PinkNews.co.uk poll: Gay support drops dramatically for Tories

1. Sister Mary Clarence 9 Oct 2009, 3:46pm

Whereas in the real world its going up and up

2. Yet it’s funny how nobody seems to mind the homophobes which the Labour MEPs sit with…

3. Brian Burton 9 Oct 2009, 4:02pm

Well, I’m putting a £10 win on Labour at the Bookies!

4. I agree that the conservatives are on the up. Cameron said a lot of good stuff yesterday, and gave praise where it was due.

The frackar around the Polish Law and Justice party hook-up has been blown way out of proportion. Poland is undergoing massive social change – way quicker than we did between the 60′s and 90′s, in fact. They are changing policy all the time to develop Poland to fit better socially with other countries.

In contrast, the Tatchell response to Harriet Harman’s Equality bill has thrown new light on so called Labour ‘equality’ too (i.e. not equal for LGBT). Why on earth did the government allow her to guide the Equality bill, when she holds, amongst other views, an anti-male stance? Equality isn’t the suppression of men. It’s equality for ALL.

Don’t even get me started on Ruth Kelly. If you want deception and cynical vote-plugging policies that have run us into the ground, vote Labour! If you want to move forward from this mess, vote Conservative…..

5. However much progress the Tories may or may not be making in terms of LGBT support, they are still lagging well behind all the other mainstream parties.

6. Should we be so afraid of letting the homophobes air their views? I’d bet that a majority of people in UK would now see through the kind of person that Kaminski is and reject his views. Let the homophobes speak out and argue them down. Otherwise it’ll just be seen as simply another of those things that people are not allowed to talk about because it’s not politically correct. Well no, I want people to see, be covinced and accept freely that LGBT people are decent and worthy of equal respect and consideration, I don’t want to be protected forever by being on a pc list!

7. Jane – no, I don’t think it’s wrong to allow homophobic people to air their views. They can only change their thoughts if challenged, and without debate, there is no challenge.

8. How much debate with Kaminski took place at the Tory conference? I think he was treated with the deference one gives to an honoured guest. He can air his views wherever he wishes, but if he is a fraternal guest at their conference it implies that his views are acceptable within the Party. And I think that, in general, they are accepted within the Tory party. So, if you are gay, you will be foolish to vote for them if you expect progress on gay issues.

9. As one of my gay friends remarked to me in the Midland Hotel which was the main conference venue on the first night of the conference, he could not think of a more packed gay bar anywhere else in the world. Oh, but then we went to the Conference Pride event and found 700 more gay Tories. Makes it rather hard to write off the Party as homophobic, simply because it cooperates with politicians from Catholic countries. I think the Catholic Church might be a better focus of gay rights campaigners than the Tory Party where blue is the new pink!

10. vulpus_rex 9 Oct 2009, 5:24pm

To misquote SMC above, “back in the real world”:

It would of course be churlish of me to whinge about the Pink News Poll, but really, the result can scarcely be a surprise given the predominantly hard left comments that populate its comment sections.

It is just a comfort to know that back in the real world the rest of the population know what is good for the country.

11. I don’t think the Tory party is homophobic at heart (it’s always been crawling with queens, let’s face it!) – it has an uncomfortably large contingent of religious crackpots, and I hope that the many forward thinking Conservatives can take the party in a libertarian direction. The whole ethos of the Tory party is that the state interferes as little as possible – whether it’s business or private affairs.

I hope the gay event made the hundreds of gay tories realise they have strength in numbers. It’s really important they use the impetus, lobby more forcefully and work to raise understanding of LGBT people and issues within the party. There’s a lot of PR work to do, especially with bad eggs like Iain Duncan Smith, and Sayeed Warsi on her ‘aggressive secularism’ hobby-horse. The gay tories can influence the direction of the party, if they get their act together. My feeling is though, moderate tories tend to be less vocal, too ‘nice’ compared to the Cornerstone group and other fanatics.

People can change once they are open to reason. I think all of us have changed our minds on many matters.

I won’t trust them with my vote just yet though.

