X Factor favourite tells tabloid he is bisexual

1. Good on him for being so open at the start it now means the likes of The Sun have no oh my god shock horror story to report.

Lee

2. Stuart Neyton 24 Aug 2009, 12:08pm

I wasn’t as impressed with him as everyone else seems to be. He didn’t actually do much singing. Okay it was a good performance but would it have been as good without the music, back-up singers and audience? I want to hear what he sounds like without all that like Duane did.

3. Yay; now another reason to support him beyond the superficial ones.

I agree it’s a good move to disclose at day one too, rather than the traditional tip-toeing around it for (potentially) months then enduring the obligatory “shock horror!” coverage.

4. John(Derbyshire) 24 Aug 2009, 1:41pm

Lets be realistic here-the ONLY reason this guy DARED to ADMIT that he was “Bisexual” ( i.e. SLIGHTLY gay!!) was that the News of the World obviously threatened to spill it on their front page after their journalists had trawled through the guys private life.

As to his admission that he finds Simon Cowell sexually attractive- well what THAT means is he`s prepared to sleep with Cowell if that will curry favour and enable him to win the competition.

These people are just self-motivated opportunists who will do ANYTHING for “fame”!!

5. I dunno why he mentioned Simon though, he’s gotta see the guy every week, might be slightly embarrassing. Although, I think that anyone who fancies Simon should be embarrassed.

6. Pumpkin Pie 24 Aug 2009, 2:50pm

What a guy, being this open right at the start of the competition! Nice to see a fellow bismexual being proud of who he is despite being in the media’s eye.

7. “Bismexual”? Pumpkin? Please educate me.

8. This is what makes X Factor.

You have a guy here that’s spell his name in an unusual way. We then have the sister that died. We were informed he was a teacher –yes in stage school, not a local council run school. Could you image the council run school come September? The parent outside protesting a bisexual was teaching their kids.

This is NOT the first time this guy has sung. He has won a number of awards and was in two bands previously.

Good viewing figures – oh and the 2 twins who were models –what the heck could they model?

Lee

9. Simon McDermott 24 Aug 2009, 6:23pm

They could model socks.

10. Terrible photo- he is actually much cuter.

11. Oh. So he’s gay then.

12. “admit” that he’s dated men. God it really grates on me when people use that word when talking about being gay or bisexual. Like it’s something to be ashamed of.

13. Pumpkin Pie 25 Aug 2009, 1:42am

“Bismexual”? Pumpkin? Please educate me.

I was being facetious. I’m smexy and bisexual – bismexual! :D

Oh. So he’s gay then.

Lololol! Silly monosexual. :p

14. Brian Burton 25 Aug 2009, 8:05am

Well, there’s one thing sure in all this talk of sexperiance children of Pink…This Singer is in for a HIV/AIDS shock if he’s not having protected sex!

15. what is the problem with him being Bisexual? what’s this stuff about “no condoms”?
    I’d have thought people whop experienced hatred wouldn’t be so hateful

16. BrazilGayScene 25 Aug 2009, 3:09pm

Again some of the comments on here shock me…though I dunno why they should anymore.. Instead of being proud of this guy, him being open and honest, a good role model to kids AND bloody talented…the bitter jealous no-mark bloody queens line up to shoot down their own yet again! I sometimes want to just give up. How the hell can we ever seek acceptance from and equality with the straight community, when our worst enemies are within ourselves?

Get a grip guys, get some lives, get some personalities and get some HEART.

17. This guy says, “”I wouldn’t rule out someone just because of their gender”

He’s really screwed up in his mind — doesn’t know which sex he
    likes — anyone will do, depending on his feelings. Where did
    he get this “bisexual gene?” — seems like there’s always something new in the homosexual/bisexual arena.
    Hey…take your sexual preference choice and stay with it –
    you sound like a jerk the way you are.

18. Chester: My problem is “bisexuality” is a myth. If he’s going to have the courage of his convictions, he should come out and say he f_cks men, instead of this half-ars_d, sit-on-the-fence bullsh_t, just in case it all goes horribly pear-shaped for him, he can retreat back into the closet and claim it was all a temporary hormonal imbalance. Not to mention the fact half his audience are either teenage girls or homophobic black people, where claiming bisexuality can be put down to “just a phase” (even at 27).

19. What tw_t his put a swear filter in here? f_cking di_ksplashes.
    So much for adult conversation. It’s getting to be like Sky TV.

20. Kay from New Zealand 26 Aug 2009, 8:34am

RobN – you’re mythtaken. Many people are bisexual – even if some of us don’t use the word. With negative responses like your one, no surprise there.

21. Hank – you’ve been pwned as a homophobe
    RobN – your own bigotry against bisexuals is not appreciated or desired! there are bisexuals like Danyl and others but even gays and some lesbians hate them yet many people lie there’s a community! when was it ok that bisexuals get ignorance that would get gay men angered as it’s bigotry?

22. Kay/Chester: The only bisexuals are those in denial, or occasionally str8′s trying to appear ‘trendy’. The man should just stop dipping his toe in the pool and just jump. He’s just another faggot like the rest of us. It’s no big deal. Get over it.

23. “Hey…take your sexual preference choice and stay with it –
    you sound like a jerk the way you are.”

Ironically, you sound like a jerk too Hank. And you’ve clearly decided to stick with that.

24. Jean-Paul Bentham 30 Aug 2009, 1:01am

Here’s one just for you, Hank:

A drowning man is not troubled by rain.
    Persian Proverb

And youse is drowning…poor baby.

25. Pumpkin Pie 30 Aug 2009, 4:52am

RobN: The only bisexuals are those in denial, or occasionally str8′s trying to appear ‘trendy’.

Based on what? Stop referring to imaginary strawmen and trying to generalise everything. Are you seriously trying to tell me I’m not attracted to both men and women? Seriously? You saying you know what turns me on? That’s rather creepy.

The weirdest thing is that narrow-minded cretins like yourself can’t even see how weird some of us think monosexuality is. The amount of times I’ve seen somebody drooling after some tasty crumpet only to recoil on discovering that their quarry was in fact a very talented cross-dresser. Say what? “Wow, you’re hot! Uh-oh, wrong bits – that’s a no-go!” And you think we’re odd? OK…

Hank: He’s really screwed up in his mind — doesn’t know which ethnicity he likes — anyone will do, depending on his feelings.

Yeah, I went ahead and fixed that for you, just to emphasise the fact that you’re talking gibberish. And are a moron. But we’ve known that for quite some time.

26. Daniel Pitt 31 Aug 2009, 6:30pm

There is considerable research that bisexuality exit.; I myself am gay, but know a few bisexual people who genuinely do like both sexes. It’s not greedy, they were just born that way – consider it as keeping your options open!