Seems Gloucester is turning into a theocracy. All who voted against were Tory councillors, petty little bureaucrats shoving their morality down everyone else’s throats.
Well done Gloucester! Sex is a totally private matter and has no place in public.
I expect this in the US, not the UK.
@Lain what century you living in?
@Lain, I thought we all wanted the government *out* of our sex lives?
If the Church wants to re-start Armageddon with a Civil World War then they are heading in the right direction!
Glouchester needs a sex club? Ridiculous, what it needs is somewhere where more people can meet others of their own sexuality. It’s hardly an exciting place to go and most newbie gay teenagers there need somewhere they can hang out with other normal gay people – not a sex club!
Why not ask Chariots to set up a sauna there and keep clubs as clubs…no wonder the other article on here about tackling HIV exists!
Gay = Sex = HIV – Keep going guys! Thanks, I’m ‘really’ proud to be gay!
I wonder if there are any hetero sex clubs in Glous??
To Carl/John As I said sex is a private matter between consenting adults and as such should be fully kept out of public life. It is quite right that both central and local Government should endeavour to curtail public displays of any form of sexuality.
In addition the historic cathedral city of Gloucester would be totally unsuitable location for such an enterprise, though anywhere in the UK would be.
The church claims 80% of the Population is religious, however 79% of those people were baptised without their prior consent just after they were born.
I think the law needs to be changed to the minimum age of 18 so that people are of sound mind and body before deciding to become religious.
The club was to be a private members’ club, for consenting adults. You don’t have to knwo what is happening behind those walls Iain, unless you see fit to get a ladder and peer in through the windows.
The fact that there is some historic edifice to a tooth fairy in the sky (London also has many such buildings, we don’t mind people worshipping their imaginary friends in there) is neither here nor there.
So some company wants to open an STD Transmission Centre in Gloucester, eh? I’m sure GMFA and THT will be delighted to hear another such Centre is opening up. Their gravy trains will be able to expand, offer more jobs to the boys, open up a couple more offices in Gloucester. I do hope the company behind the scheme has liaised with the local STD clinic to see if they’ll be able to cope with the surge in the following:
* Bacterial Vaginosis (BV) – not officially an STD but affected by sexual activity.
* Chancroid (Haemophilus ducreyi)
* Donovanosis (Granuloma inguinale or Calymmatobacterium granulomatis)
* Gonorrhea (Neisseria gonorrhoeae)
* Lymphogranuloma venereum (LGV) (Chlamydia trachomatis serotypes L1, L2, L3. See Chlamydia)
* Non-gonococcal urethritis (NGU) (Ureaplasma urealyticum or Mycoplasma hominis)
* Staphylococcal infection (Staphylococcus aureus, MRSA) – Sexually transmissible.
* Syphilis (Treponema pallidum)
* Tinea cruris “Jock Itch” (Trichophyton rubrum and others). – Sexually transmissible.
* Yeast Infection
* Adenoviruses thought to contribute to obesity – venereal fluids (also fecal & respiratory fluids)
* Viral hepatitis (Hepatitis B virus) – saliva, venereal fluids.
(Note: Hepatitis A and Hepatitis E are transmitted via the fecal-oral route; Hepatitis C (liver cancer) is rarely sexually transmittable, and the route of transmission of Hepatitis D (only if infected with B) is uncertain, but may include sexual transmission.  )
* Herpes Simplex (Herpes simplex virus (1, 2)) skin and mucosal, transmissible with or without visible blisters
* Herpes simplex virus 1 may be linked to Alzheimer’s disease.
* HIV/ AIDS (Human Immunodeficiency Virus) – venereal fluids
* HTLV 1, 2 – venereal fluids
* Genital warts – (“low risk” types of Human papillomavirus HPV) – skin and muscosal, transmissible with or without visible warts
* Cervical cancer, anal cancer – (“high risk” types of Human papillomavirus HPV) – skin and muscosal
* Molluscum contagiosum (molluscum contagiosum virus MCV) – close contact
* (Cytomegalovirus CMV – Herpes 5) – saliva, sweat, urine, feces and venereal fluids.
* (Epstein-Barr virus EBV – Herpes 4) – saliva
* Kaposi’s sarcoma (Kaposi’s sarcoma-associated herpesvirus KSHV – Herpes 8) – saliva
Sexually Transmitted Parasites:
* Crab louse, colloquially known as “crabs” (Phthirius pubis)
* Scabies (Sarcoptes scabiei)
* Trichomoniasis (Trichomonas vaginalis)
Sexually transmitted enteric infections
* Various bacterial (Shigella, Campylobacter, or Salmonella), viral (Hepatitis A, Adenoviruses), or parasitic (Giardia or amoeba) pathogens are transmitted by sexual practices that promote anal-oral contamination (fecal-oral). Sharing sex toys without washing or multiple partnered barebacking can promote anal-anal contamination. Although the bacterial pathogens may coexist with or cause proctitis, they usually produce symptoms (diarrhea, fever, bloating, nausea, and abdominal pain) suggesting disease more proximal in the GI tract.
Sexually transmissible oral infections
* Common colds, influenza, Staphylococcus aureus, E. coli, Adenoviruses, Human Papillomavirus, Oral Herpes (1, 2 & 4, 5, 8), Hepatitis B and the yeast Candida albicans can all be transmitted through the oral route.
(If anyone has any doubt concerning the veracity of the above list of STDs, consult your nearest STD clinic.)
Love it Eddy!
As I said in the previous thread on this issue, Eddy, sexually liberal countries such as the Netherlands, Denmark and Sweden have much lower rates of STDs and teen pregnancies than prudish countries like the UK. Sex is clearly not the problem, this country’s juvenile attitude to sex is the problem.
There is absolutely no reason to come away with any STDs if one practises safe sex. We don’t need moralising nanny councillors (or the stone-aged prudish public, for that matter) looking after us.
@Eddy – so you don’t have much sex then? Sorry I couldn’t resist that.
Is it strictly necessary to have an LGBT sex club? Are lesbians and gays going to have sex in the same club? Puke, nausea, eeek. You won’t catch me in there if that is the case. Does this ‘company’ really have the LBGT interests at heart? Or is this exploiting the LBGT community in the city and in effect bringing it into disrepute because of money or to create bad publicity for us. A gay club with a backroom ok, a lesbian club with whatever they do – I shudder to think – ok – but mixed – something does not quite add up here.
Rich, you could have a point. A cathedral city like Gloucester (albeit a fairly humble one) and they flagrantly ask if they may establish a sex-club? On the other hand, it could be a first. Will there soon be applications going into all the County Councils of England and Wales requesting permission to set up sex-clubs?
Call me old fashioned, but I prefer to have sex with someone I’ve talked to and got to know a bit. The thought of sex clubs/saunas is a real turn-off for me. Having said that though, I think people who want to go to these places should be free to do so, but maybe the middle of Gloucester isn’t the right place?
Not too bothered either way about the sex club BUT this area def needs more gay clubs, the only decent one is in Cheltenham and its the only one in Cheltenham!!
Those Jug-Heads should have applied for just a LGBT club, then added the ‘SEX’ after compleating the transaction. There is such a thing as a ‘Gay Crass Idiot.’
Oh, Please – Mystique already died a deathin 2010/11, and should be laid to rest. It was tacky and not many people liked it, and the staff wasn’t very well trained.