Comment : Peter Tatchell calls for a global human rights index

1. Jean-Paul Bentham 10 Dec 2009, 9:26pm

A global Human Rights Index is an excellent idea. Also, much work has already been done in this area, e.g. http://www.globalgayz.com/

It would remain for each of us to apply ourselves and to study the index, and to act collectively to advance the values of the UN, ilghrc, and the LGBT community as a whole.

We may all be inclined to believe that we are helpless, but that is simply not true; we can build a better life for future generations – we can and we must.

2. Homosexuals are not human rights defenders but violators. They easily kill the freedom of speech of any critical opponent on their political agenda. Peter Tatchell and so-called Jean-Paul Bentham are typical gay-hypocrites.

All your gay press practiced 100% political censorship.

Homosexuals are no better then fascists and communists.

3. Mihangel apYrs 10 Dec 2009, 10:16pm

Howwie, baby

my right to live unmolested by cnuts like you trumps your right to incite violence against me.

PS you really don’t know what the words “fascist” and “communist” mean, do you?

And where the fcuk do all these homophobic tw*ts come from? why are they cruising gay sitres? Or is this the new Rahman

4. Seems the only way to get anything done is by league tables now.

5. why “so-called Jean-Paul Bentham”? Do we doubt the existene of JP? Next you’ll tell me you don’t believe in Santa Claus.

Ironic to compare homosexuals with fascists and communists when fascists and communists have always oppressed homosexuals.

6. Howard IS a professional troll. Ignore him.

7. Old Father Christmas 11 Dec 2009, 2:32am

Santa Claus. He is an impostor
    and his name sounds quite vicious
    now as we all know his real name is father Christmas
    and he existed long long time before Santa Claus
    which was invented in the United States for a biscuit tin.
    Now please leave father Christmas alone!
    His fetching me a nice smooth bum boy for Christmas

8. Jean-Paul Bentham 11 Dec 2009, 3:49am

Thanks guys. At least he spelled my name right.

But he did succeed in disrupting the thread, didn’t he?

9. Brian Burton 11 Dec 2009, 12:44pm

Old Father Christmas, I’m the little Boy you forgot!

10. Great idea Peter BUT sadly I don’t think the threat of the ‘UN naughty step’ will be taken much notice of by these evil leaders who seek nothing more than to wipe us out! We already know who they are and yet we still trade with them or give them our hard earned cash in foreign aid donations!

11. ps dont eat Ugandan Green beans!

12. Lordy this man bores me!! Think we need to focus on the area’s in the UK that clearly are having problems with homophobia & harrassment. Liverpool for one…

13. Hodge Podge 11 Dec 2009, 6:15pm

Ok, Squidgy, would you rather live in Liverpool or Uganda? Not that I’m saying liverpool has it good, just homophobia is wrong everywhere. How much Peter Tatchell is actually able to achieve in Uganda is another question…

14. Brian Burton 11 Dec 2009, 6:36pm

You Belly-aching barm-pots are down right lucky to have the Peter Tatchell’s of this world fighting for Gay rights!

15. Jean-Paul Bentham 12 Dec 2009, 6:35am

Howard (2);

Hi MC. Wanna rock & roll?

16. Talking of ‘barm-pots, Peter Tatchell is in most cases is an embarrassment to the cause! I guess he might appeal to the older generation but a lot of what he’s done has been more damaging than helpful.

17. Brian Burton 12 Dec 2009, 12:57pm

Squidgy by name, Squidgy by nature Bozos like you dont know when your well off!

18. Give me Stonewall anytime

19. I’m guessing your a strong labour supporter Brian? Seems to be a Labour thing for someone with a different point of view to be mocked personally. Its the problem when Labour have been in too long you get used to be told what to do and not to have an opinion eh?

20. Brian Burton 14 Dec 2009, 5:16pm

Sure, Squidgy dear! I want you, I need you Darling…Come to me eh?

21. Er, Peter. Can you elaborate on exactly what you mean by “index”? Don’t you in fact mean database, in which case why not just come straight out and say it man, or do you fear the backlash this word automatically stirs up? Whose common purpose would such an Orwellian manouvre really serve, pray do tell?

22. Jean-Paul Bentham 5 Jan 2010, 5:26am

Tell me truly now; how many of you guys bothered to look up the GlobalGayz website I mentioned in post 1:

To me it represents the kind of Index Peter is talking about. Explore it for a few days, then ask again whose common purpose it would serve.