Northern Ireland MP Iris Robinson cleared over homophobic “abomination” comments

1. David North 1 Jul 2009, 11:43am

This is a sham……..

2. Stupid bitch.

3. Brian Burton 1 Jul 2009, 11:49am

What a white-wash! This Homaphobic cretin now has been given licence to say what she likes about Gays and no redress. Well, lets watch her closley from now on.

4. 1) Religious inspired bigotry gets special treatment (again); and

2) Mr Frawley, just what outrage do you have to come out with in order to break the Assembly Code then?

5. not surprised one bit. its northern ireland- only straight white christians count (and half of them only began counting a couple years ago)

its the bible belt of the uk and an embaressment to the country (i say that as someone living there)

6. How did she get away with these evil homophobic lies.
    Gays, lesbians and bisexuals are not at all comparable to pedos
    this is wrong – she should be punished

7. All of Northern Ireland are killers and murders.
    I am allowed to say that now aren’t i?

8. Give the bigoted lot of them back to Ireland we want no part with them.

9. J Mathews 1 Jul 2009, 1:35pm

Northern Ireland; the land of the homophobic, racist, religious bigots.

It is sad to see people twisting their own words, and telling lies in order to defend the indefensible.

Wise up Northern Ireland. Hatred breeds Hatred.

10. J Mathews 1 Jul 2009, 1:40pm

Blood on her hands. A lady of hate, who knows sweet f*** all about homosexuality, apart from the mis-informed lies of her fellow presbyterian bigots, led by king of the bigots, Ian Paisley.

Bigotted hateful liars the lot of them. I hope she burns in hell for spreading hatred against innocent, harmless people.

11. Simon Murphy 1 Jul 2009, 1:47pm

The Republic of Ireland don’t want them either.

Write her an email to tell her she’s still being monitored.

12. Simon Murphy 1 Jul 2009, 1:47pm

To: robinsoni@parliament.uk; peter.robinson@niassembly.gov.uk; info@dup.org.uk

Dear DUP

Just because assembly ombudsman Tom Frawley cleared Iris Robinson of homophobic hate speech does not mean that she has gotten away with it.

If Robinson engages in hatespeech ever again there will be a similar reaction from the gay community. Next time it will be combined with a campaign to discourage business from investing in Northern Ireland. Coupled with the racist violence in recent weeks against the Romanian community it will be very easy to argue that business should not invest in Northern irelad thanks to the homophobic, racist facist nature of the country as embodied by the wife of the First Minister.

Robinson will be monitored and reported to the police every time she tries to incite hatred against any law-abiding minority group.

Yours sincerely

13. Excuse me – just flicking through my bible for the bits which says homosexuality is like paedophilia and is a mental illness… Oh, but wait! I can save myself the trouble! All I need to do is say that’s how I and my fellow haters interpret it!

She’s an evil, ignorant cow who won’t even admit that she hates LGBT people, but uses ‘religion’ to hide behind while she spouts her lies and incites hatred.

14. Har Davids 1 Jul 2009, 2:09pm

I think that upholding religious beliefs is like a mental illness; so let’s be sorry for this creature, but work hard at the same time to keep her and her ilk out of any kind of public office, while at the same time stop treating religulous (see the movie) groups as if they deserve all their privileges.

15. This excuse for a woman is truly evil. I am shocked by the double standards at work here! Such shameful hypocrisy. That long-accepted touchstone of comparing homophobic remarks has to come into play here. If she has said that black people were paedophiles, or were dirty or lazy etc etc then she would have lost her job.

16. Simon Murphy 1 Jul 2009, 2:40pm

Well we’ve all seen how hundreds of Romanian families were terrorised into leaving Northern Ireland by racist mobs in recent weeks. Northern Ireland is country defined by hatred and sectarianism – particularly from the likes of religious fundamentalists like Robinson. That is why it is important to keep writing to the DUP to let them know that their evil extremism will have financial consequences for their country.

17. This is old news from March, so the bitch got away with it but who expected anything different? That’s why Northern Ireland is in the state it’s in because it’s leadership is backward and corrupt to the core and they are above the law. Open your eyes people, the real thing we should be worried about is why the law does not cover this religious sickness and gives religion a free ride to say whatever it likes.

18. Lezabella 1 Jul 2009, 2:57pm

“#8: Lezabella: “Give the bigoted lot of them back to Ireland we want no part with them.”

