another country telling us what to do.

This bastard government has tried to wheedle us into the EU through the back door via the Lisbon treaty after assuring us we would have a referendum first, but myself and many others refuse to be part of some conglomerate force just so other countries can feather their nests and we have to subsidise collapsing economies like Greece and Portugal.

A recent poll examined the best and worst standards of living in every country in the world. Number one was a European country with low taxes, high employment, low immigration and an excellent balance of payments. Norway. And guess which country has consistently democratically refused to be part of the EU?

So don’t give me all that crap. We DO NOT need Europe, and we are getting OUT of Europe!

YOU get over it.

19. BrazilBoysBlog 28 Feb 2010, 8:54am

@RobN 18.

We sure as hell are in the EU…(fully. If you mean we do not have the Euro, then you are correct, but we are full members.

“We DO NOT need Europe, and we are getting OUT of Europe! YOU get over it. ”

I´m so sorry, I must have been asleep when it was on… Did I miss some news headline? And when exactly are we ´getting out´ of Europe? and who has promised to do this? UKIP? and which opinion poll are UKIP leading in at the moment? Or is it the Tories latest election promise to remove us from Europe? Again, I must have missed that one.

For the rest of us, please don´t make your own news and headlines dear…

20. Both Norway and Switzerland are not members of the EU, only on the trade deal that was the original purpose to what we signed up for. Norway withdrew. Both have done very well for not being in the EU. It is well documented that taxes in the UK would be a lot lower because we wouldn’t be paying so much to Brussel etc.

We need to pull away from the EU, which is becoming more socialist by the day.

A pull away from the EU would be great for Britain and most people I know fully support that view.

21. BrazilBoysBlog: Squidgy is totally correct in stating that if there was a public referendum tomorrow on Europe, we would be out without a shadow of a doubt. That is why Labour quietly backed down from their manifesto promise to get the public’s opinion.

The British public have been CONNED into this state of affairs, and it’s about time it was corrected. The Common Market and free trade agreement is one thing, but the amount of control, fiscal management and general interference from Brussels is totally unacceptable, and the money it costs this country is downright obscene.

22. Without Europe it seems very unlikely that there would have been any rights or equality for gay people.

23. BrazilBoysBlog 28 Feb 2010, 2:08pm

@RobN. I appreciate your points and they may well be true.

But, you can only speak as you find, as with most things. Our membership of the EU allowed me to travel, live and work in various countries throughout the EU with no problems or the usual crazy visa restrictions.. Also, whilst working in various countries that share the common currency, the euro, it was much easier not having to put up with the bullsh-t rip-off currency exchange rates charged by the banks/others.

Also, whilst I appreciate the points you make about loss of national control and sovereignty, what is to stop a government (like Lithuania) bringing in draconian laws like they have just done? What is to stop a future British government deciding that instead of moving forward with full legal equality for lesbian and gay people, that there should in fact be a reversal, removing a lot of the safeguards we currently have?

I realise that you put gay equal rights pretty far down on your list of priorities, but as a personal matter of pride, I could not (for example), vote for a political party that did not respect me as a person and for who I am…. Even if I agreed with EVERYTHING else on their manifesto. I would say that just by taking into account my personal views on a lot of things, I would be a natural Tory. However, I will take some convincing that they respect who I am now.

Again, I would respectfully ask which political party (who have at least a fighting chance of being elected) are proposing to take us completely out of the EU?

Of course, having fulfilled all of the crazy requirements for permanent residency, I now live in Brazil, but it would be nice to know for when I occasionally visit Blighty! :-)

24. BrazilBoysBlog: The latest polls seem to show six of one and half a dozen of the other. The only anti-european party with any clout is UKIP, which stands at a rather pathetic 4%.

As for free travel in Europe, we have had that since at least the mid ’70s, and possibly much longer. Do you seriously think the Swiss or Norwegians have any problems? They can even claim benefits in EU countries. Just because we are not part of the system does not mean that we can’t work with them. I just think we do not need this massive albatross round our necks, particularly in the middle of a recession, and once we sign up, apparently it is an irreversible process.

