Complaints over Australian commentators’ gay remarks

1. Two more ‘latent’ homosexuals who have to over-compensate for their unforfilled desires – shame

2. ChutneyBear 19 Feb 2010, 5:04pm

One more comment that again lacks a sense of humour. Its funny John get over yourself….are you going to sulk listening to Kylie? Jesus if I had a penny everytime someone gets offended…..Im gay and Im not offended

3. Right on, ChuntneyFerret! – A man after my own heart.
    I thought it was funny too! I mean, gay men love to mince about at Pride in glitter and crap, but why is it if someone dares comment, they are “homophobic”?

JohnD: Get a f_cking humour transplant, you po-faced miserable git.
    “And I apologise for that really sincerely.”
    ROFL

4. I know what you mean ChutneyBear and RobN, why can’t we still make fun at the darkies and Jews?

Gays are the only group everyone can still mock, and I for one will keep it that way. We can’t have people treating gays as normal human beings!

Can’t the poofs, the wogs, the pakis and the kikes get a sense of humour?

5. I don’t think it’s funny and neither do gay Aussies and others who heard it.

The only people who think it’s funny are people who think gays are to be laughed AT and gays who don’t really have a well-developed sense of self-esteem – the sort that still hang round public toilets and call themselves homophobic names like ChutneyFerret.

And we know who THEY are, don’t we.

6. Well said Carvero. Its all funny until you’re the one on the sharp end of the joke. I for one hope the skaters they insulted deck the Neanderthal commentators for that is about all the respect they deserve.

7. I think the phrase “schoolboy humour” about sums it up really, but they do say children can be the cruellest of all.

8. ‘Look, both boxers are black guys from the Hood! Not surprising, really – being a street thug with no education is the best qualification to get into this sport!’
    – No, I can’t imagine any commentator getting away with that kind of remark either.

9. John(Derbyshire) 19 Feb 2010, 8:53pm

They are just childish comments-said by guys with an emotional age of 16. Not to be taken seriously.BUT-if they had made similar comments about blacks or jews…..?

10. Well, they’re Australians, what do you expect.

11. I don’t ever rememeber at any time in my life a sign saying:

“If your a homosexual, please leave you sense of humour at the door!”

The best people in the world are not the ones who get laughed at but those who laugh with you and those that can laugh at themselves.

12. Scott of Sydney 20 Feb 2010, 8:14am

Of course these two commentators were homophobic in their comments. For any one that doubts it even THE SUN understood that.

13. JackAlison 20 Feb 2010, 9:38am

Ah guys, welcome 2 Australia! It is without a doubt one of the most misogynist, homophobic &racist countries on earth, (heard about the ‘curry bashings’ of Indians?)The real kicker is GLBT ppl keep apologizing for this garbage that calls itself humorous commentary. There are only a handful of ppl who actually take the media on such as Gary Burns. Australians aren’t laid back, they just couldn’t giva toss about human rights issues.

14. Not surprising – the “humour” level is about 40 years behind that of the UK. Gay=mincing to most of these characters – just look at most of the so called “comedy” shows – you will absolutely cringe.

Don’t even ask about what is said about Aboriginal people in private – makes your hair curl as a Brit – it’s like hearing your grandad sounding off about Arabs.

15. Mary Flying Eagle Ray 20 Feb 2010, 11:06am

The jerk’s comments might have been kinda funny in a dark dangerous
    way.Sad, in every way, those kind of (jokes?)feed the H8.
    I watched the skater who wore touches of pink.I watched as he skated
    with confidence, grace and beauty. I watched as he was underscored,
    (two skaters who fell got higher scores)I watched as he stood,waved,
    smiled,perhaps thinking,”Oh well it happened again, judged not on skill
    and presentation, but by someone’s rejection of a persumed lifestyle.”
    The commentations used their snide bully like remarks, the judge or
    judges used the powerful vote.So to the skater who dared to wear pink
    and black, my heart goes out to you and your mother.The camera panned
    out to get her reaction as she smiled upon her son. I believe they
    both knew, “It happened again.”
    Yes we may laugh at those bully jokes,but truth be told I remember my Lesbian
    sisters and Gay brothers from the 50s through later years to present,
    the struggles,the set backs,too much, too much.
    The skater,so out there,so himself, The olympics!!!!!, We were there,
    we are here, we are everywhere. What are you afraid H8ers?

M
    F E

16. funny that men who have never experienced discrimination say get a sense of humour. they only way thell know what it’s like is if they become disabled or get old. best to ignore them they’ll never get it tossers

17. Dean: Oh we got the joke. It’s just a shame you didn’t. You spend all your time trying to find ways of nitpicking anyone that might be having a bit of fun on you behalf.