12. A vote for the Tories is a vote for oppression for all minority communities in this country. What will an all White, Eatonian, middle aged group of wealthy men really do for gay rights in this country? Think about it, do you really believe the rhetoric you hear from them about gay rights? Will it actually go anywhere if they are elected? Mr Cameron might have softened his tone on gay rights but he is the head of a large party with members that have the poorest record on voting on any legislation supporting gay and lesbian people. They will kill off the Equality Act in its entirety and kiss goodbye to tax relief unless you are a straight middle class family with two kids – they really couldn’t give a dam about minority groups. I feel sorry for the poor Tory gay lambs that have had the wool pulled over their eyes. I was going to vote Lib Dems in the next election but definitely going to vote Labour now just stop the Conservatives getting in.

13. Following is a funny article in today’s Irish Independent about someone repeatedly defecating in an RC confessional box and afterwards wiping their bum with the altar cloth. Not nice – but you have to laugh!

independent.ie/national-news/churchs-confession-box-used-as-toilet-1908998.html

Just goes to show how reviled the RC church has become in the ROI.

14. I think the most bizarre result was that Gordon Brown still got top billing as PM. Unfortunately, I would have picked “a small dyslexic Albanian snail” as my choice, but curiously, it wasn’t on the list.

Well the typical bunch of lefty poofs on here are hardly a typical cross-section of British society, so if I was a betting man, I sure as hell would avoid putting any money on any party beginning with the letter “L”.

15. Harthacanute 9 Oct 2009, 6:47pm

Tory publicity coup FAIL!

16. Brian Burton 9 Oct 2009, 7:03pm

RobN, L for Lassunambula? Queen VR thinks the Toads will come into the Garden Maud or into the ‘Real World’ (operative word in Toad circles!)

TORY PHILOSOPHY: To get back my youth I would do anything in the world, except take exercise, get up early or be respectable.

17. @Mark W “What will an all White, Eatonian, middle aged group of wealthy men really do for gay rights in this country?”

So if a party leader was gay, black and disabled, would that mean he’d be up for persecuting straight white able-bodied folk?

This “sneering at the toff” politics of envy is the sort of prejudiced rubbish that we are supposed to be trying to eradicate.

18. Pumpkin Pie 9 Oct 2009, 8:27pm

Wowzers, that hook-up with the Law and Justice party really has hurt their reputation around here. I wonder how the rest of Britain’s LGBT community is taking it?

19. O dear . . . Presuambly “Polski Sklep” with not be doing the catering at next years Tory conference

20. Vo Dong Cung 9 Oct 2009, 8:53pm

“Conservative Conference Pride” is an organization with purpose to damage the unity of LGBT community, no more no less. Conservative alway is conservative.

21. Well, I am still backing Christine Brown and Mandy Rice Mandelson.

They should be in a civil partnership by right.

Good luck to them both.

22. Whatever the Conservative party said which I agreed with; however much they seemed to have changed; however many of the right buttons they press for me…

I cannot even consider voting for a party that allies themselves in Europe with a party like the Polish Law and Justice Party. It’s truly homophobic, it’s racist, and it’s pretty much the Polish equivalent of the BNP.

(Which isn’t to say I’d consider voting Labour again, and giving away any last remaining vestige of freedom the country has.)

23. Brian Burton 9 Oct 2009, 9:46pm

To be or not to be a Tory voter? For wheather it is nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of the electorate or drowned in an elaborate MPs expence account (known affectionatley as a swindle sheet to MPs!) Or was that a sea of troubles? Vulpus and S. M. C.
    Did you here about the woman with the glass navel? She had a womb with a view!

24. Tsuchan – word! You said it perfectly. Although I would contemplate voting Labour still, definitely.

25. trouble is, LGBT is a VERY small minority group in the big wide world. How much notice are ‘ordinary’ people outside of groups like this taking of these issues? i don’t think anyone in my neighbourhood will be considering the relative labour/tory/lib dem stance on gay rights as their primary concern on election day.