I don’t think any party is foolish enough to ignore minorities, but as you said, gay rights are waaay down my list. I think the selfish queens on here just go on with their blinkered attitudes and me, me, me. There are SO many more important issues, that affect so many more people that need to be tackled immediately before our petty little squabbles can be addressed. That isn’t homophobia, it’s simple a matter of priorities, and anyway, LGBT people will always have something to moan about, they wouldn’t be gay if they didn’t feel persecuted or treated as inferior in some way or other.

25. Oh, yes, pulling out of the EU will really solve all of your problems. Possibly in just one week, right? So while the world speeds toward political integration, you will be left alone with your “special relationship” with the USA. What that means, only the politicians in Britain seem to know. Well, I get embarrassed along with the Americans whenever this erotic statement is brought up. And I’m not anti-Btitish, I’m just critical of all deluded people equally.

I can’t believe anyone falls for Farage’s fairy tales. I could never trust a man who gets 7k € a month just for insulting other people and leading what is popularly called “the British nursery” in the EP. But that’s just me. Former socialism obviously muddled my image of a productive work.

And I also seem to recall something called solidarity. Why run away from problems? Why not offer some brotherly help to the Lithuanians instead? There are some MEPs who work really hard for the rights of lgbt people. Maybe I’ve watched too many EP sessions and have been charmed by the passion of Michael Cashman and some of his Nordic colleagues in regard to the lgbt rights, but I honestly think the likes of him can exert a lot of pressure on member states and candidate countries.

I’m afraid the secessionist, reformist and nationalist parties just aren’t interested in these issues.

26. If ever there was a reason to stay in the EU, its because RobN and his latest sidekick Squidgy want us to leave it!!! When a angry, ill-bred iratioanl racist like RobN says something, its usually the opposite that lends to human rights, decency, and common sense.

Long live the EU, then.

27. BrazilBoysBlog 28 Feb 2010, 7:19pm

Yes, that is exactly what I think. I did not mention just travel. I mentioned ´living and working´ very different subjects with regard to being abroad. It is incredible to be able to go to any EU country, live and work there as if you were one of their nationals, believe me. Of course, this is of no interest if you have no wish to do so, but many many Brits have and are doing so.

That´s funny because that would be MY argument, but only in reverse! As I previously stated, if it were a simple case of me me me, I would be a natural Tory because probably 90% of their manifesto and beliefs are my beliefs. On purely economic matters, the Tory party is much closer to my own thinking and views… BUT, I like to think of a little more than just me, me, me. I like to try and think a little more about others than just lining my OWN pockets with a ´fu-k everyone else´ attitude (which was best exemplified during the Thatcher years… Remember the ´Loads a money´ character and the yuppies?….. Born during the Thatcher period. I prefer to think about others and their problems also. And as I said before, I can not and will never vote for a party whose vast majority HATE my whole being, my very existence.

Seriously, that has to be one of the worst comments you could have made. I suppose that anti gay violence is all imagined? Something dreamed-up by the ´queen team complaints department´??

I suppose the young gay teenagers struggling to get through each day at school, trying desperately to feel some kind of self-worth, frequently driven to try suicide or self-harm, are far less important than how much our next new car will be? or how much our house is worth? Discrimination at your place of work, not because you aren´t fu-king good at your job, but simply because your boss is a homophobic bigot?

I´m afraid that I put all those things way way up MY list of priorities and always will.

The ONE good thing that Thatcher did for ME was to show me the ugly side of the me, me, me, society. She single handed changed my life (and political persuasions), made me think about others instead of just ME.

Does it cost us more to think of others? Damn right it does. Is it a price I want to pay? Damn right it is!

28. “So, it as as I thought. We (the UK) will not be leaving the EU anytime soon then?”

What’s with the “We”? You’re halfway across the f_cking world in Brazil, so why should you care?

“It is incredible to be able to go to any EU country, live and work there as if you were one of their nationals, believe me. Of course, this is of no interest if you have no wish to do so, but many many Brits have and are doing so.”