18. Lucio Buffone 20 Feb 2010, 2:34pm

Well I don’t think they said anything, that a group of gay men watching the skating wouldn’t have said

19. Dean, I am disabled and I have suffered because of homophobia, I was moved because of it so am well aware of what Real homophobia is.

So your next points is?

Only gay people that are truly comfortable with themselves seem to know the difference. It seems the other gay ones, not comfortable with who they are feel the need to continously play the victim on every blooming commment made seem to constantly feel the need to justified themselves.

20. the fact you have to call people you don’t agree with “tossers” kinda also says a lot about you, doesn’t it!

21. Pink Oboe Player 20 Feb 2010, 4:03pm

Ok Dean. As you don’t seem to get it we’ll ignore you from now on.

22. sure I could have left the tosser part out. that person making the joke may also be the person who is deciding wether you live or die. like those ambulance men who left the disabled man to die as he was not worth saving. real jokes ie wit has no victims. I don’t know how you can find mockery acceptablei hope one day you’ll realise that you deserve better. as long as there is a possibility that we can be killed because of our sexuality I rather not joke about it.

23. Dean: That’s the whole point of most humour. It is based around other people’s misfortune. I am no psychologist, so I couldn’t tell you why, but if you see some bloke skid down the road on a banana skin and hit the deck, it’s funny. The fact he could break his back and end up paraplegic is not, but you don’t consider that at the time.

So stop inferring that ever little dig at your sexuality is going to incite somebody to stab you. It is not.

“Hear about the guy that burgled by gays? They didn’t steal anything, but rearranged the furniture and left a quiche in the oven.”

Is that funny, or homophobic? You decide.

24. I guess you can laugh at what you want just don’t try to supress my opinion. that joke perpetuates a stereotype that gay people soft. so if you’re walking down the street you may hear so pretty nasty stuff called out cause he’s only a poof. if you seriously think I’m over reacting go to any city on a weekend at closing time and snog your boyfiriend , if you have one. let me know how you get on.

25. Dean – “that joke perpetuates a stereotype that gay people soft.”

You’re right, what Mick Molloy did was equate being effeminate with being gay. Boring as that association is, and as unprofessional as the comments were, how is it homophobic? However as an attempt to ridicule men who don’t conform to a macho image, its working really well. Disappointing.

26. Thsi is not about being derided for snogging your boyfriend. There are cruel jokes and there are silly jokes. All people are made fun of. These may have been silly or childish but hardly cruel.

27. Dean: I have to say, I am fortunate that I have never experienced homophobia towards myself in the twenty or so years I have been ‘out’. That maybe be because of the fact I am 6’4″ and weigh over 200lbs

If anyone *were* to make a derogatory comment about me snogging my BF, I would ensure that they would end up having to admit to their mates “They were beaten up by a poof”.

28. violence is never the answer rob. can i ask what do you think of chris moyles?

29. My goodness. A fat man with exaggerated jowls and a beer belly talking to an old, balding man – also fat – sling off at gay men. Where’s the surprise? That’s how ugly men make themselves feel superior. It’s an inferiority thing.

30. Gay activist Paul Mitchell 21 Feb 2010, 7:29am

I now call apon channel 9 for both presenters Eddie McGuire and Mick Molloy to be sacked right now!

31. I call upon Channel 9 to give these two presenters a bonus for daring to poke a bit of fun at the nauseating stranglehold of poe-faced homourless puritans. For goodness sake, some of our brethren are acting like dour evangelical fundamentalists who trip over themselves to condemn any hint of blasphemy or licentiousness with the thin-lipped grimaces of undertakers. Being thin-skinned is deeply unattractive and betrays a tragic lack of self-esteem.

Let us look to our Jewish and Irish cousins and share their wonderful sense of irony and humour and share their commendable ability to laugh at ourselves – that is what wins friends and allies in the wider community and breaks down prejudice.

32. Dean: I think Chris Moyles is as thick as pigsh!t for one thing.
    How he got that job I will never know, but obviously there enough idiots out there that can relate to him, which sadly says a lot about the general public.

Thomas: You said it more eloquently than I ever could!
    The trouble is with socialism is it tries too hard to equalise people, and it results in becoming a fragmented bunch of minorities each with an axe to grind. Whoever said “We are all the same except for the colour of our skin” is talking complete and utter BOLLOCKS. We ARE all different, and that is what makes the world go round. Instead of trying to ignore the differences, we should celebrate them. If people take the piss out of my being gay, I usually laugh with them, but should I encounter true homophobia, I just simply say, “Don’t make your problem MY problem.”

