Gay magazine wants Iris Robinson’s young lover on the cover

1. F**k me, this guy has nothing to do with the gays. Attitude needs to stop whoring itself out to scandals in a desperate attempt to secure readership. This is sickening.

2. BrazilBoysBlog 8 Jan 2010, 1:46pm

Well, gay magazines said the same thing about Levi Johnston, Sarah Palins ex son-in-law or whatever he was. He also had nothing to do with gays. I suppose there is a certain fascination for getting someone closely associated with an anti-gay bigot on the cover of a gay magazine.. (By the way, there have been many straight lads on the cover of Attitude and many other gay mags)

On a personal level, I have to say that although the photo in this Pink News article is better than the ones on his own pubs website, I don’t think he’s hot enough to be ‘cover quality’ material… Does anyone else think he is?

3. Simon Murphy 8 Jan 2010, 1:56pm

Predictably there is now a Facebook campaign to get ‘Mrs Robinson’ by Simon & Garfunkel to number 1 next week.

Well at least Kirk McCambley will be easily able to pay back the £50,000 he earned by selling his body to the predatory groomer Iris Robinson. A kiss and tell for the News of the World will set him up nicely.

Iris Robinson was friends with Kirk’s father. Kirk started working in his father’s butcher’s shop when he was 9. Iris used to pop in every week. Then some months after his father died Iris gave him money in return for sex (well she demanded the money back when the sex stopped at least).

Isn’t that called ‘grooming’ a vulnerable person?

4. I’m certainly curious as to the legal status of the ‘loan/gift’ and whether he should have to give it back at all…seems small recompense for having to sleep with her…

5. This is so disturbing. I mean, a grown woman having an affair with a boy, who’s old enough to be her son. Yuck!

6. BrazilBoysBlog 8 Jan 2010, 3:52pm

“This is so disturbing. I mean, a grown woman having an affair with a boy, who’s old enough to be her son. Yuck! ”

Not really… The age is not the issue. The issue is that she’s a hypocrite. Telling everyone to do one thing, whilst she is in fact doing another… (or several others!)

7. BrazilBoysBlog 8 Jan 2010, 3:54pm

… I think that was somewhat tongue in cheek… :-) .. and it’s ‘grand’ son, not ‘son’ :-)

8. I agree with BrazilBoysBlog that the age difference is not the major issue here, but it does all add to the gossip and juicyness of the story so far!! ( going on the picture here, there’s no denying that, he’s a very goodlooking lad).
    Iris Robinson is a disgrace to Cristians, women, mother’s, wives and indeed to all womenkind. Her views and how she expresses them are despicable.

9. rantersparadise 8 Jan 2010, 5:02pm

The age issue ISN’T the issue??? What?? You would be okay with your 19 year old son going out with a 60 year old woman??

Ookay.

Agree with the above. As well as a typical hypocrite this vile and twisted this woman is, Attitude is typical of a self hating gay magazine. Sheez. Like get a grip.

But hey Madonna and Sam Taylor Wood are doing the same stuff now…

Gross.

10. “Iris Robinson was friends with Kirk’s father. Kirk started working in his father’s butcher’s shop when he was 9. Iris used to pop in every week……”

How sweet..!
    And now he pops into Iris …

What is wrong with that..?

Nothing like gratitude, I always say; makes the world go round..

Keith.
    SALFORD

11. Anthony B 8 Jan 2010, 5:38pm

Does anyone else remember watching that Karen Taylor sketch show on BBC3 a year or two ago with the pervy, middle-aged female teacher lusting after her male students and finding flimsy excuses for them to strip to their pants!

12. Anthony B 8 Jan 2010, 5:39pm

By the way, I think Kirk is quite attractive. God knows, he can certainly do much better than Iris the Virus!

13. Carl Rowlands 8 Jan 2010, 6:13pm

“Robinson, a devout Christian, embarked on the extra-marital affair in the summer of 2008 while making a series of homophobic comments in the media” Discuss – 3000 words!

14. Sister Mary clarence 8 Jan 2010, 7:33pm

I’m all for him appearing on the cover of Attitude. The guy should be a gay icon. He’s bought this bigoted vile hag to her knees. Good bye tax payer funded gravy chain, good bye soap box to spout venon, good bye career, and good bye credibility.

This young guy, unintentionally or otherwise, has outed this piece of scum for what she really is. I for one am very grateful to him.

15. The article said, “Robinson, a devout Christian….”

Please…give me any indication that she was devout, even in
    the most extreme definition.

The definition of devout is “very religious…pious…showing
    reverence…earnest…sincere…heartfelt.”

Iris was anything but devout, so don’t use terms that are
    untrue when defining Christians and Christianity.

16. Can u imagine it if he did an interview with attitude, it would be fantastic – it would be the icing on the cake, would really piss off this woman who has been able to say such horrific things about gay people!

