Petition for government apology to Alan Turing reaches almost 18,000 signatures

1. Great news. And it’s largely thanks to our straight allies.

2. pimm vanderdonk 1 Sep 2009, 4:16pm

better late than never.

3. I’m on the list

4. This is such crap. I totally respect Alan Turing and his contributions, but the law is the law and he broke it knowingly.
    We all know the law is an ass, and things change, but it is unacceptable and foolish to ‘backdate’ legal statutes because people think differently now. I think Turing should be given the posthumous recognition he deserves, but apologies are pointless. Not only that, the people making the apologies were probably not even born when he was charged.

5. jpdugast@yahoo.ca 5 Oct 2009, 1:51am

“Turing famously invented the Turing machine and cracked the German Enigma code during World War Two, but killed himself in 1954 aged 41 after being convicted of having a sexual relationship with another man.”

I wonder why “colonials” like me can’t sign the petirion while pinheads who can sign it yurn up the opportunity to be part of creating our future.

Not you, Avid.

6. jpdugast@yahoo.ca 5 Oct 2009, 1:53am

I wondr why colonials” like me can’t sign the petition while pinheads in the UK refuse to be part of the creative process.

Not you, Aviad, or Monkey chops, or whatever you are today, if not completely hungover….barf!

7. jpdugast@yahoo.ca 5 Oct 2009, 1:57am

I wonder why colonials of the British Empire are not allowed access to the petition while self-centered dunderheads in the UK are barely aware of the possibility available to them here.

This means you, MC.

But I ain’t bitter.

8. jpdugast@yahoo.ca 5 Oct 2009, 1:59am

“…apologies are pointless…”

How would you know?

9. JP: Put a sock in it, for f_cks sake. You’re getting boring now.

10. Good grief ! Who dug this up??

Glad to be proven wrong…thanks Jess…he he

500 more signatures, that’s all !!

But wait; didn’t I hear that 10 Downing St. has shut down its petition site?? Stroud’s idea, I suppose, or is that me being paranoid, on top of being boring…he he

jpdugast@yahoo.ca

11. Terry Wagar 5 Jan 2011, 9:09pm

I don’t even believe such a law back then is legal, sounds like they were enforcing color of law, not real law! Jst because they back up that law back then don’t make it a just law! many laws are not just and need to be disputed!