Yes, but unfortunately, it works both ways, and the economically less fortunate have been coming here in their droves. I don’t see an awful lot of French or German plumbers in my neck of the woods.

There goes that persecution complex again

Classic example, a gay “acquaintance” of mine is all over Facebook and MSN claiming his house has burnt down, and he was now homeless and asking for financial assistance.

Obviously everyone flocks to his cause, and the LGBT “community” are pointing fingers at homophobic attacks etc.

It turns out the reality is somewhat different, and some drunk had made a fire in my pal’s porch and it had set fire to the front door and scorched it. The Fire Brigade wouldn’t let him in for the rest of the day because of smoke.

Now you tell me who is the selfish drama queen.
    This is not an isolated incident, and I see and hear all this crap all the time. I would never deny there is true homophobia out there, but a lot of this stuff you really have to temper with a ton of salt.

29. Girls from Lithuania 28 Feb 2010, 11:44pm

Well, I might agree with you about banning out from UK or EU some ‘builders mentality’ type lithuanians, simply because most of them are from countryside and are homophobic, or sorry, propagating ”family values”. However, please don’t forget about gay people from Lithuania and their chances for normal life being out of EU. Just as we’re using EU help for other sectors of economy, your gay brothers and sisters in Lithuania need your support in this tough battle. Sometimes it’s enough to know you’re not alone, well now we need a little bit more…I hope these religious bastards will pay for these laws in courts!

30. BrazilBoysBlog 28 Feb 2010, 11:58pm

@ RobN 28. Your questions already asked and answered. Why the hell should I care? Perhaps you needing to ask that question illustrates my point.

Because I´m still British, because I still care about others, because although (yes, I´m okay), I still think about those who aren´t. Yes I am comfortably shielded from anything UK-wise, it would not actually effect me one jot if the UK made homosexuality illegal tomorrow, and voted that anyone who is gay faced execution… As you say… Yes, I´m in Brazil now. Does that mean I still cannot be concerned or have a view about my own country and it´s population? (or indeed any country and it´s population?)

If I go back through the comments section of this site, will I never find YOU have commented on events in other countries? (although as you said, ´why the hell should YOU care?´) Pretty lame thing to throw at someone that one… Short answer: Because I DO.

AND… My web hosting company still has many business customers located both in Britain and the rest of the EU, so I watch Britain and the EU with a keen interest.

31. BrazilBoysBlog 1 Mar 2010, 12:07am

@ Girls from Lithuania.. Sorry, RobN does not HAVE any ´gay brothers and sisters´, as long as number one is okay, then all is right with the world…

32. BrazilBoysBlog 1 Mar 2010, 12:11am

@ RobN. In fact, sorry, please forgive me. I should have asked… This whole comment thread is actually about new homophobic legislation being introduced in Lithuania. I assume you do not live in Lithuania? So why the hell should you care? or comment?

33. “And as I said before, I can not and will never vote for a party whose vast majority HATE my whole being, my very existence.”

BrazilBoysBlog, RobN doesn’t need to vote for a party to do that, when its more than apparent he’s capable of doing that all on his own.

You’re wasting your breath on RobN, BrazilBoysBlog, he’s incapable of learning anything beyond his silly ideas:- has a disturbing limited and warped grasp of economics, history and politics. Eventually, when you prove him wrong, all you’ll be able to illicit from this racist is a string of insults unfortunately. Rob likes to use derogatory terms like “paki” or “wog” and wonder why some people don’t have a sense of humour, or that all homosexuals are mentally dysfunctional moaners (all but him, of course, he’s apparently “not like the rest of us” – and thank god too)…. really, ask yourself, is this self-loathing disgrace to humanity of any consequence to the real world? He likes to doctor photo’s of himself to look like a vampire and describes himself as “not always the easiest of people to get on with, but getting to know me will reap benefits” (I jest not). This screams to me of someone who is still mentally the age of a 14 year old.

