Homophobic MP Iris Robinson turns down gay play invite

1. Simon Murphy 2 Oct 2009, 11:10am

Don’t really see how this is a story. Of course the old hag will turn down this invitation. But at least she keeps the hatespeech out of her reply.

2. Of course she has other engagements during the night of the play she was offered tickets for…hanging out with her bigoted pals, mis-using her job to espouse her personal bile.

3. Simon Murphy 2 Oct 2009, 11:29am

She’s probably scared. I can imagine the reception she’d receive if her withered, pruneface showed up at this play.

4. I don’t think she could reasonably have been expected to accept the invitation. It would have been extraordinarily courageous, in the light of her convictions. Hatespeech is indefensible wherever it manifests itself.

5. If she had accepted the invite my opinion of her would of went up. Well slightly anyway.

6. Robert, ex-pat Brit 2 Oct 2009, 2:05pm

Pure cowardice on her part. The truth always hurts and its clear she can’t deal with it, like the majority or right wing religious cultists. Sick people for the most part.

7. I’m surprised she hasn’t found a way to stop the performance.

8. Pumpkin Pie 2 Oct 2009, 2:49pm

By her own logic, Iris Robinson is a paedophile. Making LGBT children feel that they’re living in sin for being born the way they were and encouraging them to be brainwashed is child abuse. There we have it: Iris Robinson is a kiddy-fiddler and she’s proud of it.

9. She and her husband will be far too busy fiddling their expenses.

10. In the same month, she told the Belfast Telegraph that homosexuality was “comparable” to child sex abuse and that she was “repulsed” by the idea.

And the Belfast Telegraph published that disgusting lie. Tells you a lot about that paper!

11. Brian Burton 2 Oct 2009, 5:10pm

12. . . . probably to busy helping her young psychiatrist friend . . .

the one who allegedly can cure gays.

13. Simon Murphy 3 Oct 2009, 2:09am

Brian Burton: “I’m more interested in this second referendum in Dublin to try to overturn the first referendum that did not suit Brussles. To loose one referendum is unfortunate but to loose two referendums borders on carelesness!”

I know.

The British referendum on Lisbon went really well didn’t it?

I hope Ireland produces the same result as you voted for in Britain.

14. Brian Burton 3 Oct 2009, 7:05am

Simon Murphy, I’m on your side on this one!

15. The pictures of her are all touched up. I am sure she’s got something wrong with her mouth (and I don’t mean the garbage she spouts), some sort of abnormality; a birth defect. Of course, she can’t help that. A friend at the Commons says its noticeable even from a distance.

16. 21stCenturySpirituality 3 Oct 2009, 2:50pm

What is she for? Other engagements? Would that be a National Front march or perhaps helping your psychiatrist friend with that malpractice hearing.

17. Well the woman might be a homophobe, but she isn’t so stupid to put her head in lion’s mouth.

18. Brian Burton 5 Oct 2009, 10:30am

I hope they don’t make Iris Robinson the First EU President?

19. Jean-Paul Bentham 5 Oct 2009, 8:02pm

Robinson had said: “I have a very lovely psychiatrist who works with me in my offices and his Christian background is that he tries to help homosexuals – trying to turn away from what they are engaged in.

“I’m happy to put any homosexual in touch with this gentleman and I have met people who have turned around and become heterosexuals.”

A lovely psychiatrist, eh? Hm-m-m, sounds like fun.

How lovely is he????

Lovely enough to give Iris Robinson a brand new dildo so she could do to herself what she is doing to the gay community?

Now, please don’t take that the wrong way.

20. Yes I agree, her mouth looks as if it has been s-t-r-e-t-c-h by something very big, very thick, and bulbous.

21. Jean-Paul Bentham 6 Oct 2009, 12:56am

Oh, let’s not be too HARD-ON her; she’s probably a very decent poirson.

And I ain’t bitter.

22. Picking on her for a physical deformity is not really on, guys. Nobody can help how they look. It’s what comes out of her mouth that’s the problem, not its shape. And the point is she is an Ulster Unionist. For anyone not in the know, you could easily substitute the words BNP, National Front, or the South African National Party. They hate Catholics, gays, gyspies, Chinese, Poles, Muslims and any other ethnic minority with the temerity to settle in their territory. These are not nice people.

23. Yes, Rose, your right you mustn’t mock the afflicted. I hear she also wears a surgical boot on her right foot.

24. I’m not saying you can’t lay into her with whatever you’ve got for her disgusting politics. I just think on principle, making fun of her looks isn’t on. By all means tear her to pieces in every other way.

I find it incredible that people still believe homosexuality can be treated by a psychiatrist! This rates alongside literal belief in creationism for stupidity.

25. James McVeigh 10 Oct 2009, 4:09pm

Where to begin with this hag? I am having a nice day so I won’t reduce myself to a hateful rant. That wouldn’t get us anywhere. Im sure it will brighten many other people’s days to discover that this woman gets beaten regularly by the First Minister of Northern Ireland, i.e her husband. I have it from a very trustworthy source, a nurse at a woman’s shelter that Iris often pays them a visit and not as a politician, but a victim. Thank You Peter. You have both punished that evil whore and tarnished your own reputation all in one fell swoop. Carry on as you were Peter.xx