Celebrate Bisexuality Day 10 years old

1. Brian Burton 23 Sep 2009, 5:52pm

Honestly, I had no idea Bisexuality was any margin other than the Gay community. It’s a Ill wind that dose not blow anybody any good. This 10 year Celibrate Bisexuality is an Ill wind.

2. Lets chant together people: “There’s no such thing!”

Sorry, just winding you up. I’m bi myself. :D

3. Brian Burton 23 Sep 2009, 7:16pm

Well said thou good a faithful Lucius!

4. “There’s no sexuality like bisexuality, there’s no… ” etc etc
    Ethel Merman please get off.

Anyway, I’m bisexual. If I can’t get sex, I buy it.
    ROFL. I kill myself sometimes…

5. “Celebrate Bisexuality Day”? There are only 365 days in the year, and most of those have been bagsied by mainstream religion. How long will it be before we run out and have to double up? Werll, at least this one wasn’t invented by Clintons!

“Welcome to Bratwurst Day, now twinned with Childhood Obesity Awareness Day”. Do we really need all these days? Shouldn’t every day be “Think about those around you” day?

Seriously, though, it has at least raised awareness in my little corner of the universe: Someone at work pointed to the badge I’ve worn on my lapel for the last few years and said “Oh is that what that means … ? I always thought you were gay! I just thought that was some random country’s flag”

Oh, and @RobN – “I kill myself sometimes…” – With jokes like that, feel free! ;-)

6. every day is celbrate bisexuality day!

7. Lucius: “I’m bi myself.”

I’m sorry to hear – try getting out more.

8. Ah, I see what you did there! Comedy gold…

9. Wow, it’s nice to have a day like this, wish I knew before now so I could of actually found a way to celibrate.

People can be quite intolerable of bisexuals, I’ve heard of people who accept homosexuals but just find bisexuals as basically scum not to mention we can get abuse from homosexuals as well as hetrosexuals (or more like “hetrosexuals” with feelings they can’t explain), though now I think about it, I can’t see how having Bisexual Day will help much, maybe if there was some sort of campaign or something during the day that tryed to get the message across that bisexuality is as much a choice as homosexuality.

10. I assume the will fly the Bi-Pride flag on the fence?
    Or are they in two minds?

11. I would of liked to of thought all gay people, having been through prejudices and such, would have more consideration and understanding about how prejudices can be so wrong but I guess there has to be atleast one, pity.

12. Brian Burton 23 Sep 2009, 10:32pm

There is nothing wrong with Bisexuality, Homosexuality, Lesbianism
    Hetroseuality. Your leg bone connected to your thigh bone, your toe bone connected to your…? These things should not be pigeon-holed and everything and sundry. There is one or two Jug-Heads poking around on this thread! Piss-off!

13. @RoBN – love it- nice comment

14. It was good to see the number of events to mark Bi Day around the country growing – not just the “usual suspects” of London and Manchester but even places like Norwich had bi community stuff going on to mark the date.

15. Pumpkin Pie 24 Sep 2009, 1:31pm

Huh. Now I know for NEXT year. :p

Ah, I’m always forgetting special dates. I’ll have to make a note of it for next September 23rd.

16. Actually i think i will attend as i am bisexual and proud. Love is universal and not confined to Genders. Long live free love. Down with the Biphobes.

17. Brian Burton 24 Sep 2009, 6:12pm

Somebody (not very bright) is posing as RobN above!

18. I think that prejudice is ugly no matter what ones sexuality is. Prejudice is all about feeling good about yourself and feeling in control. can we stop knocking out brothers and sisters.

19. Quite obviously posing as me. I suspect George or Pimpkin

20. Simon Murphy 24 Sep 2009, 11:54pm

I would celebrate this Celebrate Bisexuality Day but I don’t believe in labels. I love the person not the gender. Why would I limit myself by labelling myself as bisexual?

BTW I’m not bi – I’m as gay as christmas. But I do wonder how many bisexuals will refuse to celebrate bisexuality day. More than any other sexual minority, bisexual people seem to have issues labelling their sexuality. So I presume loads of them will be appalled by this idea.

Oh – 1 more thing. I don’t know if bisexuals feel invisible. Well it’s not gay and lesbian people’s responsibility to give them a voice. If bi people want to be seen and heard then who is stopping them?

21. Gay , bi ,whatever , your all a bunch of dirty perverts.

22. Pumpkin Pie 25 Sep 2009, 12:54am

Quite obviously posing as me. I suspect George or Pimpkin

Hah! I like the new name. However, I have far too big an ego to pose as somebody else. If I do something tremendously witty, I want the credit for it, you know?

Bit of a misconception there. The occasional bisexual dislike of labels isn’t some sort of fiery indignance, it’s just apathy. No bisexual person will be “appalled” at this. A shoulder shrug is all you’re gonna get from the disinterested (although I’m sure the vast majority of us would regard this positively, labels or not).

23. Almost ironically, this night (that includes last night, this morning) was the LGBT fresher’s thing for Birmingham Uni to go round all the gay places, I dunno, it seems rather ironic being the day after Bi day.

Simon, we refuse labels because we are Bi, we don’t notice the gender or anything, we just find attractive what we find attractive, simple as.

24. Brian Burton 25 Sep 2009, 2:27pm

Northsider, Sibiria…What an ignorant Twat!

25. Jean-Paul Bentham 1 Oct 2009, 6:38am

So sorry to have missed this story.

Like Blondie, I like the way Dr. John Corvino describes bi-sexuals in his video “What’s Morally Wrong With Homosexuality”, www dot gaymoralist dot com:

bisexuals are people who are attracted to people.

Happy 10th Anniversaty; I love your flag, just love it!