34. “Girls from Lithuania.. Sorry, RobN does not HAVE any ´gay brothers and sisters´, as long as number one is okay, then all is right with the world… ”

Correct. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: The “Gay Community” is a myth. The fact that a bunch of self-centered tossers all happen to be going in the same direction does *not* make them a community.

Spot on again. I don’t really give a toss about Lithuania. However, I do get concerned when their Neanderthal citizens are allowed free rein to walk into Britain and then complain about our laws on homosexuality.

35. And Will still continues to slag me off using what little he can dredge up on me on the net, intermixed with complete lies (I do NOT call people Pakis or Wogs) – in the vain hope that putting people off me will consequently put them off my argument. If this Ad Hominem crap is the best you can come up with, Will, you should just go back to your sad little office existence and pick on all your underlings from behind your desk. David Brent has nothing on you.

36. Tut, tut, tut. Such a spew of vitriol and bile. More teenage problems, Rob?

And why do you continue to lie, like we’ve all the memory capacity of dead goldfish? Only a few days ago, you mentioned on THIS very site, that people from Pakistan should get a sense of humour, and that it was okay to call them “Paki’s”, did you not? Oh, sorry, that’s not racist, silly me. And to say that all LGBT people are “selfish queens [who] just go on with their blinkered attitudes” (said just above) is another of your sweeping and idiot generalisations. Oh, silly me, you’re generalisations are borne out of erudite studies and scientific methodologies, aren’t they?

But please, tell me exactly WHERE I went wrong here? The description of you you advertise on line, or the stupid “look at me the vampire” photo you have up on the same site?

It’s not “ad hominem crap” if its true, Rob. And it’s also not “ad hominem crap” if its relevant…. you are a PROVEN racist bigot and a hypocrite, with f***-all respect for other people, nationalities, or your fellow human beings. This is all relevant, as it shows what non-intellectual garbage your silly insults are. But do I really need to spell this out? Probably not, as most people in here have seen your racist crap before…. racism is, after all, the recourse of a dull and ignorant mind.

And the David Brent comment, from you, I’ll take as a complement… as I do all complements from a second rate web developer with delusions of being a vampire. Yeah, HOW silly of me not to take YOU seriously….!!!

37. as I do all complements from a second rate web developer with delusions of being a vampire. Yeah, HOW silly of me not to take YOU seriously…!!!

Im not sure where youre getting this from Will. How could you possibly know a persons name and web page from their handle name in here? Your statement sounds a little suspect Will, dont you agree?

38. Tony, Rob has revealed his name here before, no secret that, and hocked his “skills” for all to see. As for the rest, including the puerile “look at me the scary vampire” nonsense, I am not asking you to take my work on that: type in Rob Neal on vimeo.com

Besides Tony, would a balanced, well rounded, and stable gay man call the ENTIRE world’s gay population a “bunch of self-centered tossers” as he did above in comment #34? To me, this is the behaviour of someone with a psychosis, or at least some developmental retardation.

As for the racist stuff, he utters that bile on a daily basis. Just stick around for a few days, I’m sure he’ll make an embarrassing disparaging remark against some country that’s trying to take over his little quarter of the world with their vile customs and offensive nationality. He usually can’t help himself. As I said, don’t take my word on it, see it for yourself. Better yet, tell him you’re some nationality other then “400-year-pure-bred-English”, and see what you get…. its quite the eye-opener.

39. I am not asking you to take my work on that: type in Rob Neal on vimeo

Will, I checked out your suggested site. Apologies for insinuating that your comments were suspect theyre actually quite accurate.

And yes I have seen his comments before, including a particularly tasteless attack on someone for being Scottish which went along the lines that they should remember they were taken over by ‘his’ England. A unique take on history I agree. I’m from Aylesbury, but my mother is from Wales – perhaps that will warrant being told I’m a blowin.

p.s. what’s with that vampire/demon photo anyway?!?!?!?!

40. Will: Let’s get this in context: Someone had complained about being called a “homo”, and I stated it was simply a foreshortening of the word “Homosexual” – so somehow by removing some of the letters turned a scientific term into a homophobic insult, and by way of analogy said the same about “Pakistani” being shortened to “Paki”.

