Trans man wins Facebook victory over banned photos

1. Pumpkin Pie 18 Jan 2010, 5:36pm

I am offended that Facebook would try to deter a hot guy from posting topless pics of himself.

…Oh, right. And also that whole discrimination thing.

2. BrazilBoysBlog 18 Jan 2010, 8:08pm

Ridiculous decision by Facebook…. and who was the sad tw-t that ´complained´? Pity they have nothing better to do!

3. theotherone 18 Jan 2010, 8:16pm

my god that guy looks disturbingly like myself.

I hope I don’t get banned for posting pictures of myself wandering the streets of Edinburgh. I may be offending people.

4. Calgary isn’t in the U.S. so he’s not a US man. He’s Canadian. Also, if you read the Xtra article, the spokesperson didn’t “add” those last two sentences. He had made those comments prior to saying Mr. Scaia could repost his photos, so Facebook changed their position.

5. theotherone 18 Jan 2010, 10:21pm

further to my last post:

I showed this pic to my Partner who said ‘oh, he looks like you.’

Apparently his hair is even like mine used to be.

Spooky. My Transman twin…

6. Pumpkin Pie 19 Jan 2010, 2:48am

further to my last post:
    I showed this pic to my Partner who said ‘oh, he looks like you.’
    Apparently his hair is even like mine used to be.
    Spooky. My Transman twin…

Post topless pics and we’ll tell you if we agree or not. ;)

7. theotherone 19 Jan 2010, 10:42am

the only person who sees me topless id The Other Half. ;)

8. Dominic Scaia 19 Jan 2010, 11:01am

Thanks to the person who posted those corrections.
    There were a few inaccuracies in this article. I appreciate it being posted, however.. and don’t mind that no one asked me permission to use that photo ;)
    At least it’s a good one!
    <3 Dom
    One more thing I'd like to correct: My account was never deleted.. just deactivated. Everything was intact when I got my account back, except for the top surgery photos.

1. Grats Dominic!

It’s funny to read about this on a Europoean site, when I’m Calgarian as well.

9. Pumpkin Pie 19 Jan 2010, 7:16pm

Haha, I can see the resemblance! You guys should do some sort of double act. New and improved “Jedward”, perhaps?

10. theotherone 20 Jan 2010, 12:15pm

A double act? I know one thing – I could never be the straight man ;)