27 July 2009Gay police couple have baby after sister acts as surrogate 10 A gay couple work as police officers are celebrating the birth of their son after one of the men's sisters volunteered as their surrogate.
27 July 2009Gay writer E Lynn Harris dies aged 54 6 E Lynn Harris, who wrote fiction on black gay relationships, has died aged 54.
27 July 2009Beverley Knight to headline UK Black Pride 11 British soul star Beverley Knight is to headline UK Black Pride 2009, a celebration of African, Asian, Caribbean, Middle Eastern and Latin American LGBT people in Britain.
27 July 2009Trevor Phillips ‘shocked’ over senior aide’s departure from equality commission 8 The head of communications at the Equality and Human Rights Commission, Kamal Ahmed, is the latest to depart the quango after a series of high-profile resignations.
27 July 2009Christian doctor reinstated after same-sex adoption row 15 Dr Sheila Matthews, who was removed last week from a Northamptonshire adoption panel, has been reinstated to the post, but is no longer allowed to vote on any cases.
27 July 2009World Outgames kicks off 1 The World Outgames 2009, a celebration of gay sport and cultural diversity, kicks off today in the Copenhagen.
27 July 2009Gay media group ranks US TV networks on gay representation 1 The Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) has released a list of the top US television networks for the representation of gay and lesbian characters.
27 July 2009Pride of the army: Soldier magazine honours gay servicemen and women 25 Soldier - the magazine of the British army - has featured a gay serviceman on its cover for the first time, honouring ten years of gay and lesbian soldiers serving openly in the army.
27 July 2009Man claims he was ‘raped and beaten’ by gay lover + A man has claimed he was repeatedly beaten and raped by his former lover, who threatened to reveal his sexuality.
27 July 2009Surrey investigates its gay history 2 Surrey county council has started an investigation into the county's gay history after the charity Gay Surrey donated its archives to the Surrey Historical Centre.
27 July 2009Rookie policeman disciplined for ‘gays on Hollyoaks’ rant 20 A newly-recruited policeman has been giving a warning by Lothian and Borders Police for a homophobic internet rant.
27 July 2009Boy George rejected by Hare Krishnas for being gay + Pop star Boy George has been blocked from becoming a fully-fledged member of the Hare Krishna movement because of his sexuality.
27 July 2009‘Gay’ insults blamed for rising number of boys calling ChildLine 6 The number of boys calling ChildLine with worries about their sexuality has more than trebled in the last five years, with many concerned about coming out.
Articles from 27 July 2009
- Florida: Lesbian teen expelled from school and charged over same-sex relationship+
- US: LGBT activists protests against removal of gay protections from immigration reform bill+
- Chief Rabbi Lord Sacks: I’ve not come out strongly against same-sex unions, but in Judaism we don’t do them’10
- US: Boy Scouts council to vote on lifting ban on gay members+
- US church: Equal marriage bill is to blame for violent Woolwich murder10
- US Boy Scouts President: Allowing gay boy scouts would be ‘the right decision’+
- Peter Tatchell: ‘I may disagree with David Cameron on austerity, but on equal marriage I salute him’9
- Ukraine: Gay pride rally cancelled by court for fear that it will spark violence+
- Cornwall: Tory deputy chair Sarah Newton defends abstaining in equal marriage Commons vote13
- Sir Gerald Howarth: ‘I should have used ‘militant’ rather than ‘aggressive’ to describe the ‘homosexuality community’39
- US church blames Woolwich suspected terror killing on UK acceptance of gay people46
- Tory MP Sir Gerald Howarth defends 'aggressive homosexual community' equal marriage slur 59
- David Cameron called 'marriage wrecker' and warned of 'long battle' over equal marriage in House of Lords47
- Seven amusing and shocking things we learned during the equal marriage debate7
- Columnist Richard Godwin: Does Tory MP Sir Gerald Howarth 'dream that everyone in Soho wants to bum him?' 10
- Sir Gerald Howarth: 'I should have used 'militant' rather than 'aggressive' to describe the 'homosexuality community'39
- US church blames Oklahoma tornado on gay basketball player Jason Collins56
- Lib Dem MP John Pugh criticised for voting against equal marriage bill -- Simon Hughes and Tim Fallon abstained17
- US radio host: Employers should be allowed to discriminate against gays who 'display their lifestyle'46
- Canada lifts lifetime ban on gay men giving blood, but they can only donate if celibate for five years24
- London: Gay couple threatened with death in violent late night homophobic assault141
- Government considers watered down same-sex marriage bill to minimise Tory rebellion133
- Tory MP Gerald Howarth: 'There are plenty in the aggressive homosexual community who want more than just same-sex marriage'94
- France: Far right activist commits suicide in Notre Dame following legalisation of equal marriage93
- Philip Hammond: 'No great demand for gay marriage and it's upsetting vast numbers of people'73
- Government to consider abolishing civil partnerships or opening up to straight couples68
- Norman Tebbit: David Cameron has 'f**** things up' with his equal marriage bill66
- David Cameron: Gay teenagers will stand that bit taller following equal marriage vote62
- Tory MP Sir Gerald Howarth defends 'aggressive homosexual community' equal marriage slur59
- Lib Dem Deputy Leader Simon Hughes: 'Marriage should be between one man and one woman'58
Pink News on Twitter Follow @PinkNewsDownload our free app for iPhone + iPad Out4Marriage