26. I was going to vote Tory , as labour are taking away our liberites daily.But I think that the Torys would free up most people in the UK , except us. They have deep rooted homophobia that will take years to go. A few Gay MPs thrown in to the mix, does not sway me, esp. twats like Alan Duncan. Its people in the back ground that I fear in the Tory party. The likes of Tebbit , Soames and the worst of them all Iain Duncan Smith. The mender of broken britain? He wants us all to hetrosexally married with 2.4 children and a volvo. He wants to takes us back to the grey 50s. No Im gonna vote labour again and take my chances

27. Justin Hinchcliffe 9 Oct 2009, 11:06pm

This poll just means Labour got all their supporters to participate. It doesn’t mean anything. In the real world, the vast majority of gay men and women – those who do not go clubbing and lead normal quiet lives – will vote Conservative.

28. Justin, where do you get your statistics from? Do you really think that most gay men and women who do not go clubbing and lead normal lives are that stupid to vote conservative?

29. Sister Mary Clarence 9 Oct 2009, 11:46pm

Bob – all the real polls do show that the Conservative Party is going to get the support from all sections of the community.

The stipid, selfish ones are those who will be voting Labour. They are playing on the me, me, me mentality of the gay community. Fortunately the gay community has matured a little and it won’t wash with most of us.

Clearly you have got some growing up to do still.

30. Is there really no other party that could fix this hot mess of a deficit in your country? Only two choices?

That’s just… frightening.

31. Sister darling, you can answer the same question I made to Justin then. Where are the polls or research suggesting ALL sections of community will support the conservatives? Those who you call “selfish ones” are still working hard to dismantle the social stigma and disability of homosexuality. If you think submission and second grade citizenship are the path to maturity, you’re the one who needs to grow up.

32. Needless to say that the only thing David Chameleon does to disperse the knowledge that the conservatives are still basically deeply homophobic is to deny it. My knowledge comes from real world experiences, which provides me with plenty of evidence that that is still the case. Listen to what I’m telling you, the conservatives will ignore all demands of equality of you silly queens, and reward only their queerish lapdogs if they keep quiet while wagging their tails.

33. Also ‘back in the real world’ (where LGBT equality apparently doesn’t matter and we perhaps should just be gay in the privacy of our own homes and not god forbid anywhere else) we still have a dysfunctional housing market with over inflated prices, fuelled initally by the ‘right to buy scheme’ and the 1980′s Greed Is Good mantra. Along with banking deregulation in the late 80′s and early 90′s where financial institutions were told how much extra money they could make on private pensions, payment protection insurance, life assurance, hedge funds and endowment plans for mortgages. And this was all going on while we placed more and more reliance on a service economy and privatised virtually everything that the state (WE)owned. And as for the Poll Tax…………I know its only my opinion and no doubt I will get the usual suspects telling me how I ‘should get over it and move on’ but this is where our present economic problems have started. Fair enough Labour haven’t done anything in the meantime to prevent whats happened and to a certain extent the Labour administrations of the 70′s caused the arrogant tory administrations of the 80′s and 90′s. There wasn’t much good that came out of the last tory government and whilst the same could be said about the present labour government, at least we have had ‘some’ social change for the better. If that change was ‘forced’ on us by the EU, it’s a good job that we had an administration that looked like it was willing to work with the EU in the first place. With our corrupted system of democracy, the choice we have isn’t much of a choice in the end and my vote is ineffectual, although not meaningless as my conscience compels me to vote at every opportunity. For me, I will be voting for the party who can convince me that they do not think it right for people (from whatever ‘class’)to be able to persue wild animals to the point of exhaustion just for them to extract some kind of sick pleasure in witnessing a painfull, prolonged and inhumane death. Besides, I couldn’t vote for a party headed by someone who was a special advisor to the Treasury (wonder how he got that job!) on Black Wednesday when we had bank base rates of 15% Some people are having problems paying mortgages on base rates of 0.5% so can you imagine what is coming?
    Right, Ive said my piece, I’ll see myself out

34. Simon Murphy 10 Oct 2009, 3:08am

Any gay person who votes Tory, is a person who does not realise, that if the Tories are allowed to continue without being challenged every step of the way, then that gay person’s liberties are up for sale, the second it becomes convenient.

David Cameron used to work in PR remember.

35. Simon Murphy 10 Oct 2009, 3:13am

I wonder if ‘Dave’ Cameron has ever had it up the bum?

He was a member of the Bullindon Club after all?

36. Jean-Paul Bentham 10 Oct 2009, 7:43am

Bob (31,32):

I am inclined to agree with you.