17. Simon Murphy 8 Jan 2010, 8:42pm

Not much is known about his own background but I’d hazard a guess that if Iris was friends with his father, then I reckon the father was of the same religious views as Iris. If so then I reckon Kirk would not be encouraged to do a shoot for a gay mag. Then again he’s only 21 so his views may not be set in stone about gayfolk yet.

The kiss and tell in the News of the Screws will come first however. He’ll pocket a nice bit of change from that.

18. BrazilBoysBlog 8 Jan 2010, 8:58pm

@Sister Mary clarence “He’s bought this bigoted vile hag to her knees.” Thanks for the clarification.. So THATS what she was doing with him! :-) :-) :-)

19. Oh god it will be such sweet revenge to have the boy on the cover of Attitude, vile tart she is.

20. Iris was obviously not only interested in the sausages for sale in the Butcher shop but the other type of sausage from behind the counter!

21. Hank – you do have a point there, however she was devout by one definition of the word if by devout you mean sanctimonious and preachy and passing moral judgement on everyone else’s private lives. She certainly thought of herself as a devout Christian.
    Maybe “sanctimonious hypocrite Christian” would be a more appropriate description.

22. I hope he does it. The irony will be exquisite.

23. hank said “Please…give me any indication that she was devout, even in the most extreme definition.”

She originally wanted some of the money paid back to a church. Perhaps she saw it as a way of compensating God for her sins. Would that qualify as an indication?

24. Can we just take a minute and back the Facebook campaign to get ‘Here’s to you Mrs Robinson’ to Number 1 in the UK charts on Sunday 17th Jan? It would be a fitting comment on the homophobic Mrs Robinson. Let’s send her a message from the gay community. She has sent us plenty!!!

25. Jean-Paul Bentham 10 Jan 2010, 3:06pm

I wonder who’s screwing her now….hm-m-m, good title for a song!

As for Kirk..c’mon, let’s call a spade a spade: the guy is ambitious and lazy, and not front page material.

26. The sex tape just got released!

27. Check out this video clip about the hypocrit bitch on youtube: http://tinyurl.com/irisrobinson

28. Owen Simons, Cape Town, South Africa 11 Jan 2010, 10:06am

Besides the Cheating angle on the side of Mrs. Robinson, I have absolutely no problem with the age gap between the lady and the boy McCambley. I dated a woman who is 19 years older than I. My ex-partner was 13 years younger than me at the time, and he and I had the best of times. Age, my dear “shell-shocked” friends, is truely but a number. I say, McCambley is surly a great candidate for an Attitude cover!.

29. Give me strength.

If Attitude wanted finally to convince me that it is a load of facile and vacuous crap, it could hardly go about it better.

So performing heaven knows what sexual acts with a venomous and adulterous harpie makes you into some kind of pin-up figure?

When influential Gay people show so little sense of self-respect it’s little wonder that we find it so hard to get some others to respect us.

30. Post no.27 THANKS Ken that was EXCELLENT, everyone watch it!!

31. Peter Roberts 11 Jan 2010, 7:08pm

Ah, well. Attitude’s been trying to be a straight magazine for long enough. It was only a matter of time before it decided to go for the redtop market as well.
    When will Attitude realise there’s a big market in the UK for a high quality gay style magazine which is unashamedly for gay men and does not slip into pandering to the straight or redtop market as soon as things look tough? Surely they’ve seen the Australian DNA – respectable emough to get onto Smith’s shelves but stuffed to the ginnels (spelling?) with pictures of and stories about men – which is what I as a gay man am interested in.

32. Jean-Paul Bentham 12 Jan 2010, 10:32am

In my opinion, the front cover of a gay magazine should have some relevance to homosexuality, which Kirk ain’t got. Let the Daily ‘ave ‘im, innit.

33. This woman was playing hide the sausage with the butcher and the butcher’s boy? Iris Robinson is the Whore of Babylon and will burn in the fires of hell forever for her adulterous behaviour as a wanton woman who should be stoned for her crimes and the disgusting, evil cess pit she has caused; burn in hell forever you Jezablle!!! whoops I seem to have become Rev Iain Paisley all of a sudden.

34. p.s, they’ll be wanting to put the pope on the cover next(!)

35. Bent-lee Basher 15 Jan 2010, 7:49am

I’ve read lots of comments made by this Mrs Robinson in different newspapers. Came across yours and the reactions she’s certainly stirred over her anti-gay comments will clearly not gain her any fan mail from that (your) community. Interesting…seems its ok,judging by comments made here, to rant and rage frustrated anger toward this woman and indeed, the “age differance” between her and her teenage toyboy. Is’nt this what they call age discrimination? But if/when any derogatory remarks are made by any straight(normal)person regarding ‘homosexuality not being normal.’ The raspish queens are very quick to respond with their ‘typical’ screaming outrage…Gay “sexual discrimination”
    As the saying goes..”People who live in glass houses…”
    Choose life. Get a “straight” life!

36. People and institutions like Iris Robinson, the Mormon Church and the Catholic Church make me think that homophobia and pedophilia walk together.