Iris Robinson’s teen lover ‘faked testicular cancer to end affair’

1. Simon Murphy 12 Jan 2010, 3:24pm

So now we can add ‘sexual harassment’ to her list of wrongdoings.

The poor guy – he must have been terrified of the predatory Iris.

2. It gets better and better. I can’t wait for the next instalment. Who’s going to make the movie?

3. Jean-Paul Bentham 12 Jan 2010, 3:53pm

I still think it was a get-rich-fast trick that backfired, as they usually do. Did the girlfriend know? Tune in next week!!

All of this is so gay.

4. Mihangel apYrs 12 Jan 2010, 4:06pm

Jean-Paul:
    he got loans that would need to be paid back

he may also have been vulnerable when she sank her talons in

I’d give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

5. @ Riondo – I was also thinking this would make a good movie, but who would you cast in it?
    I thought Pauline McLynn (Mrs Doyle from “Father Ted”) could make a passable Iris, she’s good at playing the simmering sex obsession beneath the pious facade…

6. What a tsunami..!
    Affecting everybody..!!

Now even enmeshing her sister, is it, or sis-in-law, the pastorette…?

She’d be as well dumping the lot now and getting a job as an usherette.. ‘cos that’s her chips pissed on.

I have never had a telly.
    What for?

You could not make this up.

K

7. Riondo, yes this is wonderful.
    I can’t wait for the next episode.
    The spoof “Mrs Robinson” song
    is just great. All this couldn’t
    have happened to a more deserving person.
    I just love the comment attributed to the
    fair and fragrant (ahem!) Iris that
    “God had forgiven her”!
    I’m loving this, bring it on!

8. BrazilBoysBlog 12 Jan 2010, 9:27pm

No doubt the young lad really believed that testicular cancer would be preferable to continually having to sleep with the bitch-dragon! :-)

9. Christ. I’d cut my own bollocks off with a rusty butter knife if it got me out of having to shag that haggard old bag of bones.

10. Jean-Paul Bentham 12 Jan 2010, 11:38pm

There’s still more to this than meets the eye. Hm-m-m…
    Maggie Smith could play Iris Robinson, couldn’t she?

11. See everything in this world corrects itself if you give it enough time. The woman who once brought such hatred and sadness to the world is now giving back all this wonderful happiness and hilarity. I know its definitely brightened up my last week haha Thankyou Mrs Robinson, from all of us (even gays) who actually try to adhere to the 10 commandments, mwaaa

12. J-P @10:

Too young. But with makeup, probably.

Freddie Highmore as McCambley?

13. As AdrianT mentioned on a similar thread, where are all the religious nut-jobs we normally get in here? The likes of Stewart Cowen are very silent these days on this heart-warming story that beautifully illustrates how stuffed with hypocrisy these sanctimonious muppets are.

This is a quote from the Irish Independent newspaper today:

Mrs Robinson attracted controversy in 2008 when she made controversial remarks about homosexuality, comparing it to child abuse. It was while making those comments on the radio that her relationship with Kirk was at its height, revealed the source.”

It just goes to show that those who spout the bible as an authority, usually are the ones who themselves can’t live by it.

The word Karma just doesn’t cover this!!!! :)

14. It’s all so fantastic- Makes me want to drop to my knees and give thanks to the Lord!!! This fowl old witch deserves nothing less!

15. So she’s been a bit evil and someone came along and crushed her heart. Sounds like she got a taste of her own medicine. It’s up to her now what she wants to learn from it.

16. Sister Mary clarence 13 Jan 2010, 2:28pm

Paul – she will learn vengance and hatred. To have abused her position so comprehensively and then be able to start hammering others with the 10 commandments is incredulous – I am absolutely sure the onwe thing that will be absent at the end of all of this is genuine remorse.

Sorry she got caught – yes but that’s about it.

The fact her husband is even considering coming back speaks reams about their view of the whole affair (pardon the pun)

17. Will – Yep, you and Adrian are both right… Stewart Cowan has gone strangely quiet on this one since it was revealed that Iris was shacking up with a guy young enough to be her grandson.
    I can vouch for that because I checked his “Real Street” blog. He’s sticking to less contentious issues this week, such as rats that overdose on Aspartame!

18. Robert, ex pat Brit 13 Jan 2010, 6:45pm

Iris Robinson redefines the term political whore. She is nothing more than a common whore hiding behind religion. A very sick woman indeed.

19. “He’s sticking to less contentious issues this week, such as rats that overdose on Aspartame!”

A very important topic, Flapjack, worth of his consummate literally skills, no doubt.

Out of curiosity, I had a little peek at the in-erudite nonsense he’s writing this week. Strange, it seems his entire blog is made up of quotes from Pinknews… and yet he still doesn’t touch on the Iris story. How marvellously ‘selective’ of him, he’s a paragon of the journalistic profession he has delusions of being a part of!

20. We’re always told that we have to be “tolerant” of these people. We’re told they’re really “just like us”. If you prick them, do they not bleed?

But now the cosy mask slips to reveal a more sordid reality: the predatory older heterosexual married evangelist woman, “grooming” a teenager over a number of years, and then seducing him into her revolting sexual acts.

And all the evidence points to a more widely promiscuous lifestyle.

Am I the only one who feels almost physically sick at the very thought?