Jonathan Ross quits the BBC

1. Brian Burton 7 Jan 2010, 12:14pm

With that 1890s hair-style, Wossy must think he’s a latterday Osca Wilde!

2. The Grinch 7 Jan 2010, 12:16pm

Excellent. Let’s hope those “Uncle Toms” of the gay world, 4 Poofs & a Piano, go with him…

3. We are winning the war against homophobia!

4. Simon Murphy 7 Jan 2010, 12:31pm

I’m sad to see Jonathon Ross go as I think he is very talented.

The Andrew Sachs incident was horrible but at the same time we should not forget that it was a witch-hunt orchestrated by the Daily Mail/Heil.

I’ll be glad that 4 Poofs and Piano will be off the air though.

5. About Bloody time!

6. Debi Linton 7 Jan 2010, 12:59pm

I am not happy with PinkNews’ recent stories about the lives and careers of people who aren’t gay, but once said something homophobic. I don’t think “this person said something mean once” is enough reason for me to care about Ross’ career (or Iris Robinson’s marriage/mental health) and want to see it on a gay-themed news site.

7. the.kitty.channel 7 Jan 2010, 1:14pm

“I am not happy with PinkNews’ recent stories…” etc (Debi Linton).

Well, I am. Nothing could put it better than this: …PinkNews.co.uk reader Karen Mills, who listened to the show, said: “How can these people earn such huge sums of public money to come out with this discriminatory rubbish? What would be the message to a young gay man listening to this? Worse still, how might such comments reinforce and support homophobic bullying in the playground?…

8. Er… yes. Pink should be drawing our attention to people who hold these atttudes.

Ross is leaving the BBC. Good. We can make at least one more quality programme with the money saved.

9. jonathan ross hater 7 Jan 2010, 1:56pm

Good riddance!!!

10. loubeelou 7 Jan 2010, 2:19pm

@ Squidgy quite agree.

11. Mihangel apYrs 7 Jan 2010, 2:23pm

let’s see: man of debatable talent earning 240 times annual pay leaves a public corporation probably for more money.

We have become a society that rewards entertainers the sort of money that keeps hospital wards running, no wonder our values are so skewed

12. We all know he’ll go to ITV and get tons of money. The man is average at best.

13. He is off to SKY no doubt for tones more cash!

14. Robert, ex pat Brit 7 Jan 2010, 2:57pm

So this moron has had a difficult year? Like what? Tough titty. He needs to spend some of his money on elocution, sorely needed. He’s an embarrassment to the English language and to the UK. I cringe everytime I’ve heard him speak. Good riddance to this overpaid, mediocre piece of white trash.

15. Rose: “We can make at least one more quality programme with the money saved.”

Oh, like “Crap in the Attic” or all that trash on BBC3?
    Well I still prefer Ross over Norton any day.

16. Hurrah is all I can say on this;; can’t stand the foulmouthed bloke!

17. Good Riddance JR and the ridiculous 4 Poofs!!

18. Jeff Duncan 7 Jan 2010, 4:59pm

Good riddance to an overly paid, pretty mundane, self-congratulatory and offensive irritating twat.

19. Funny how HE’s decided to leave, not that THEY’VE refused to renew his contract…

20. Brian Burton 7 Jan 2010, 6:02pm

Goodbyee! Goodbyee! wipe a tear, wipe a tear from your eye’ee Oh! Wossy Wossy your a big Tossy. Yippee!

21. Great. Is this the end of 4 twats and an excuse for an act! hope so.
    Oh poor Jonathon! He has some talent though. more can be said for that wart hog Moyles.

22. RobN, post 15, I was thinking on the lines of Torchwood, Season Four, but I just know you weren’t!!! Everyone’s idea of a good programme is different, isn’t it? That’s the problem. I just saw a blog on some newspaper’s online site bemoaning the loss of JR as the best thing on TV. you just can’t please everyone.

23. The Grinch 7 Jan 2010, 7:05pm

Maybe he’ll have time for a hair cut now?

24. Rose: Actually, that wasn’t so bad. Certainly better than the turgid, sickly sentimentality of the last Dr Who. Maybe now all the poofs have gone, it might get back to some good old Saturday tea-time gratuitous sex and violence.

25. Now, RobN, don’t tell me you actually WATCHED both Torchwood AND Doctor Who? There you go, licence fee isn’t wasted after all!

26. Craig Denney 8 Jan 2010, 2:22am

Dear RobN,

You lambasted me over attacking the 4 poof’s on the BBC!

Don’t fight the tide of the war on homophobic discrimination!!!

Because you’ll loose!

27. Not sure about that, Craig. RobN is very good at having the last word!

28. Jean-Paul Bentham 8 Jan 2010, 5:21am

Oh please, let him come to America. Please, please, please.

In no time he’ll be entertaining the gay penguins in Antarctica, who will be happy to have him for lunch…I mean to lunch…no, I mean for lunch.

29. Craig: I might have the last word after all. It’s “lose” – as in mislay, not “loose” – as in ‘your arse’. ;)

30. Brian Burton 8 Jan 2010, 9:56pm

No I am…RobN wash your mouth out with soap and water!