33. Elizabeth Montague-Cholmondley 21 Feb 2010, 2:21pm

Oh, do you actually snog your BF in public then, RobN? Very bold, I must say given all the knifings and beatings and bashings you gay men have been having in the past couple of years in this neck of the woods.

34. ” If people take the piss out of my being gay, I usually laugh with them, but should I encounter true homophobia, I just simply say, “Don’t make your problem MY problem.”. come on rob you can’t laugh with people who are laughing at you. and I you think moyles is a idiot why let these Aussies off the hook. you’re not making much sense.
    and Thomas thick skin will not stop a knife. Gerry Edwards, 59, and his long-term partner Chris Bevan, 56, were found with stab wounds at a flat in Bromley, south-east London, on Tuesday night. you guys are probally trolls.

35. “Oh, do you actually snog your BF in public then, RobN?”

He doesn’t have a BF, Elizabet . Probably never did. But what he lacks in pride in his sexuality, he makes up for in some serious chips on his shoulder about all gay men. And skin colour too…. a racist, basically. Loves the generalisations, and any bandwagon that involves abusing someone skin colour, nationality or culture. A real candidate for a BNP-led “gay conversion” program… kind surprised he hasn’t tried one of these so called conversion programs yet, he seems desperate enough to rid himself of this “homosexuality curse”

He tends to like anti-gay humour, because it reflects the low level of opinion he has of himself. To call a black person a nigger isn’t funny, as it is not funny to call a gay man a faggot. If Rob thinks it is, well, it wouldn’t be the first time he’s deluded himself. This is his own profile Vimeo:

Anyone who says “getting to know me will reap benefits” is obviously someone trying to cover up for the fact that no one has bothered to.

36. Nah, I think these presenters should be sacked. If their so-called banter had been aimed at Muslims, Jews or black, nobody would be laughing. I’m just not sure why some gay people feel the need to regard themselves as below others, and think these kinds of moronic TV broadcasts are ok.

As for RobN, he’s as gay as adolf hitler. He posts here all the time, making out he’s gay, occasionally posting messages of support, but usually he descends to baseless BNP type reasoning, which kind of gives things away a little bit. From comments above, he sounds to me to be a bit racist as well as closet homophobic.

The TV guys involved need to try to be funny, instead of just being offensive to minority groups. The days when presenters could mask a complete lack of talent, just by being bigotted are long gone. I’m sure Australia has many talented presenters who are a damm site funnier, and a damm site better looking than these two sad dorks.

37. RobN should be pities not mocked.

His opinions are his opinions whatever they are.

38. Richard GS 21 Feb 2010, 8:13pm

There’s a world of difference between in-house “joking around” and the same coming from outside. It’s pretty much universal as well. If you complain about your wife, husband, mother to someone that’s one thing. If someone outside your family starts making jokingly nasty comments about that person, it’s likely your reaction won’t be a positive one.

39. “RobN should be pities not mocked. His opinions are his opinions whatever they are.”

RobN is not being mocked. What I said about him is cold hard fact, unfortunately, through his OWN admissions on this site.

Many here have tried to converse with him on a civilised, explain to him why racism and homophobic language should not be acceptable or tolerated. The response back is invariably that person is an over-sensitive idiot or a weak “queer” who “naturally” spends their time in saunas cruising or being frivolous. I find this attitude offensive to an intellectual discussion and somewhat projectionist of Mr. Neal’s attitude towards himself.

Racism is not an “opinion”. Neither is homophobia. They are not funny, nor are they acceptable in a pluralistic civilised society. They are misconceptions and an excuse for irrational hate towards another human being. And comments by RobN of that nature should be dealt with as such. Failure to deal with them head on leads to that irrational hateful sentiment growing and spreading – after all, history is littered with the examples of people like Mr. Neal and their “opinions”.

As an individual who has had to endure the racist and self loathing Mr. Neal directly, I make no apology of that I say about him. Neither do many others here who have endured similar bouts of his childish angst and less-then-erudite attitudes toward gay men.

40. ‘Racism is not an “opinion”. Neither is homophobia. They are not funny, nor are they acceptable in a pluralistic civilised society’

Here here! Will is bloody well spot on about RobN!!! I too have had to put up with too many personal attacks from that reptile on numerous occasions. On any other site he’d be moderated out of here by now, but here he seems to run amok unchallenged with the other religious right wingers and then spit bile at us ‘homos’ when we don’t agree that he should be allowed to call someone a ‘paki’.

