Complaint over trans mayor’s clothing choices

1. Joe E in California 23 Jul 2009, 5:31pm

I think both Stu and Brenda should appear on Bravo’s “Not What To Wear” program and see who wins!
    I vote for Stu and vote Brenda off the island.

2. Simon Murphy 23 Jul 2009, 6:39pm

Sorry – I don’t understand. He identifies as a heterosexual man but expresses expresses his gender as female. Is he FTM or is she MTF? Not being judgemental but I don’t understand this.

3. Simon Murphy 23 Jul 2009, 6:40pm

And regardless of the gender in question that hairstyle is truly, truly awful

4. simon, i can think of 4 non trans men who have had breast implants (2 in south afric and 2 in the united states), their just a cosmetic change to the men. a cosmetic change that they wanted for whatever reson. its no different than getting a tattoo.

frankly i think stu is excellent, he’s challenging gender and transgender ideas of norms and thats always a good thing. no matter how many neat little boxes we invent for poeple, someone always appears who doesnt fit in any.

5. This is why some people write LGBTQI instead of the more standard LGBT. The “I” stands for intersex. Some people recognize that their gender does not comform to their biological sex (typically thought of as transgender) BUT have no desire to actually become the opposite sex (unlike many transgender individuals). They do not believe that they are a woman trapped in a man’s body, or vice versa. The are comfortable with their biological sex, and with their gender, even though the two do not conform the way people expect them to. This individual has a desire to appear female, but not desire to become a woman. Those who are most comfortable in this sort of “in between” phase are often referred to as intersex. The way I think of it, intersex is to gender identity what bisexuality is to sexual orientation. Why do you have to pick a side?

That’s how I understand it, but I am no expert, so someone can correct me if I am wrong.

6. Simon Murphy 23 Jul 2009, 11:41pm

Ah OK. So Pink News should not really be referring to him as ‘trans’ as they are doing but instead intersex if this is what he is?

And do intersex people not have any hair sense I wonder?

7. @ mmhmmm

Thanks for giving me a good laugh I needed that today :)

Intersex is another word for a hermaphrodite somebody born with ambiguous genitalia.

———————————————————–

Just for the record Transgender is a coverall word that covers the whole spectrum of trans identities.

If I had to make a judgement on the Stu Rasmussen I would say Stu Rasmussen was a transvestite or gender queer because his gender identity is clearly male despite female presentation.

8. Jennifer Ju 24 Jul 2009, 2:14am

To be a sexy lesbian, I had been seeking my lesbian lover for long time. But there is no results. Until that day, I found my ideal lesbian lover on Pinksingles.com where I know lots of lesbian friends. Now my lover with me are enjoy our happiness on it. Are u a lesbian too? Maybe you are seeking.

9. A very interesting person! I wish our mayor was as colourful a personality. Prudes complain about ‘nude’, so a bit of cleavage and a mini skirt could be considered to be overdressed!

10. All rather sad!

11. Brian Burton 24 Jul 2009, 8:06am

She would make a fine ‘Witch Of Endor’ from McBeth….Ubble Bubble, Toil and Trouble! I’m not a celebrity, get me out of here!

12. Er wot?

13. “Just for the record Transgender is a coverall word that covers the whole spectrum of trans identities”

Not quite accurate, but it is a common usage. Some people use TG as either a third gender or non-gender. Some trans women reject being included under the TG umbrella. TG was originally coined by Virginia Prince as a way to describe TVs. The reality is that TG means so many different things to people, that I think it has become almost worthless as a way to of describing people.