This is definitely a step in the right direction.
Why would anyone even think twice about granting funeral rights to a partner; clearly almost no one in the legislature had a problem with this. What’s up with the governor?
Carieri is a homophobic asshat (see article). I’m glad to see that the Rhode Island House and Senate did the right thing and overrode the governor’s veto.
Its pretty obvious why Carcieri voted against it, he’s a catholic and believes his cult has the moral authority on just about everything affecting LGBT people and as such, discrimination is ok. The roman cult doesn’t even want civil unions, nothing that mimics marriage.
The cult itself should be targeted. If it persists in meddling in the political process, then it should be compelled to forfeit its tax-exempt status, it can’t have it both ways, full representation without taxation, unlike LGBT Rhode islanders who have NO full representation but pay taxes. This is something that needs to be addressed in every state where there is no marriage equality.
If I was in power -
* Religion will be outlawed;
* EVERYONE has to pay taxes (you will not be allowed to claim exemptions);
* EVERYONE has the right to marry their lover (whatever sex);
* EVERYONE has the right to adopt a child on the basis it is in the childs best interest and;
* EVERYONE has the right to be an athiest and be safe from those bigoted, evil-spiritted hypricritical catholics and christians who want to “recruit you” into their dangerous tax-free religious lifestyle!!!!!
Yet another example of our enemies the Catholics showing their total lack of compassion. How do the hypocritical “gay catholics” view this?