And I’m not the only one here who feels this way about this heinous individual. If he doesn’t like the ‘homos’, then he shouldn’t bother coming here to converse with us.

41. I agree, there is a difference between a joke and an insult. What these guys did is the latter, it was clearly meant to insult.

And Carvero I’d just like to add that I had to suffer a racist comment in the past from robn as mentioned by some above, because I was Scottish. Robn doesn’t give opinions – he insults people to get a reaction.

42. well done guys it’s time to stop feeding the trolls

43. Tony Labert 21 Feb 2010, 9:39pm

I hear you mate. I was called a “leftie Marxist lunatic”, among other things, simply because I said it was desirable to give refuge to those from other countries who are being persecuted for their sexuality. RobN is a dysfunctional low life bigot (who’s actually proud of his bigotry!!!!), and should be treated like the vermin he is… his so called “opinions” are nothing but offensive trash. I’m glad that people here stand up to him, and quite right they do too. He deserves no less. Personally I think some in here are too kind to him by giving him the option of calling his uber-rightwing fascism an “opinion”!!!!!!!!!

44. Tony Labert 21 Feb 2010, 9:41pm

This is his own profile Vimeo: “artistic, funny, passionate, argumentative and not always the easiest of people to get on with, but getting to know me will reap benefits.”

You hit the nail on the head, Will!!!!!!!!!!!!

45. Are you listening, RobN? There seems to a good consensus of opinion just above that you have been way out of line on too many occasions. The question is will you take people’s forthright and frank comments seriously and possibly do something about it? I hope so.

46. Eddy, he won’t listen. He’ll just chalk it down to more ‘left wing bleeding hearts’ ganging up on the poor honest and noble Rob Neal. His own prejudices blind him to the truth that he’s universally loathed.

47. LOL! Do you remember when he said he was proud to be able to prove his famly was “PURE ENGLISH” going back 400 years! It was sort of like ‘I’m PURE English, I am! not not like all the rest of you, you bunch of wops and wogs and dagos!’

No, he’s not pro-europe, is he? Independent? BNP even?

48. cripes have you seen what that Elizabeth what’s-her-name has thrown at him over on the Stephen Gately PCC thread!!!!!!!!! Go Elizabeth is all I can say!!!!!!!. Love live Lesbians!

49. Ashley there is a reason why the Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras is led by the Dykes on Bikes.
    It scares the beejasus outta the bible thumper right wing homophobes.

50. dear me… bitter, bitter queens. Get over it. I’m gay and proud of it. I’m also a racist, and proud of it (oh! the scandal!). Welcome to Australia; freedom of speech… we ARE the lucky country. If you don’t like it… LEAVE

51. “I’m also a racist, and proud of it”

LOL! Another RobN…. sorry, mate, we don’t need another one, we have our own resident bigot. But cheers for the offer!

“If you don’t like it… LEAVE”

Er, how do I explain this…. None of us are actually “there” in Australia, Shaun…. that thing they call the internet is actually a global entity.

Yet more proof that those who are, and who are proud of bigotry, are usually idiots.

“No, he’s not pro-europe, is he? Independent? BNP even?”

He seems to vote UKIP, but thinks BNP, if you know what I mean Chris. He’s very anti-Europe. Anti-any-nationality-that-isn’t-“pure”-English. Anti-gay. Anti-education. Anti-fun. He should probably go for a course of anti-depressants while he’s ant it…. :)

52. Lol. at least we know who they are. spread the word

53. Oh dear (sigh!) the Ozzy answer to Bwand & Woss I suppose; grow up! People are Gay! Get over it!

54. Dream on, Shaun. You may like to think you are “the lucky country” but you have one hell of a problem brewing with the indigenous people of “your” country, the actual inhabitants of “your” continent before your lot arrived from here just a few generations ago! And you also have one hell of problem brewing with the manner in which the likes of you are treating your non-white immigrants – yes, those who been permitted into Australia since your lot was shamed into dropping its official “White Australian Policy” – the “policy” that barred anyone who was not white from entering Australia.

And we won’t even begin to talk of how your outback farmers are selling up because grass can’t grow any longer, how your lakes have dried up, how your homes are threatened with fires, all because of your worsening drought. Climate change isn’t just Australia’s fault, but get the message, matey, Australia is not “the lucky country”!

55. Bloody hell. I go away for a day, and there’s a f_cking left wing rally organised in my honour.

Let’s get a few facts straight before we start:
    1. I have been in a civil partnership with my South African partner for over four years.