Fighting for our civil rights is anything but selfish.

If we do not fight for our civil rights, who exactly will do it for us.

Does every human being deserve civil rights or not?

37. Têtuniçois 10 Oct 2009, 7:51am

How can you be sure that people who vote for that poll are really gay ?
    Everybody can vote even straight tories .

38. A leapord never changes its spots!! The tories my talk the talk these days but its to win votes, let them in and they will revert to being the same old Tories with the same old hopophobes in their party. How any self respecting Lesbian or Gay person can vote for these is beyond me!! You must all be bonkers!! lets hope that the british public wise up and realise that they are the same old tories with the same old opinions and they go out and vote to keep them out!!

39. Justin wrote
    “In the real world, the vast majority of gay men and women – those who do not go clubbing and lead normal quiet lives – will vote Conservative.”

So if you are “normal” – you live a quiet life and do not go clubbing?

Are heterosexuals who live a noisey life and go clubbing then some what “Abnormal”

. . . to follow your logic so to speak

40. Harthacanute 10 Oct 2009, 10:29am

The stipid, selfish ones are those who will be voting Labour

The stupid and the selfish will be voting Conservative. The decent and the intelligent will be voting something other than Conservative.

41. Harthacanute 10 Oct 2009, 10:42am

It is only a couple of months since Sister was holding Alan Duncan up as a shining example of a gay Tory .. and as good an example of a gay Tory as he is (a greedy, selfish and corrupt pr*ck) he is hardly shining.

42. Brian Burton 10 Oct 2009, 12:08pm

As ‘Play It again Sam’ sang in Casablanca, “You must remember this, a Tory is still a Tory, nomatter how they present it. The fundamental Torys’ apply as time goes by. Tory Dogma, never out of date. Tory passion and Tory hate. The Torys love themselves, on that you can rely as time goes by.”
    It has been a long established fact that Politicions of most persausions are not pillars of modern morality.(whatever that may be!?) Most politicions are other people. Their thoughts are someone else’s opinions, and they rearly reveal their true feelings except with a slip of the tounge. We can have in life one great experiance at best, and the secret is to reproduce that experiance as often as possible.

43. @Justin Hinchcliffe (27): ‘The vast majority of gay men and women – those who do not go clubbing and lead normal quiet lives – will vote Conservative.’

In this one betrays a huge amount of prejudice. That going clubbing excludes you from being a citizen, for example, and that not being invisible makes you a ‘bad gay’. And what do you mean by ‘normal’ exactly? Acting like heterosexuals? You’ve just displayed the homophobia that lies at the heart of Conservative ideology: ‘Be normal, or be damned.’

44. Lets suppose the Tories managed to get in. What would they do? I believe they would start supporting all of those “it’s” PC has gone mad assholes. It will become PC to discriminate, hate crimes will rocket which in turn will encourage more suicide bombers to blow themselves up in London. They have said they want to give control back to schools which will allow them to discriminate with a free hand. All of those tick boxes the police have to fill in to make sure they are treating people from the minority groups ok will be trashed. The do nothing party will do nothing, they have already said they’ll carry-on with Labours policy’s with a few tweek’s here and there. A new section 28, 29 and 30 are just around the corner.

But what of the Election? Angela Merkel and President Sarkozy have downgrade ties with Tories over Europe. Women voters are up in arms with the Tories over them wanting to keep men the highest earners and they have alienated the gay community and many other minorities are just as unhappy. Old people are terrified they will cut them off in the winter.

When election day comes the only people that will be voting for them will be some Sun reading white heterosexual men and that’s not enough to win the election.

The best the Tories can hope for is a Hung parliament!

45. @Charlie(43) . . . exactly . . . and disturbing how Justin Hinchcliffe(27, appears to have a rather narrow view of what “Normal” is

46. vulpus_rex 10 Oct 2009, 2:09pm

Know what?

I don’t care about opinion polls by pink news, or the melodramtic nonsense posted in here, the smearing and the cat calling.

I am just so happy that in about 7 months time I’m going to wake up with a hang over and a massive smile because Brown and the rest of his stinking, rotting corpse of a government will be gone.

