Graham Norton on struggling to find a partner

1. Awk, wee graham. ='(

2. Famous or not, I can’t see why anyone would want to be in a relationship with him. He’s vile.

3. Maybe its more to do with the fact that he’ll be surrounded by gold-diggers and fame wannabes. Not exactly his fault, although he could have grown a pair and showed some intelligence at the Eurovision song contest in Moscow earlier this year.

4. Lovely comment Andy . . . . not!

5. I’m sorry for him, but he does come across as a nitwit, who seems rarely capable of being serious. I’m sure that’s just an act…. though I don’t like paying my licence fee to enable this

6. Ryan Haynes - fyi radio 6 Oct 2009, 8:54am

I’ve been fortunate enough to meet Graham – he is a lovely guy and enjoys topical conversation like anyone intelligent. His personality on-air is really quite different, but he is witty and very quick and will try to make everyone feel comfortable working or hanging around him!

I can see his point exactly as a friend of mine dated him and he was surrounded by wannabes the whole time!

7. I don’t like his screen persona, but Ryan’s personal insight into him is interesting. I think Graham made a good point. Relationships ARE difficult for people in the public eye, gay or straight. Look at the Hollywood divorce rate. Perhaps he needs to step back from the limelight for a while and give himself a chance to make some friends.

8. BouncerManInBlack 6 Oct 2009, 5:11pm

well, I would happily ‘go out with him’ and even be his partner…. and keep the whole thing confidential. I have done it before and I’ll do it again.

Why have a relationship with someone and then ruin it by removing the most important aspect: TRUST?

9. The Halcyon 6 Oct 2009, 6:09pm

That’s the problem with a public persona – many people cannot differentiate what they see on television and hear on the radio with the real deal. But I wouldn’t give up if I were GN, just be honest about what one would want from a coupling (companionship, love, a soulmate, life-partner, best friend with fringe benefits etc) and seek it out.

10. Graham only said what he did to try and increase the ratings of his show.

11. Brian Burton 8 Oct 2009, 11:09am

This Jughead Norton feels he is above all that Lovey-Dovey stuff since he is a ‘Wonderfull Bright Star’ up there in the Furmament shining forth his sofisticated humour, ambiance, his ecellence!

12. Brian Burton 8 Oct 2009, 6:10pm

I can’t help knocking Norton. What’s he complaining about anyway? While he’s just doing ‘hand shandys,’ he is safe from all manner of sexualy transmitted diseases.

What did the VD germ say when it fell over a cliff?…I’m a Gonnorhea!

13. lindsaymiles 27 Jan 2011, 11:35am

Oh Graham,
    some rotton comments on here,i wouldnt worry,youre gorgeous!just enjoy youre life!…one day youre prince will come! Lindzx