4 August 2009Liverpool library apologises for banning gay magazine 13 Liverpool library managers have apologised to a customer after he was told a gay magazine had been banned from his local library.
4 August 2009Number of civil partnerships continues to fall 13 The number of civil partnerships entered into by gay and lesbian couples has continued to fall since a peak when they were legalised in 2005.
4 August 2009Gay Sherlock Holmes ‘will turn audiences off’ 85 Plans to give legendary detective Sherlock Holmes a gay twist have been attacked by a film critic who said it could turn audiences off.
4 August 2009Foreign Office condemns Tel Aviv gay killings 5 The British Foreign Office has condemned the killing of two gay people in a LGBT centre in Tel Aviv, Israel.
4 August 2009Thai boxer may face ban for posing in gay magazine 13 A Thai boxer who posed on the cover of a gay magazine in his underwear is facing a year-long ban.
4 August 2009Amsterdam mayor performs gay marriages for American-Dutch couples 1 Mayor of Amsterdam Job Cohen presided over the marriages of five American-Dutch couples at the city's Pride festival on Saturday.
4 August 2009Catholic states ‘more likely to support gay rights’ 7 US states with the highest proportion of Catholics are more likely to support gay rights, research has claimed.
4 August 2009London Pride Run to be held in two weeks 2 Former mayoral candidate Brian Paddick is to fire the starter gun at this year's London Pride Run.
4 August 2009Trans mayor censured by city council for short skirt 12 Stu Rasmussen, the trans mayor of Silverton, Oregon, has been censured by the city's council for wearing "inappropriate clothing".
4 August 2009Tel Aviv gay shooting: Israeli minister forms emergency committee 5 Issac Herzog, the Israeli minister for welfare and social services, said yesterday he would form an emergency committee to meet the needs of LGBT people following a shooting at a gay centre.
4 August 2009Couple complain of homophobia in Tesco 45 A lesbian couple from Milton Keynes say they have experienced staff homophobia several times at their local Tesco supermarket.
4 August 2009Police hold meeting to deal with East End gay attacks 23 Police are holding a public meeting to encourage people to report homophobic attacks in the East End of London.
Articles from 04 August 2009
- Chief Rabbi Lord Sacks: I’ve not come out strongly against same-sex unions, but in Judaism we don’t do them’7
- US: Boy Scouts council to vote on lifting ban on gay members+
- US church tells PinkNews: Equal marriage is to blame for violent Woolwich murder7
- US Boy Scouts President: Allowing gay boy scouts would be ‘the right decision’+
- Peter Tatchell: ‘I may disagree with David Cameron on austerity, but on equal marriage I salute him’3
- Ukraine: Gay pride rally cancelled by court for fear that it will spark violence+
- Cornwall: Tory deputy chair Sarah Newton defends abstaining in equal marriage Commons vote13
- Sir Gerald Howarth: ‘I should have used ‘militant’ rather than ‘aggressive’ to describe the ‘homosexuality community’36
- Lib Dem MP John Pugh criticised for voting against equal marriage bill — Simon Hughes and Tim Fallon abstained17
- Tory MP Sir Gerald Howarth defends ‘aggressive homosexual community’ equal marriage slur59
- US church blames Woolwich suspected terror killing on UK acceptance of gay people46
- Tory MP Sir Gerald Howarth defends 'aggressive homosexual community' equal marriage slur 59
- David Cameron called 'marriage wrecker' and warned of 'long battle' over equal marriage in House of Lords47
- Seven amusing and shocking things we learned during the equal marriage debate7
- Columnist Richard Godwin: Does Tory MP Sir Gerald Howarth 'dream that everyone in Soho wants to bum him?' 10
- Sir Gerald Howarth: 'I should have used 'militant' rather than 'aggressive' to describe the 'homosexuality community'36
- US church blames Oklahoma tornado on gay basketball player Jason Collins56
- US radio host: Employers should be allowed to discriminate against gays who 'display their lifestyle'46
- Canada lifts lifetime ban on gay men giving blood, but they can only donate if celibate for five years24
- Lib Dem MP John Pugh criticised for voting against equal marriage bill -- Simon Hughes and Tim Fallon abstained17
- London: Gay couple threatened with death in violent late night homophobic assault141
- Government considers watered down same-sex marriage bill to minimise Tory rebellion133
- Tory MP Gerald Howarth: 'There are plenty in the aggressive homosexual community who want more than just same-sex marriage'94
- France: Far right activist commits suicide in Notre Dame following legalisation of equal marriage93
- Philip Hammond: 'No great demand for gay marriage and it's upsetting vast numbers of people'73
- Government to consider abolishing civil partnerships or opening up to straight couples68
- Norman Tebbit: David Cameron has 'f**** things up' with his equal marriage bill66
- David Cameron: Gay teenagers will stand that bit taller following equal marriage vote62
- Tory MP Sir Gerald Howarth defends 'aggressive homosexual community' equal marriage slur59
- Lib Dem Deputy Leader Simon Hughes: 'Marriage should be between one man and one woman'58
Pink News on Twitter Follow @PinkNewsDownload our free app for iPhone + iPad Out4Marriage