Popbarz, the gay club owner which went into administration this week, has thanked former staff, promoters and performers.
Owner Tommy Moss said it was hoped a new Ghetto venue could be opened in 2010.
The company owned Ghetto in Old Street but said in a statement this afternoon that this would now be taken on by another promoter and will be re-opened under a new name in January.
Ghetto was forced to move from Soho to Old Street last year due to increasing rents. Administrators Ideal Corporate Solutions told the London Evening Standard that it had suffered a “significant downturn in trade” .
Moss said: “We’re very sad to say that after a rocky financial year and a costly move to the East End we are having to close the doors at the Ghetto for good.
“We are glad to say however that this doesn’t affect Popstarz at the Den every Friday (or New Years Eve) which has had the best 12 months for many years and is currently a rocking success.
“We’d like to thank everyone who has partied at both Ghetto venues and all our staff, promoters and performers who have had huge input and become like family to us.
The former Ghetto venue in Old Street has been taken on by Wayne Shires, who used to run Sub Station Soho and Crash in Vauxhall.
It will be called East Bloc and is currently still open with Beartronic on Fridays and Wigout on Saturdays.
The last Wigout at Ghetto will be held tomorrow night and wil return on January 2nd when the venue becomes known as East Bloc.