An end at last to the lies, the deceit, the corruption and incompetence that are the hallmark of new labour.

No matter how good or bad the next government turn out to be, they can never, ever match the depraved depths of new labour.

Roll on the general election!

47. @vulpus_rex . . . tell us someting we don’t know!

48. Sister Mary Clarence 10 Oct 2009, 2:45pm

Checked my postings Harthacanute, and what I actually said was:

“Whilst I think he is an insipid little sh*t (and I say that as a Tory voter), am I right in thinking he’s the only one to actually have apologised.”

So what you actually said was a lie wasn’t it? You said ‘a shining example of a gay Tory’, I said, ‘an insipid little sh*t’.

The two couldn’t be further from the truth could they?

Unfortunately this is the NuLabour truth we’ve all had to put up with for years, resulting in the country now being in financial ruin.

Pathetic

49. Sister Mary Clarence 10 Oct 2009, 2:48pm

been reading thrugh the story again and can’t help wondering why the headline is, ‘Pinknews.co.uk: Gay support drops dramatically for Tories’.

Surely much better to say, ‘Pinknews.co.uk: Polls shows how unrepresentative PinkNews readers are of the electorate at large’, or ”Pinknews.co.uk: UK’s last festering bastion of Labour support’

50. What poor, pathetic, vindictive souls the not-so-virgin Mary and Vulpus Regina really are!

51. This Poll came out on Friday.

All of the Parties have had gains while their conferences are on.

Let’s wait and see what the Sunday newspapers will say?

52. In a comment Matt writes: “then we went to the Conference Pride event and found 700 more gay Tories”.

I’d like to know what this 700 figure is based on? I was outside filming the protesters (the video is on my website) and a considerable number of people who were there were not gay and/or Tory. The ‘great and good’ of Manchester were in attendance (many Labour supporters) along with curious (no pun intended!) Conservative MPs, Theresa May, Eric Pickles etc.

One reporter told me that she had talked with a couple of dozen women inside the venue and could not find a single one who was lesbian and a Tory. I bet many of the gay men who were there were the kind who will go to any club event if (reassuringly) it costs a fortune and promises a disco diva (Angie Brown not Theresa May!) and regardless of their politics.

53. Brian Burton 10 Oct 2009, 8:42pm

Vulpus Rex,
    You describe the Torys perfectly when you described Labour mis-givings. So many Torys have been caught with their pants down. Lord Parkinson is paying for his love-child he had with his Secretary. Boris is probably chasing office girls round his desk as we speak. You cannot sling mud when the Torys are still trying to climb out of their mud-hole.

54. theotherone 10 Oct 2009, 9:34pm

I refused to complete the survey and I’m sure alot of other people did the same.

The survey did not have ‘trans’ as an option but DID have Heterosexual (obviously the wishes of Heterosexuals are more importent than those of Trannies,) it asked leading questions, it asked for your full post code when that wasn’t necessary…

Frankly it wasn’t a real poll, the methodology was WAY off and the group self selecting.

55. Brian Burton 10 Oct 2009, 11:08pm

theotherone,
    I did not do the pol either sweetie. But you must not say Trannies as though it was a dirty word. We are all equal in any community. I was watching Cilla with Piers Morgan tonight as I commented to you and I enjoyed it.

56. @ theotherone

Why would pinknews included trans in the section for sexuality as being trans is about gender not sexuality. What most people still cant see is a trans persons sexuality is very different matter to gender identity.

The poll included all trans identities in the correct place the gender section.

57. Sister Mary Clarence 11 Oct 2009, 12:16am

Cleggy – you’re right, ICM poll out tomorrow – Labour slaughtered – its a bloodbath.

Perhaps the right time to refer you to comment No. 1 on here.

Oh dear me, yes, it was mine.

Blimey, yes I was right.

Its a gift you know – if I could bottle it, I’d make a fortune.

58. That ICM poll is just as valid or invalid as the pinknews poll SMC. Can you prove its a legitimate representation of the whole of the country? No its a snapshot that can be manipulated by where and who you ask just like any other poll.

Even exit polls on election day itself have proved time and again unreliable.