2. I am not, or ever a supporter of the BNP, National Front, or any other extremist organisation.

3. I am NOT, repeat NOT, a racist. I am a Nationalist who believes in the support of his country. I have travelled around the world at least four times and seen far more, and met many more people than most of you, and I love the planet for it’s diversity. However, I like to think this little part of the planet is what I call home, and it is being eroded due to immigration. It’s not about skin colour, its about religion, language, customs, tradition, ways of life. For f_cks sake, they are even teaching foreigners how to queue!!

When I visit a country, I try to adapt their way of life (when in Rome, etc.) – but immigrants here remain in their own little enclaves and ghettos an refuse to integrate. They send their children to their own schools, they are taught in their own language. How the hell can this country be called multi-cultural?
    It is monocultural, but willing to put up with everyone else.

Where I live in East London, we are down to less than 5% indigenous British people. Everyone else has just wandered in, taken what they can, ignored everyone else around them, and usually f_cked off back from whence they came. Those that do stay DEMAND that we accommodate their ways and rights, but then hurl bricks through the windows of gay bars, because they disapprove.

Please note, this is not an apology, it is not even a justification for my retorts on Pink News, but I thought at least, as I’d managed to win so many gongs on this occasion, maybe at least redress some of the balance. I don’t expect to be liked, but apparently some on here do; to them, thanks, to the rest, suffer. I’m not planning on going anywhere.

56. You all think it is okay to make fun of gay people, yourselves, like this… but it really isn’t.
    Do you realize how this translates to some school kids/teens?
    As a teen lesbian in highschool, these kids take these “jokes” and turn them violent- be it mental or physical. 28% of kids are forced to drop out from homophobic comments and some of the most pervasive anti-gay violence happens in schools.

57. Jean-Paul Bentham 23 Feb 2010, 3:55am

“Channel Nine should sack both of them because they’re not fit to be broadcasters or to be involved in a television network when they use this kind of banter.”

An Olympic athlete is an Olympic athlete. Need I say more?

In all the years that I’ve been following Figure Skating at all levels here in Canada where the Queer Community in Vancouver has opened a Pride Place just last week, I have never, not ever, heard professional commentators publicly make snide remarks of any kind about Professional Athletes while they were competing at the highest level in the world.

Moreover, if any Canadians thought the comments made by the Australian commentators were funny, it didn’t make it to the headlines or to the editors.

58. Roob Neal – Feb 2010 – “I am NOT, repeat NOT, a racist”

Richard Nixon – Nov 1973 – “I am not a crook”

Methinks the lady doth protest too much – We’ve all seen your brand of “nationalism”. You’ve made derogrqawtory remarks towards many nationalities. Thats is NOT nationalism – its racism. Pride in ones country is not a free ticket to demean or act superior to another. One can have pride, but that should not deny others their human rights. God bless your partner, he must be the male equivalent of Helen Keller….

Seems you can add ‘liar’ to your repertoire, or at best, ‘self-delusional’, Mr. Neal – Traits neither of which I hold in any high regards.

59. Jean-Paul Bentham 23 Feb 2010, 10:46am

‘While discussing the men’s figure skating, Molloy said: “They don’t leave anything in the locker room these blokes do they?”

McGuire interrupted: “They don’t leave anything in the closet either do they?”‘

Snide remarks made on the air by two Australian commentators while an Olympic Athlete was competing in Canada’s Winter Olympic Games.

I can easily imagine that the athlete’s family, loved ones and friends, not to mention his fans, would have been offended by the commentators making fun of him the minute he stepped onto the ice.

These comments were definitely homophobic and they were made in a country where gays have achieved equal rights because gay rights are human rights.

If the Australian commentators don’t “give a toss” for human rights, then what’s the difference between them and Bahati and Ssempa in Uganda?

And I’ll spare you the comparison with Nazism.

60. George: “derogrqawtory”? Christ mate.

I make derogatory remarks at everyone. It must be said, am an equal opportunities insulter. I hate everyone with the same venom. Which is why whenever I take a pop at anyone on here, it is seen as “homophobic”, or as Eddy likes to refer as “internalised homophobia” – That sounds like a bowel infection.
    So if I have a go at someone and they happen to be non-white, then QED, I must be a racist. As for denying human rights, my question to you is “What about MY human rights”? – Like I said in a previous column, “I was here first” – yes, a rather petty excuse, but as I pointed out, I come from a long line of English, and I’d like this country to essentially remain in that tradition.
    Whereas Labour have been hell bent since they got into power of dismantling anything that’s more than 50 years old, throwing out any rights, privileges or titles anyone might have, and attacking anyone who isn’t working class. I don’t deny racism is on the rise in this country, but I wish people would stop blaming the BNP, they are trivial. They merely deflect our gaze on who is really responsible: This is the work of the Labour government, and until net immigration is completely zeroed, this matter is only going to get worse.

