Guru challenges Indian ruling on gay sex, saying homosexuality ‘can be cured by yoga’

1. maccoinnich 9 Jul 2009, 1:36pm

I thought yoga was evidence of homosexuality?

2. Simon Murphy 9 Jul 2009, 1:40pm

His email address is cc-web@swamiramdevyoga.com

Here’s a sample email to send him. This yoga freak needs a little shake. Then again he runs a business flogging DVD’s – so his yoga expertise is also fake.

Dear Swami Baba Ramdev,

I have thrown out the your Yoga DVD’s and will not be purchasing them ever again.

This is as a direct response to your incredibly stupid, offensive comments about homosexuality – namely that “It can be treated like any other congenital defect.”

What type of hateful monster are you that you could say such vindictive, cruel and untrue things.

Your comments about homosexuality reveal your ignorance and stupidity. The fact that you know so little about real life indicates that on the subject of yoga you are also a fake.

Yours in disgust”

3. Thanks, Simon. Have personalised the gist of your template and sent it.

4. Simon Murphy 9 Jul 2009, 1:51pm

Not that I’ve actually ever bought one of his DVD’s. Yoga teachers may be very flexible in the sack but have you experienced their personalities ever. They are usually mung-bean chewing vegan extremists living on planet Zorg.

Their flexibility in the sack is nice though.

5. Oh, dear. So, the next time I pass a yoga class, I can shout “homophobes” at them?

Must remember not to find myself in a yoga position, or I’ll start wanting to look at women’s breasts and watch football….

6. I’ve been doing hatha yoga and pranayana for 40 years or so. As I have gotten older, I have learned to listen to what my body needs instead of imposing a strict daily routine, so it has become more pleasant with age. My body knows what each posture can do, what combinations of postures can do, and my body tells me what sequence of postures it wants to follow.

I can’t imagine why a swami familiar with hatha yoga would say that homosexuality is a desease. A vestige of colonialism, maybe.

It has taught me to be perfectly comfortable with my gay sexual orientation, and to enjoy sexual relations. There’s nothing like ejaculating with a smile on your face! Yea yoga!

7. silly old swami!

8. yoga may cure of homosexuality but it certainly doesn’t cure of stupidity!

9. Stuart Neyton 9 Jul 2009, 2:49pm

This is hilarious. I love yoga. It’s certainly never “cured” me of homosexuality.

10. anyway, isn’t he shooting himself in the foot there? He is challenging the decriminalisation of homosexuality but saying it’s a disease. What country criminalises illnesses?!

Indeed it being a disease was (I think) part of the argument for decriminalisation in the UK in 67.

the guy is truly an idiot!

11. Commander Thor 9 Jul 2009, 3:08pm

Good point zefrog! I know some other crackpot who claims all sexual feelings must be suppressed – it’s quite a common theme amongst Those Who Must Not Be Named to repress any form of sexuality in humans in order to better keep us in serviance. It was one of the themes of Nineteen Eighty Four by Orwell.

Also, He argued that if gay sex is legalised, “tomorrow people might seek permission for having sex with animals”.
    Erm, no, not really. No intelligent being would claim this. The reason is that animals cannot give conscent.

12. The religious nuts continue to come out of the woodwork at every opportunity. Shave his beard off and he would look quite feminine. Wonder what he thinks about if he dares to satisfy himself.

13. Erroll Clements 9 Jul 2009, 3:55pm

He’s so bloody ugly nobody would want to touch him anyway, maybe he needs a makeover by ‘Queer Eye for the Straight Guy ?!! Maybe he needs to link up with that Robinson bitch who claims her friendly pschco can cure poofs ! Just what the world needs another religious nutter !

14. If yoga is a cure for homosexuality
    ..does that mean that bleach may be a cure for the colour of some people skin?
    Funny, I thought both ones sexuality & colour of ones skin was a natural condition?
    ….unlike religion which is surely a choice.

15. Funny Swami Baba Ramdev should say that… one of my gay mates dragged me along to a yoga class (under protest) in Manchester Buddhist centre, the front window of which has a clear view of a rather upmarket block of flats. I was going through the motions of my yoga exercises facing the window when I saw a hunky looking guy through the flat windows opposite hoovering his hardwood floor wearing nothing but a pair of flannel boxer shorts. He was taking his sweet time about it too.
    After that, the instructor had great difficulty bringing my attention back to the class.
    So no, if curing gayness was the aim, that could be classed as a fail!

16. homophobia. the universal disease.

17. Brian Burton 9 Jul 2009, 8:22pm

This pink story is not worth commenting on!

18. Extraordinarily stupid . . . and orange does not suit him.

He should get a style guru
    He should get a therapy guru
    He should get a more advance yoga guru to help in stick his extraordinarily stupid head right up his arse.

Just a few thoughts

19. I have never understood anybody liking yoghurt.

My mum used to eat it by the bucket but I always found it too bitter and if it’s got fruit in it, well so much the yuckier.

Ah well, ‘chaque un a son gout…’ as they say, but not if you live in Connecticut; they shout at you if you eat yoghurt there…

‘I COMMAAAAAAAAAAND…..!!’

