Blue Peter presenter’s trans comments not ‘unfair treatment’ says Ofcom

1. Its strange how OFCOM never rule against the BBC on matters of homophobia or transphobia.

2. theotherone 25 Aug 2009, 4:52pm

why would they when we’re all freaks?

3. Brian Burton 25 Aug 2009, 7:28pm

theotherone,
    You slime-Ball, you are slithering around again. Put an egg in you sho and Beat-it!

4. If ‘she’ was so upset, why does ‘she’ refer to herself as “Miss P”?
    Either put up or shut up.

5. She refers to herself as “Miss P” because she apparently values her privacy, which was also the basis on which she brought this court action – so I don’t see the conflict. Don’t understand what you’re getting at.

6. Brian Burton 26 Aug 2009, 8:21am

Bntley,
    What is there to understand? It’s an hilarious situation! or have you no sence of humour?

7. the other one 26 Aug 2009, 10:33am

jesus Brian you don’t like me do you?

8. Brian Burton 26 Aug 2009, 10:59am

the other one,
    You got it in one Slime-Ball….. If you were honest, above board, had one Iota of humanity or even humility in you, I may re-concider?? Those Idiot non-de-plumes you use, you should ditch them sonny!

9. the other one 26 Aug 2009, 11:39am

more insults.

yawn

10. the other one 26 Aug 2009, 11:43am

sorry that should have read: more insults and a continued refusal to say what my suposed sins are.

Is this all just because I chided you over the use of mysoginistic language?

How childish.

11. Brian Burton 26 Aug 2009, 4:34pm

the other one,
    Your sin is being ‘YOU’ sunshine!!!……Darling boy, peel me a grape!

12. Brian Burton 26 Aug 2009, 6:48pm

the other one,
    Like a terrier, I will not quit or give you an inch….Watch me!

13. the other one 26 Aug 2009, 7:18pm

you need halp Brian you realy do.

I assume that this is a personal thing and you are dressing it up in cries of my suposid ‘fundamentalism.’

You’re a bully Brian, a simple minded bully.

14. theotherone 27 Aug 2009, 9:04am

still everything but actualy explaining what I’ve done.

I see I’ve actualy had as manny people defending me as joining in your childish insults.

You’ve hyjacked the whole site because of (I’m assuming) your wounded pride after I chided you regarding the language you used on a thread. This site is for discusion NOT persoanl vendetas. Can you either post examples of why I’m a fundamentaliswt or stop this childish behaviour?

Oh and don’t shout as I don’t like being drowned in spital.

15. theotherone 27 Aug 2009, 9:07am

oh and does ‘removed perminently’ another personal threat? Are you threatening violence against a female? What a man!

16. Brian Burton 27 Aug 2009, 12:44pm

theotherone,
    I’m letting things ride for now but will carefully monitor your comments.

17. It’s a generally accepted fact that once one has voluntarily appeared on TV it’s difficult to argue that rebroadcasting the same footage violates one’s privacy, unless the footage has been deliberately edit or put in an inappropriate context.

On the other hand, Ofcom have weaseled out of upholding the complaint of unfair treatment – broadcasting Mr Duncan’s insulting remarks clearly added injury to insult. By allowing them to be broadcast unedited together with the clip the BBC have indeed shown extreme insensitivity.

And Ofcom are most unlikely to uphold claims of homophobia and transphobia unless the incidents are so blatant as to amount to incitement to hatred. They will simply cite “freedom of expression”. Everyone is entitled to freedom of expression, but if that expression is insulting or abusive, appropriate consequences should follow.

Security phrase – “south chretien” (you could not make that up)

18. theotherome 27 Aug 2009, 11:22pm

JOanna: extreem insensitivity is one way of puting it…