61. Jean-Paul Bentham 23 Feb 2010, 11:17am

Olympism in Action: To build a better world through sports and the Olympic values of excellence, respect and friendship:

I will be sending my complaint to Channel Nine, not only as an act of solidarity with my gay Olympic Athlete brother, but also to remind the Australian media of something called the values of the British Commonwealth…which are re-surfacing, btw, whether or not we are “giving a toss” about them.

And then there’s something about torpedoing Olympism in Action that just rubs me the wrong way.

There’s a lesson there somewhere for the country who will be sponsoring the Olympics in 2012.

62. Jean-Paul Bentham 23 Feb 2010, 12:07pm

According to the Olympic Charter (p. 96; sec. 49.2), “all decisions concerning the coverage of the Olympic Games by the media rest within the competence of the International Olympic Committee”, presently presided by Mr. Jacques Rogge.

The IOC Communications Department can be reached by calling +41 21 621 6000 or by emailing pressoffice@olympic.org

63. RobN’s pig-headed self-righteousness rises up yet again, as in a man possessed by madness!

“I was ‘ere first” he screeches!

No, you were NOT, matey.

The Celts were here before your raggle-taggle lot (eventually called The English) invaded this island from various parts of Europe!

The Celts had been very happy on this island, thank you very much. They didn’t need your lot, and your arrogant bunch did not exactly come in and do a “When in Rome . . . “!

No, RobN, instead, your lot, “The English”, brutally rampaged against the inhabitants of this island and drove those they couldn’t manage to KILL way up into the mountainous area of Scotland and Wales – where they still are to this very day, and from where many of them still detest YOU.

So, RobN, just as you have said that if today’s immigrants don’t like it “then they should fuc* off back to where they came from”, so today’s Scots and Welsh have a right not only to continue demanding total division and autonomy from England but to also require YOU to bugg*r off back to whatever corner of Europe that your bunch of “English” invaders came from!

So take the point, once and for all, you pig-headed man! Bow your head in shame, say you’re sorry for years of deeply flawed thinking, and, most of all, CHANGE YOUR THINKING.

WE WILL NOT TOLERATE RACISM FROM YOU.

64. Eddy: There is a difference between 1500+ years of slow integration between Celts, Angles, Saxons, Vandals, Goths and whoever else was wandering about back then, and the fact that half the planet has now decided to live in Britain and attempted to do so in the last 30 or 40. This country cannot withstand either the numbers, or the cultural shock.
    It’s really as simple as that.

65. “Half the planet has now decided to live in Britain and attempted to do so in the last 30 or 40″.

who is this fool who has written this? He must be neurotic – possibly even psychotic! or drunk!

HALF THE POPULATION OF THIS PLANET HAS ATTEMPTED TO SETTLE IN THE UK WITHIN THE LAST 30 OR 40 YEARS?

i thought everybody on these pages had some intelligence or at least some grasp on reality but this one hasn’t. That’s for sure

66. Jean-Paul Bentham 23 Feb 2010, 8:23pm

The name of the Olympic Athlete publicly insulted by homophobic remarks made by the Australian commentators while he was competing is JOHNNY WEIR.

67. you’re supposed to be ignoring him so that we can have a serious debate rather than trolling. and not in a good way either.

68. Aggie: That was an exaggeration to prove a point.

69. Quite surprised, at what fourth rate presenters on fourth rate tv channels in Australia, have stirred amongst everyone. Of course their comments would never have occurred if it was a Aboriginal, Jew or Muslim delighting the watcher with such skill and beauty. Regarding the many comments above I suggest those interested in getting a better grasp on Australia to read Robert Hughes “Fatal Shores “. I feel many of the above comments are ignoring Australia was colonized by Britain and has since sheltered 140 odd ethnic groups. Our most negative gift to the world has been Rupert Murdoch and I stopped reading or watching his media 30 years ago.

70. “There is a difference between 1500+ years of slow integration between Celts, Angles, Saxons, Vandals, Goths and whoever else was wandering about back then, and the fact that half the planet has now decided to live in Britain and attempted to do so in the last 30 or 40″

Well, then I suppose you would be apologetic to other nations about the British colonial era, then? Did the British “integrate” with occupied countries over a long period of time? Did the people who were “there first” have the right NOT to have a bunch of non-natives telling them what to do, occupying their land, and taking their wealth?

This is your point, isn’t it? No, wait. Before, in previous posts, you fawned over British colonial imperialism like a nostalgic nazi, and you though that was okay to occupy other countries. So, therefore, its not about who was there first, is it?