The fact the paid NuTory cyber activists like Justin Hinchcliffe are watching pinknews show its all too close to call. That’s why they see the need to shout down anybody that disagrees with the NuTory spin.

59. I find it very sinister that Conservative central office are monitoring what’s being said on Pinknews comment and sends out its attack dogs like Justin Hinchcliffe to bully people. That sort of behaviour is what I would of expected in the USSR not the UK.

You don’t see the Lib Dems or NuLabour doing that.

Watch readers out the NuTories are watching you!

60. Jean-Paul Bentham 11 Oct 2009, 3:41am

Abi1975 is spot on, comme d’habitude.

61. Jean-Paul Bentham 11 Oct 2009, 7:54am

Anyone who takes it upon himself to speak for everyone, like Justin Hinchcliffe does in 27, sounds an awful lot like our friend and regular disruptor, Monkeychops, if you ask me.

But of course I don’t count because I’m so paranoid and such a crétin, hein mon beau coco.

62. Brian: Wake up luvvie, Cecil Parkinson hasn’t even been in the cabinet since 1989, and what you accuse of Boris Johnson is simply a slanderous accusation. We don’t need to chuck mud at Labour, it seems they like to just jump in the pit of their own volition.
    See John Prescott, Peter Mandelson (twice), Peter Hain, George Galloway, Keith Vaz, Ron Davies, Tessa Jowell etc. etc.

As many have already pointed out, LGBT rights are not on most people’s list of priorities at the moment, whereas the state of the economy, wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and many other factors this appalling government got us into are. Even if the Tories were equally as bad, (which I doubt anyone could be), they cannot possibly achieve the Godforsaken f_cking depths this government has sunk us all into.

63. Not sure how scientific this poll can have been, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see Tory support falling.

I have never voted labour, but I find it depressing that so many gay people show so little recognition of the pro gay reforms carried through by this government; more than all previous British governments combined.

As far as I am concerned the Tories may be starting to move in the right direction, but they need a lot longer in opposition before they can be trusted, and certainly not to govern as a single majority party.

It’s not even as if they have much to offer in other areas. They are responsible, even more so than Labour for the disastrous experiment in under-regulated laissez faire economics. They also went along with Iraq and other disastrous adventures. They show no signs whatsoever of learning from this.

I shall be happy to vote Lib Dem again, knowing that the party not only has by far the best record on gay rights and civil liberties, but has also been far more prescient about the current economic crisis, and with more positive ideas about how to end it.

64. Sister Mary Clarence 11 Oct 2009, 10:47am

Two points Abi – both indicating that on this subject to have not got a clue what you are talking about:

Firstly, the pink news and the ICM poll are (pardon the pun) polls apart. The ICM poll the ICM poll would have be run under the guidance of Nick Sparrow, one of the countries leading pollsters for many years with a wealth of expertise and experience (pay me later Nick). The poll would have been carried out in a recognised, tried and test methodology, to industry standards. the sample would have been random and the results weighted to be statisically relevant.

I am not aware that the pink news poll ticked any of those boxes.

Then only the other paranoid little rant about Central Office monitoring pink news. Someone from LGB Tory posts a comment on here, being gay an’ all, and suddenly we are being monitored. I think you’ll find that if anyone is monitoring what is going on here, it will be Labour – you may be aware, read in the papers, seen on the news possibly, that generally they like to keep a close eye on what’s going on.

65. Abi1972 wrote
    “I find it very sinister that Conservative central office are monitoring what’s being said on Pinknews comment and sends out its attack dogs like Justin Hinchcliffe to bully people. That sort of behaviour is what I would of expected in the USSR not the UK.”

Abi1972 as well as Justin Hinhcliffe I thought I would mention that we also have Cllr Stephen Ellis contributing on another thread

66. theotherone 11 Oct 2009, 11:23am

The problem, abi, with not including Trannie identities in the sexuality section is that for allot of us this is where we position ourselves within the Queer community,

By not doing this Pink News treats us in an unbelievably shoddy manner.

I would have ticked a box if it allowed me to say I was ‘Queer’ but it did not as, yet again, this was probably viewed as unimportant and a side issue rather than a real Identity.

I refuse to fill out anything that will not allow me to discuss my Identity.

