Beverly Hills denounces anti-gay beauty queen

1. Mumbo Jumbo 25 Feb 2010, 11:49am

She bears false witness.

Burn her! Burn her!

2. A fundamentalist Christian caught lying?! surely not!!!

3. Good for Beverley Hills. She is obviously a lying nutcase who only helps us inspite of herself.

4. Gotta love the fruit loops! :-)

5. One commandment down, Ms Ashley! Only 9 to go! :D

6. Bet the Church martyrs will have a field day with this one.

7. the.kitty.channel 25 Feb 2010, 12:30pm

I don’t totally agree with the “who cares? she’s only an airhead beauty queen (or aspiring BQ)” argument, because I think it does matter what *anyone* says in public about gay people.

The other reason why I care is that it’s an enigma to me how these young people manage to come out with such tripe, and how their minders don’t rehearse them exhaustively about what not to say.

8. Sorry, Miss Ashley, but gay people that you have seen in zoos and even occasionally out in the wild =/= friends. Props to Beverly Hills!

9. go find your brian love or increase your medication

Gav

10. so she’s homophobic and a liar too? Beauty Queen? I think NOT! yes, according to her version of the bible she should be stoned to death by a mob…any takers(!)

11. Omar Kuddus 25 Feb 2010, 2:20pm

“The Bible says that marriage is between a man and a woman. In Leviticus it says, ‘If man lies with mankind as he would lie with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death and their blood shall be upon them.’ The Bible is pretty black and white,” according to Ashley .

So is not telling the truth.

“I feel like God himself created mankind and he loves everyone, and he has the best for everyone. If he says that having sex with someone of your same gender is going to bring death upon you, that’s a pretty stern warning, and he knows more than we do about life.”

And again one hould not tell lies.

Ashley, who says, “There’s no hate between me and anyone” doesn’t explain whether this “bringing of death upon you” also applies to her “lot of friends that are gay”, or only to those who want to get married.
    Somehow I just don’t think she’s ever really thought about what it would mean to live according to Leviticus or just being the airhead dumb phobic bimbo that she is.

I’m sure that this poor foolish girl is all delighted that she’s found an issue that will give her an additional minute and a half of fame.
    But sadly for Lauren, she does not yet know the cost of selling your soul to a campaign of discrimination. And she doesn’t realize that she doesn’t quite have what it takes to headline a Family Values dinner. No one is impressed that you’re a champion of virginity when, well, they can’t fantasize about taking it from you.
    Or that you are a liar and only hold values that dont effect you, personally

12. Little Miss Liar eh? Let’s all have a ceremonial nailing her to the cross…its what God would want isn’t it?

13. One of the first rules of journalism is to ask

‘how do I know this isn true?’

How did she get on Fox News in the first place, if her claim to be a beauty queen contestant was made up in the first place?

14. Mumbo Jumbo 25 Feb 2010, 2:53pm

Liar, liar, implants on fire!

15. Well the Bible does codemn homosexual relations, which is just another reason one could laugh at it as a collection of Bronze Age, throwback, nutbag authors.

Who honestly takes the Bible as being seriously valid in 2010? Morons…

16. I imagine the Religious Right in America will still say this was all a conspiracy and that she was turfed out because of her beliefs, and she totes is the real Miss Beverly Hills, and Miss California, and Miss America too! Well, maybe. But the main thing is, it is literally a conspiracy to destroy conservative Christian values and America as a whole. Literally a conspiracy.

17. Pumpkin Pie 25 Feb 2010, 5:59pm

Wow. You know you’ve failed when a whole city rejects you. :)

18. no 15 – “Who honestly takes the Bible as being seriously valid in 2010″
    unfortunately about 90% of the worlds leaders, and BONO from U2.

this story is just more proof my simple scientific equation is true and valid….

human being + christianity/islam = retard

19. Carl Rowlands 25 Feb 2010, 7:22pm

An engineering professor is treating her husband, a loan officer, to dinner for finally giving in to her pleas to shave off the scraggly beard he grew on vacation. His favourite restaurant is a casual place where they both feel comfortable in slacks and cotton/polyester-blend golf shirts. But, as always, she wears the gold and pearl pendant he gave her the day her divorce decree was final. They’re laughing over their menus because they know he always ends up diving into a giant plate of ribs but she won’t be talked into anything more fattening than shrimp.