I admire a thought out and constructed opinion, even if its different to my own. But what I abhor is your angst ridden outburst of stupidity which reek of hypocrisy and ego-centric double standards, Mr. Neal.

Logically, your either an idiot with the memory capability of a sedated goldfish, or you haven’t a clue what you actually believe/think.

71. “Aggie: That was an exaggeration to prove a point.
    Most people would have at least a few brains cells sufficient to realise that I was saying that for effect.”

RobN, exaggerations don’t prove points. Exaggerations prove you a liar. And you lose your points.

72. “Will, the other distinct possibility, which we haven’t give much thought to, I believe, is that he’s could be quite “a user”!”

I was also thinking bi-polar or schizophrenic. It simply not normal for someone to behave or think so irrationally like Rob Neal does.

73. Jean-Paul Bentham 25 Feb 2010, 3:28am

The name of the Olympic Athlete publicly insulted while he was competing at the VANCOUVER WINTER OLYMPICS 2010 by homophobic official Australian commentators is JOHNNY WEIR.

74. Eddy / Will: There are none so blind as those that refuse to see.
    Even the immigrants think enough is enough:

75. The Daily Telegraph??? Are you serious???? That over-reactionary tabloid is nothing more than print form of Fox news… you don’t honestly expected me to take that as serious journalist investigation, do you?!? One badly written article by a sensationalist rag is not proof of anything, Rob, other than you are desperate to prove a failing point.

I expected better than that, somehow. Silly me.

I see you didn’t bother to answer my point on why British colonialism is okay by you (as you wipe a tear from your eye), but the fact you have “400 years of pure English blood” means that those countries the English occupied against their will have less right to be in England than you do…. funny that.

There are none so blind as those that refuse to see their own self delusions.

76. Indeed, Will! The man quotes The Daily Telegraph??? Well, he would, wouldn’t he, in his household. As he’s told us, he feels like a persecuted minority with only 5% of his “own kind” (“the pure English”) remaining in that area of East London in which he lives. That sort only read the likes of The Daily Hate, The Daily Telegraph, and London Evening Standard! Rags, all of them.

And there’s another thing too, that needs to be reflected upon, Will. Our man here has told us he lives with a South African. Can we assume there is a possibility that that South African is a black South African? I mean there ought to be a 50/50 chance, don’t you think? Or is it that the South African in question is of the other variety . . . of whom we know a great deal, do we not?

Since the domination of blacks by whites in South Africa was brought to an end, white fascist South Africans have been fleeing all over the globe. Most have made their way to climes comparable to that of South Africa. To sunny places like Australia and the north island of New Zealand. Some, unfortunately, have managed to get into the UK.

77. I’m not even going to bother with you Eddy, you are a waste of keyboard. You are a complete c*nt with no redeeming qualities, and certainly no brain to even attempt to have a balanced debate.

78. :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

Oh, but you are so so so wrong, RobN. I do have a brain and some of us outwit you time and again with our brains. And we don’t need “redeeming qualities” because our foremost qualities are sterling enough!

:-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

79. Jean-Paul Bentham 26 Feb 2010, 1:10am

If debating were a sport likely to make the world a better place through excellence, respect and friendship….oh, never mind.

We haven’t heard the end of McGuire and Molloy’s disgraceful comments. Not all Aussies are like that.

80. “I’m not even going to bother with you Eddy, you are a waste of keyboard. You are a complete c*nt with no redeeming qualities, and certainly no brain to even attempt to have a balanced debate.”

LOL! Splendidly written, Rob!!! From you, I’ll take that as a complement.

400 years of ‘pure English breeding’ and yet none of the decorum and manners that the British are renowned for. How disappointing that must be for you.

When you figure out exactly what you actually do believe and don’t believe in, without the glaring hypocrisy and self serving double standards, I’ll be sure to enlighten you as to how bloody intelligent I actually am.

And Eddy, you’re quite right…. he doesn’t want “foreigners” in his little hamlet, but his SA boyfriend is okay. Is South Africa still part of the UK? Maybe he’s not really ‘foreign’ in Rob’s eyes, only the “dark skinned ones”. What a hypocrite.

81. :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

I am a complete cu*t. I am a waste of keyboard. I have no redeeming qualities!

:-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

I am STILL screaming with laughter!

:-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

82. mmmm what is Very interesting is RobN wrote the piece to Eddy, yet when Will highlighted it, responded (and I quote):

“LOL! Splendidly written, Rob!!! From you, I’ll take that as a complement.”

It is well known that Bullies hide behind the identity of others. The word “Busted” springs to mind.