As to being ‘monitored’ – why did Pink News ask for out FULL post codes? our address can be deducted from that. Surveys usually ask for the first part of your post code which is all that is necessary for statistical analysis.

Out of interest: the Daily Mail carried a story about a Transwoman wining a court case to have breast augmentation paid for by her Health Trust but Pink News has ignored it…

67. Jean-Paul Bentham 11 Oct 2009, 11:30am

Are you telling me that Justin Hinchcliff and Cllr Stephen Ellis are real people? Do you know that for sure?

There’s been a fair amount of duplicity on the threads lately; don’t ask me how I know.

68. Brian Burton 11 Oct 2009, 12:35pm

RobN Dear, Dose that mean you don’t like the Party which gave me the right to Civil Partnership. Tell me what the Tory plan for us POOFS is? I bet your just spouting hot air again!

69. Well I am gay and proud and also a tory and proud! Labour are just biting into peoples fears as they have nothing else left to do to try and get votes! Come on Dave!!!!!

70. Brian Burton 11 Oct 2009, 12:39pm

Where Is the Tory POOF opinions on this thread or are Tory POOFS a Tory Mythe?

71. Brian Burton 11 Oct 2009, 1:03pm

RobN,
    If only any Politician in the UK today was minutley trustworthy? I have been around the block a few times more than you have and I have seen what ‘Political Power’ can do to political animals that were in power before and I’m savvied-up enough to recognise the ‘Power Hungry’ when I see them. I am not going to point a finger because I would rather you made your own mis-judgements. I must admit, you can be quite brutal and frank in your general analysis of many situations that have arisen on these threads, and I for one have always appreciated your soundings. I will not endorse any call to get rid of Labour and my support is even stronger now….Cheers RobN Dear, you gorgous hunk!

72. Looky
    here!!

What the Sunday Newspapers are saying:

73. theotherone 11 Oct 2009, 1:51pm

the guardian’s not a newspaper, it’s a homophobic rag

74. Looky
    here!!

What in the Independent on Sunday!

75. Brian Burton 11 Oct 2009, 2:30pm

Cleggy,
    I don’t even buy or read ‘newspapers’ because it’s always yesterdays news anyway. The rest is just ‘The chattering classes’ chatter! Newspapers are always looking for an angle and will bend with the breeze if necessary. But you know, we Poofs rise above critisism from any quarter you can choose. Water off a duck’s back as the saying goes. We will always be critisised!.. Always.. Cleggy, what a word? It can make you shudder when you hear it. People in Love use it and spoil the romance by trying to make it last for ever. On the other hand, by remaining single, we become a permanent temptation. On cruising, gays do not find friendship, there is talk and sex but no friendship. We can be pretty good at criticism ourselves you know, I think it’s about time we began to educate the critic!

76. Melora Roberts 11 Oct 2009, 3:11pm

The Tories are lying, evil opportunists who will say or do anything to get elected. In 2000 – before he was even elected – David Cameron was defending Section 28 and criticising the Labour government as being “anti family” for their attempts to repeal it. Once he became an MP, he even voted to keep Section 28 in 2003. The government got rid of it anyway. Now in 2009, desperate to be all things to all people so he can be elected Prime Minister, Cameron gives us all some phoney apology about Section 28 – a dispicable law that he voted to keep only 6 years earlier – saying he was glad it was gone and that it must have been offensive to gay people. How convenient since the Labour government actually got rid of it despite his attempts to hinder them. Cameron, and his party, are still the vile homophobes they always were, and this “wolf in sheep’s clothing” act just won’t wash. If they get elected, the Tories will slowly but surely erase the progress we have made in recent years. I can quite easily see Cameron and his cronies allowing catholic agencies to be exempt from laws allowing gay men and women to adopt. And thats just the beginning.

77. Cleggy in the Press 11 Oct 2009, 3:34pm

The BBC has been flooded with complaints after
    allowing two BNP activists to make racist comments about Ashley Cole,
    the England footballer, on Radio 1.
    Racist
    Homophobes!

78. Brian Burton 11 Oct 2009, 4:18pm

Melora Roberts,
    Wonderful, accurate comment from you on Cameron and his ILK! There is nothing to add, you said it all…I take it you wont vote Tory then?