Locally baked Eccles cake and custard, pour moi..!
    Much more civilised!

Keith.
    SALFORD.

20. What is it with these dweebs, anyway…all this dressing to impress?
    Dressing to let you know just how different/more worthy/more spiritual/more ‘in-tune with God’/ more betterer…I am, than you..and thus I have the right to dictate to you, how you should conduct your life!
    And yes, I did mean to say, ‘more betterer’.

If it’s not the frustrated old bags that taught me as a child, 60 years ago with their outrageous, starched wimples and veils or the acres of haberdashery still favoured by pontiffs and prelates today, then it’s to dress up looking like a gigantic JAFFA with a hornets’ nest on the fizzogg.

I couldn’t buy ANYTHING off that man, not a CD or a DVD, nowt, and I cannot ‘buy’ anything from a pulpit either for the same reason.

How can anyone take these schmucks for real?

I can never hear the message for the vision in front of my eyes; never get past first base and take the sermon on board for looking at the gear and the knick-knacks, croziers, daft party hats, big tall black hats 6 sizes too big on the bonces of some silly little Jewish kid who thinks he is ‘it’ five minutes after Bar-Mitzvah. His ‘choochie’ (Mike, Bernie & Schnorbitz Winters) little face framed in an enourmous cart-wheel of a black hat at 14 when he should be out playing football; NOT his fault, I hasten to add, but his ma’s and pa’s; another generation of nutters on the way.!

Pass me a yoghurt..

Keith.
    SALFORD.

21. …and no, I didn’t mean to spell ‘enormous’ as “enourmous..”
    Me proof reading went awry at that juncture; too bizzy wi’ me yoghurt.

I wonder how many Rollers Jaffa face has..?

Anybody remember that other charlatan wot got his ‘ooks into the Beekles…Maharishi Hasheesh Yogi, was it…?
    How many Rollers did HE have?
    Not just the one, I can tell you!
    Well if that’s what this guy is about, then all power to his egglebog.
    If he can make sponduliks out of gullible morons, I apologise and wish him all the best; nowt like separating fools from their cash.

The RCC has been doing it for centuries, in one form or another; the Buddhists for lots longer.

Good luck to the man; good luck to them all and the gypsies on the Blackpool piers and the prom. for the forthcoming season..!

But I have rumbled yer; seen yer comin’..!

Keith.
    SALFORD

22. Looks to me like swami is sitting most comfortably on a butt-plug. Did I say that?

23. Bentham!!
    WHAT are you doing up at this hour of the morning..!
    And furthermore… a good Catholic boy like you should not know anything about such things…
    K

24. i treat my homosexuality by taking it up the ass
    he needs his brain to be treated.religious freak!

25. All religion is poison at its heart. Religious leaders – qualified in nothing, experts in talking white noise, superstition and bigotry.

26. My email to the Silly Swami was unfortunately rejected. It came back with a message saying “Silly Swami’s Mailbox is full!” Hopefully full of our emails of objection?

27. From reading the comments here, I am now peaty sure that homosexuality is indeed a disease that needs cure!!

28. #27
    …and ‘peaty’ sure also that the sun goes around a flat earth, as well, huh.?

In spite of the weight of scientif …….

Earwig! Oh! Again!

Keith.
    SALFORD

29. he has one formula for all ailments. Has he ever handled a single case of homosexuality or cured, as he claims?

30. William Courson 13 Jul 2009, 12:58pm

As a student of yoga and a teacher and practitioner of its sister science, ayurveda, I am hesitant to level criticism at anyone, much less pass judgement on another. In this instance, I must make an exception.

Swami Ramdev’s actions have nothing to do with yoga or healing nor with the Sanatana Dharma. His attempts to bring the sanctions of the criminal law against the life choices of others categorize him as an enemy of freedom and truth, willing for the sake of egotism to sacrifice the happiness and well being of millions on the altar of the god of self-aggrandizement.

Some notion of the Swami’s concept of and committment to promoting health might be had from his fraudulent claims of curing AIDS, cancer and – most egregiously – his promotion of a purported ayurvedic “medicine” labelled Putravati, supposed to help women to selectively give birth to sons.

Swamiji’s efforts to promote the marginalization of homosexuality and the dispossession of gay and lesbian people of their human rights may well win applause in the homophobic, misogynistic backwaters of the subcontinent’s countless villages. His condemnation of the peaceful methods of Mohandas Gandhi and the utility of non-violence in gaining India’s independence bloodlessly may play well to the right-wing rump of Indian reactionary politics, but he has revealed himself to a much wider world to be a charlatan and a poseur.

This is no man of God, and his reprehensible conduct is a disgrace to the sannyasin’s robe.

31. Im watching the ringer, starring johnny knoxville
    These special guys are far smarter than this ignorant swami

I thought of a few ways to eduacate this stupid, ignorant Baba Ramdev
    One is education, another would be to give him aids and watch him “cure” himself, the other would be a cricket bat.

Three guesses which i would enjoy most x