83. And again Squidgy thinks everyone is the same person. What is it with you and the conspiracies, is paranoia a way of life for you, or something? Listen, I really don’t care about that you think everyone is actually the same person, that’s you prerogative, or even why that is always your first reaction (disturbing though it is) but if you take the time to register with Pinknews you’d see me and Eddy are two completely different people…. really. We are.

I’ll tell you why I have such disregard for RobN, he racist remarks at my own country for one, are appalling. I will always challenge his ignorance. You only have to be here for 5 minutes to see what an odious little racist that cretin is, he just can’t help himself…. and if you think that me and Eddy are the only ones that find him repulsive (as most civilised people find all racism), then, I’m sorry, but you really need to cop on.

“Busted” springs to mind? Well, try open your mind first and see the facts before you brand others “the same” bully while defending a proud and obnoxious racist.

Unless of course, you agree with his racism…. That’s always a possibility given the history of you-all-the-same-person-paranoia we regularly get from you, Squidgy. I don’t mean to offend you, but seriously, its getting tiresome, you accused me of being someone else before…. someone different too. At least make up your mind.

84. Actually comment 82 was the second time I have Ever made the suggestion. The fact you feel the need to exaggerate the point to make a point.. (to make you look erm good?) suggests how you work. I only pointed out what I saw. I’m sure others will make up their own. That’s of course if they haven’t already.

Good day to you sir.

85. Hey, Will, poor Squidge with his Paranoia, eh?

Anyway, did you ever hear that music-hall song,

“We’re a couple of swells,
    We stop at the best hotels,
    But we prefer the country, far away from the city smells!”

“We’re a couple of cun*s,
    At the keyboard we’re just runts,
    And we prefer to party, far away from the RobN dunce!”

:-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

86. “The fact you feel the need to exaggerate the point to make a point.”

No, exaggeration to show the foolishness of your remark. If you have a point to make, make it, but don’t resort to name calling and paranoid acquisitions. These are the recourse of those incapable of independent thought.

“Well, how about you and me lay our hands on some top hats and tails and waltz down the main street tonight, arm in arm, singing:”

LOL! Should be easy enough, given we’re the same person and all!

87. Jean-Paul Bentham 27 Feb 2010, 11:14pm

Hey….I’m supposed to be the one who’s paranoid here!

Like Squidgy = Monkeychops???

88. “I am NOT, repeat NOT, a racist”

You f****** liar, RobN. You are a racist. And a proud one at that. WE WERE THERE WHEN YOU INSULTED OTHER PEOPLE’S NATIONALITY, YOU FOOL.

I just popped back to this thread to see this lying toad spouting his idiocy, and that degenerate Squidgy backing him up! If anyone’s the “same person”, its that pair of f****** idiots. I see they’re conveniently backing each other up AGAIN on another thread insisting we get out of the EU. Wonderful, and let these two BNP nazi’s run things for a while? Not bloody likely, mate!

89. “I am NOT, repeat NOT, a racist”

I just popped back to this thread to see this lying toad spouting his usual idiocy, and that degenerate Squidgy backing him up! If anyone’s the “same person”, its that pair of f****** idiots. I see they’re conveniently backing each other up AGAIN on another thread insisting we get out of the EU. Wonderful, and let these two BNP nazi’s run things for a while? Not bloody likely, mate!

90. George, please, hang around these threads more often than you do, please. There’s a good number of us who need more people like you to help us jump on this RobN lunatic whenever he dares to spout the totally unacceptable or downright idiotic. And the best way of doing it is by referring to the profile he has built up over the months. The same goes for Sister Mary Clarence. They’re all a bunch of crazy hysterics.

91. George, I agree with Eddy (especially now that we’re the same person, it doesn’t do well to be disagreeing with yourself). Difficult as it is, you shouldn’t get mad at RobN, he’s an angry disturbed individual, driven by racism motivated by fear and ignorance. But as Eddy said, we all need to challenge him on every turn, he deserves nothing less then to be shown up for the angry racist bigot that he is. As a famous Irish statesman and philosopher once said, “All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.”

92. Yes, I agree with both of you. And yes, I shouldn’t get annoyed at him. He is clearly a victim of his own psychotic disorder. His lies, his anger, his racism, all signs of a socially dysfunctional agitator. Its just so embarrassing and irritating to see him blatantly lying in public assuming we’re all idiots and can’t see through him!!!!

93. just look at the pic of the commentator! Ugly as hell, taking his nerves out on gays or whoever….His problem is not the gays, it s not getting laid without paying! Trying to appear more “manly” through his comments, if only….