Daniel Radcliffe: ‘It’s awesome people think I’m gay’

1. Vincent Poffley 15 Jul 2009, 12:35pm

Oh if only…

2. Keith Bradley-Wilson 15 Jul 2009, 12:51pm

You took the words out of my mouth, Vincent! Might I be permitted to add a “Woof!! “?

3. look at the gay face! . . am I bovvered? How refreshing to read this, BIG-UP to Mr Radcliffe.

4. The C*nt of Monte Crisco 15 Jul 2009, 4:22pm

He’s a good guy. I at least like to think he’s try-sexual :)

5. Does this mean he isn’t….Damn!

6. No – it doesn’t mean he isn’t. It just means that he is amused. Personally, not that I am a fan of labels, if I were to be forced to give him one (oooh err missus) I think he’s ‘heteroflexible’.

Definition (Heteroflexible) – Predominantly heterosexual, but hey, sh-t happens.

Definition of ‘sh-t’ – stuff, existential rather than normative

7. I think he is – gay, I mean

8. Some of these comments are tiresome. Just because Daniel is comfortable in his sexuality ie: str8, does not make him gay or even available. You cant expect society at large to grow up if we still insist on these nudge nudge wink wink remarks. He has stated this clearly – throughout his acting career he has been surrounded by gays, what’s the problem? There isn’t one. The only problem is the assumptions on this thread. Do you have str8 friends? Do they sometimes think you must be str8 ? This is Daniel in reverse.

9. methinks somebody needs an early night……..

10. Simon Murphy 15 Jul 2009, 8:11pm

As the lead actor in a series of enormous Hollywood blockbusters there is no way on earth that Daniel Radcliffe could come out as gay until the film series is over. The producers of Harry Potter went ballistic when he got his cock out on stage as part of his role in Equus. I think they will exert enormous pressure on him not to come out if he is gay.

11. “Some of these comments are tiresome. Just because Daniel is comfortable in his sexuality ie: str8, does not make him gay or even available. You cant expect society at large to grow up if we still insist on these nudge nudge wink wink remarks”
    swarmite

So true. Constantly assuming that every man (or at least all the good-looking ones) is gay doesn’t do us any favours.

Good on Daniel for at least reacting in a much more positive way than plenty of other celebs do.

12. Mihangel apYrs 15 Jul 2009, 10:04pm

In many ways being comfortable around gay people is a good role model for straight kids. He’d make a nice gay ole model, but the alternative is as good.

13. Why is it whenever there’s a bit of totty on the screen, gay men start throwing around rumours that the aforesaid muscle-crumpet might be batting for the other team? Sounds like way too much optimism to me.
    Anyway, Radcliffe is waaaay too hairy. ;)

14. Simon Murphy 16 Jul 2009, 1:40am

Moamaom; “So true. Constantly assuming that every man (or at least all the good-looking ones) is gay doesn’t do us any favours”

Sorry to disagree but Daniel Radcliffe in my view is not good-looking (unless you go for the hobbit look).

2nd of all what on earth do you mean when you say speculating on his sexuality doesn’t do us any favours? It sounds like you want us all sitting around knitting scarves and drinking Horlicks.

15. I’ll have you know, I’m rather partial to a nourishing mug of Horlicks.

16. Who cares whom he does? Lucky boys and/or girls if he does them. He’s a gorgeous boy with the right attitude.

17. Daniel Radcliffe reflects the attitude of most of our intelligent, educated young people today. Isn’t that wonderful? Gay people are recognised as being people who are part of a society with different needs, just as every other member of our society has different needs.
    Let’s celebrate our differences and, our equality.
    Isn’t this just what Gay people have been battling for for decades?
    Or could it be that some people have a different agenda………….?

18. What a nice lad eh! He’s not upset or petulant if someone says the “G” word! In fact he finds it a compliment! Good for you Daniel!

19. I don’t mind if he’s gay or straight and LGBT friendly, either is a positive role model for the younger generation. If only all straight guys we encountered were as relaxed in our presence we’d have finally achieved something like equality.

20. Oi…Simon…leave us hobbits alone you…you… hobbitaphobe!

21. The C*nt of Monte Crisco 17 Jul 2009, 8:21am

“As the lead actor in a series of enormous Hollywood blockbusters there is no way on earth that Daniel Radcliffe could come out as gay until the film series is over” But why? I thought the majority of people in thespian world were gay/lesbian or bi?! That’s what my mother assumes anyway! She still blames my am dram group for me being a big ol’ dyke!

22. Radcliffe has a great attitude – he sounds very comfortable in his own skin and very accepting of his gay friends’ sexualities.

I wonder whether this will get out into the mainstream media.

There were very polarise reactions around the world when JK Rowling said in 2007 that Dumbledore was gay. Some people loved it while others said it ruined their enjoyment of the books – some even started to make stupid assumptions that Dumbledore must have been a paedophile if he was gay! Why? Most child abusers are straight and from the families of the abused child. Why does it suddenly make a teacher a child abuser if you learn they are gay?

I hope that people don’t start attacking Radcliffe for having an enlightened attitude.