Quiz: How many biblical prohibitions are they violating?

20. Carl Rowlands 25 Feb 2010, 7:25pm

ANSWERS
    Well, wives are supposed to be ‘submissive’ to their husbands (I Peter 3:1). And all women are forbidden to teach men (I Timothy 2:12), wear gold or pearls (I Timothy 2:9) or dress in clothing that ‘pertains to a man’ (Deuteronomy 22:5). Shellfish and pork are definitely out (Leviticus 11:7, 10) as are usury (Deuteronomy 23:19), shaving (Leviticus 19:27) and clothes of more than one fabric (Leviticus 19:19). And since the Bible rarely recognizes divorce, they’re committing adultery, which carries the rather harsh penalty of death by stoning (Deuteronomy 22:22).

So why are they having such a good time? Probably because they wouldn’t think of worrying about rules that seem absurd, anachronistic or – at best – unrealistic. Yet this same modern-day couple could easily be among the millions of people who never hesitate to lean on the Bible to justify their own anti-gay attitudes.

21. BrazilBoysBlog 25 Feb 2010, 10:46pm

@ Carl Rowlands. Yes and these same people would denounce the findings of your post.. ´Not relevant, the bible (and it´s teachings) need to be interpreted´.. PRECISELY dears….

This is an evil book and people choose what they want from it, whilst ignoring the rest.. They ignore all of the points made by Carl above, yet use it to beat US with.. They use it to legitimize homophobia, anti gay violence and even murder. It´s evil..

BURN IT!

22. So Ms Ashley is a fraudulent beauty queen!

This story just gets better and better ;)

23. You know I’m a Christian and a lesbian.
    I follow the Bible in my own way, I think it has its downfalls and inaccuracies but it is still a symbol of my faith and my way of life. Equally, I am eager to stand up for other gay people and promote love and tolerance.

Personally, I don’t agree with what Miss Ashley has says, I have a different interpretation of Christianity. But it’s a belief and everyone is entitled to their own beliefs. If we say that she can’t speak because we don’t like what she is saying, think of how much we would be stopped trying to promote equal rights and tolerance of all sexual orientations.

I don’t blame her for reading the Bible or taking it literally, plenty of people do – all for what they see as the rights reasons, and she is standing up for her views, just as we all do when we lobby parliament for gay marriage or take part in gay pride events.

There is a world of difference between being malicious and being misguided. As people who are often discriminated against, I think the nicest thing we could do is show a little compassion and bite our tongues, agree to disagree.

I’m not surprised that so many people respond by denouncing Christianity or calling Christians retards. But remember that faith is just another way of life, and remember that some Christians don’t take the same views as Miss Ashely. Some Christians even support the gay community.

At the end of the day, all anyone can ask for is to be who they are and live true to their values.

24. Sister Mary clarence 27 Feb 2010, 4:03pm

Vicki, I understand what you are saying and I can see the validity of the points that you make (although I’m trying to politely skirt around the fact that I can’t agree with you and don’t want to come out and say it because you’ve actually taken time to make some very measured comments).

However ….

This girl wasn’t really Miss Beverley Hills, or Miss Anything. She’s the guy that jumps on stage and grabs the mike at a concert for 5 seconds of fame. She used that 5 seconds to espouse some very narrow views from the Old Testament about one section of the community, when quite clearly if she was using the Old Testament as the yardstick for living he own life she’d probably be lying (no pun intended) under a big pile of stones outside the gates of the city.

25. Oh I know that her deceit and attitude is atrocious, I just can’t stand it when one person’s stupidity gives Christianity a bad name.

26. Sister Mary clarence 28 Feb 2010, 8:24am

We can only wonder why she did it. It took no time at all to find her out, so I wonder if her motive was purely to get a little airtime to broadcast her views.