79. Brian Burton 11 Oct 2009, 5:27pm

Cleggy,
    Did you know the BBC is full of Gay workers, men and woman?
    Being a Gay Christian and having my Partner’s and my Civil Partnership cerimony ‘Blessed’ by our Church Minister, I asked the Minister at one point: “How come you are Gay friendly?” He replyed, “Oh! I used to be employed by the BBC, It’s full of Gays!”

80. Polls with leading questions like the ones used in this one are bound to give misleading results. Try redoing the questions without huge bias and the result may be different.

81. Harthacanute 11 Oct 2009, 7:20pm

@Sister of BS

Checked my postings Harthacanute, and what I actually said was:

You must have been VERY selective in which postings you checked then.

PATHETIC! (like all Tory voters)

82. Harthacanute 11 Oct 2009, 7:22pm

then we went to the Conference Pride event and found 700 more gay Tories

Strange. Even the organisers don’t claim that there were as many as 700 there.

83. Brian Burton 11 Oct 2009, 8:33pm

Justin Hinchcliffe,
    You and your very slick, sophisticated ‘political machine’ infact, your type of cruel Toryism I sugest is still nerchered by you hard liners. Govern by confrontation will undoubtedly be your personal policy. For your Tory friends to say Britain is brocken is true since it was expence-hungry Tory (and other political scum included!) and crooked bankers who brought Britain to it’s knees (Are you getting this Hinchy?) And so you think a group of Eton Boys with a no experiance in governing a country can simply take over? Mr. Hinchcliffe, you should be taken away by men in white coats.

84. Sister Mary Clarence 12 Oct 2009, 3:59am

Harthacanute – must I?

“I suspect though that you wouldn’t even recognise this as a complete lie, and will proffer so lame explanation as to why in fact you are right and I am wrong.”

Jesus Christ, there I go again – its like I’m bleeding psychic. how did I know that you werre going to twist it round so that I was in the wrong and not you.

Oh no, hang on, I’ve got it. You support Labour so you have no ability to recognise when you do anything wrong or take responsibility for it.

85. Steve in MD 12 Oct 2009, 6:38am

Social conservative – religious fundamentalists. The sewer pit of all humanity, though I’ll grant there are exceptions from time to time.

86. The most IMPORTANT thing that you can do for British democracy is to GET RID OF the hideous ‘first past the post’ nonsense! What a joke! At least get a preferential system where 2nd preferences can be distributed and counted!

87. Brian Burton 12 Oct 2009, 9:44am

Brenton,
    UK politics are so stuck in the ‘Top Hat and silver-Topped cane’ era, and funnily enough, the lousy scum-bags prefer to remain in that mythicle era. There is no political debate now in the UK, only Political Dictate! Now if the Torys take up Gov.org for the forseeable future, Political Dictate will resume!

88. Cleggy in the Press 12 Oct 2009, 3:38pm

Here is one thing the Tories will get wrong! The Maastricht Treaty will get the Yes vote here in the UK at a referendum! Currently the Pound is trading at 92 pence to the Euro and falling.

Those European holidays are going to get VERY expensive!

89. Brian Burton 12 Oct 2009, 5:24pm

Whatever happened to the Common Market? When The late Premier Harold Wilson said to referendum voters for C.M. entry. We will enter the Common Market even on a majority of one. Well, I voted No at the time but the vote was carried and we were in. And lo and behold we now await the election of the first President of a Federal European state…A pound to a penny bet boys’n girls?

90. Brian Burton 13 Oct 2009, 8:53am

AAAAHHHHHH! Make way for ‘NAKED X-RAY at Airports. They are not gonna see my ‘Meat ‘N Two Veg! No Sireee bob, not never, not know how!

91. theotherone 13 Oct 2009, 3:54pm

what about the fines for throwing out food that could be reused BB?

92. Brian Burton 13 Oct 2009, 5:59pm

theotherone dear, I could tell you stories but I’d be censored!

93. Brian Burton 14 Oct 2009, 1:15pm

I say, I say, I say. If you Silly lot of voters think I’m going to pay-back the money I stole from the public purse, think again.
    I’ve worked too hard and long to ever give up a bloody good gravey-train.