And frankly, what the hell’s a few test videos got to do with my opinions on being patriotic?

41. “By your double standards then, I assume everyone who calls me a “Brit” is also racist?”

God god, you miss the point, as usual!!!! Are you REALLY that stupid? If a nationalist from Northern Ireland used the term “Brit”, it certainly would be in CONTEXT of a racial slur. Do you understand context? The word “homo” or “Paki” are RARELY used as terms of endearment, and are normally used in context as a derogatory term or a pejorative.

If you can’t understand that, you never will, and would explain why anyone who tries to challenge your racist nonsense is called some “leftie marxist” or some other idiotic term. “Patriotic” is not the correct term to use when one is prone to making stupid unfounded and UNPROVEN generalisations to back up a standpoint of bigotry.

Of course, this will be wasted on you…. it always is. Your uncontrolled anger at just about everything is a sign of something less then right in your mind. That coupled with your lack of understanding of basic social concepts and human decency, a delusional view of yourself, and a disturbing hate for those of your own sexuality, only adds proof to fact you are obviously a severely dysfunctional person. A “few test videos” when one portrays oneself as a fictitious vampire is, quite frankly, a give-away of how you like to see yourself….. angst ridden teenage boys have similar issues, but most people grow up.

Have I missed anything here? Honestly, you a parody of a human. And I’d pity you if I though you even deserved pity.

42. Will, you really are a f_ckwit of the first order. That was my entire point. The difference between “Pakistani” and Paki” and “British” and “Brit” is the first four letters. ie. IDENTICAL!!! – So why is one supposedly acceptable, and one not? I would say it is because of PC twats like you that make such a big deal about a few words. If you shrugged them off like I do, they would be meaningless, and the words would have no power to hurt anyone. Instead, you continue to foam at the mouth in self-righteous apoplexy because someone said “a bad word”. It is people like YOU that continue to give these words power by your incessant whinging and accusations of racism.

I happen to do a lot of work in visual effects. I don’t have models to turn to all the time, so I used myself as a subject. Simple as that really. It’s interesting you don’t happen to point out anything about the other 30+ animations that don’t feature me. You and your kind love to pick out selective little nuggets that will assist your badmouthing me, but intentionally fail to show anything else in case people realise I might actually have a point.

You really are a poisonous little turd, and if you think by slandering me with false accusations will somehow endear you the the rest of the people on here in a puerile attempt to get your voice heard, then you are very wrong. I have never seen you actually make a statement on here without some veiled insult to others, which even by my posts, you managed to beat by a long chalk.

Now, unlike you, I have a business to run, so I won’t be responding to any more to your barbed comments, I have enough to deal with vicious, spiteful little queens with nothing better to do in real life without having to defend myself to insignificant little dicksplashes such as yourself. Have a nice day.

43. “So why is one supposedly acceptable, and one not?”

And you are an illiterate fool. I explained this to you. I am not responsible for your lack of education.

“It is people like YOU that continue to give these words power”

Actually, its racist scum like you that do this.

“You really are a poisonous little turd”

Again, when a racist little troll like you says this, I know I’m on the right track, cheers. I don’t really listen to the insults of odious little bigots like you.

“Now, unlike you, I have a business to run”

LOL! Yeah, right. Be sure to “sell” that one of you as a vampire. Very popular among teenage rejects.

What a fool you are. A foolish, angry little bigot. A real triumph of bad upbringing and second rate education.

44. “intentionally fail to show anything else in case people realise I might actually have a point.”

Oh, and one more thing, I am man enough to recognise if you have a valid point. Unfortunately, you rarely give me that opportunity, as you’re too busy ranting about English “purity” and like some demented Hitler Youth.

45. Jean-Paul Bentham 2 Mar 2010, 5:18am

This Lithuanian Law came into effect today.

46. “This Lithuanian Law came into effect today.”

You’re right JP, this is more important, and the actual reason for this thread! That muppet constantly detracts from the issues at hand with his puerile insults and racist comments.