Hurrah! One small step for transgender people, one poke in the eye for the conservatives in Uraguay :o)
Enhorabuena, los Uruguayos! How absolutely pathetic the Catholic Church is!
Yet another step to make Uruguay the civic example of the Americas.
next will be marriage – YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!
* Homosexual sex made legal (and equal age of consent) – YES in 1934 (you heard right 1934!!!!)
* IVF access for single women and lesbians – YES in 2000
* Hate crime and anti-discrimination laws – YES in 2003
* Unregistered cohabitation legalized (people think they are civil unions) – YES in 2008
* Gay ban in military repealed – YES 2009
* Full joint Adoption rights for gay men and lesbian women – YES (not effective yet) No date set. Has the President even signed it yet????
* IVF parentage for lesbian women – pending now.
* Transgender documents (what we are currently talking about in this article) – pending now.
* Gay marriage made legal – NOT YET (after election as promised by the Government)
Yay!!! How proud I am of my adoptive country!! Let’s see if they get their reward in the footie tonight :)