The Republic of Ireland don’t want them either.

Write her an email to tell her she’s still being monitored.”

Erm….that wasn’t me who said that Si, it was Abi1975.

I just called her a stupid nitch, which she is!

19. Erroll Clements 1 Jul 2009, 3:16pm

Fu***G Cu***g Two Faced Bitch, hope she gets her come uppance and gets gunned down by her fellow Irish twats !

20. Why are we so suprised? The North of Ireland is still a bastion of hate. Look at those Romanian refugees! The South of Ireland could/is be a million miles from it these days with its liberal views; well done them.

21. Simon Murphy 1 Jul 2009, 4:00pm

Sorry Lezabella – I’m hallucinating. My lord and saviour Jesus appeared to me and I fell to the floor in spasms of joy. Hence the name error ;)

22. Lezabella 1 Jul 2009, 5:39pm

Ha ha no worries Simom!

23. Sorry but I’m from Belfast and let me tell you that the vast majority of this city and indeed country do not agree with what she has to say. I think it is quite sad that the people on this forum are engaging in such hatred akin to what she said by saying that everyone from NI is ‘backwards’, racist, bigoted etc. Hypocritcal?

24. Just one more reason why I will never visit Northern Ireland for the forthcoming future. So her bigotry has been approved by this report, state-sanctioned it seems.

Of course its quite OK for the people of Belfast to attack the Romanian population and hound them out of city, and its fine for them the chase down and murder a loving husband & father just because they are hyped up after a Rangers vs Celtic, never minding of course the countless terrorist murders, knee-cappings and drug-deals…but they can’t tolerate us homosexuals, that would be immoral!

25. I’m glad I live in a country where vilification is against the law

26. That’s the same reason why Nick Griffin and his BNP followers can still spout their racist rhetoric. We will never eradicate racism or homophobic language, they’ll have to be a forever fluctuating and hopefully manageable issue in our civilizations.

27. To Anon, sorry, of course all the people of Northern Ireland are not raceict, sectarian homophobes. BUT you have to admit your fellow countrymen and women have not done themselves any favours over the last 40 years since the bin lid banging right through to the Omar bombing nd everything in between; its no wonder people still seem sceptical on this side of the Irish Sea!

28. Simon Murphy 2 Jul 2009, 11:32am

#23: Anon.

We are all aware that not everyone in Northern Ireland is a backwards bigot.

But bear in mind that in 2008 the wife of the First Minister of Northern Ireland said that homosexuality was an ‘abomination’ and worse than paedophilia. She said this about a law-abiding, tax-paying minority group. The First Minister defended her; the police didn’t charge her with incitement to hatred and now Stormont says she did nothing wrong. She is painting such a savagely backward picture of Northern Ireland. And to date she refuses to apologise for inciting hatred against a law-abiding, tax-paying community (who she is also meant to represent).

Then when you add in the horrific images of racist gangs terrorising Romanian families into fleeing the country in their hundreds only a few weeks ago it is only to be expected that people view Northern Ireland as viciously cruel and backward.

Iris Robinson will likely be re-elected if she stands again. What does that say about her constituents?

29. In the words of Harvey Feirstein: The real point…’this Bitch is not getting’(Added) …is that you cannot harbour malice toward others and then cry foul when someone displays intolerance against you. Prejudice tolerated is intolerance encouraged. Rise up in righteousness when you witness the words and deeds of hate, but only if you are willing to rise up against them all, including your own. (You hear that Dumb BITCH????) Otherwise you must suffer the slings and arrows of disrespect silently. ” End of quote. So keep your snout shut you dumb tart!! No homosexual or their loved ones or friends will ever respect you again, you two faced bitch!!!

30. As a gay catholic from near Belfast, I’m not surprised to hear these vile comments from Iris… for decades Iris and the rest of her so called nazi party have hated catholics and only wanted a government for hardline religious protestants.. it seems that now she has had to accept catholics in government she wants to move onto the gay community… I don’t want a bigoted party like this in government however for someone who looks forward to a United Ireland in the near future – Iris is just speeding the prospect of this closer… sooner there is a United Ireland, Iris is going to have to face working in a government with a majority of catholics and hopefully an Irish government that would remove her from her position in seconds if she came out with such filth again…

31. Hey Har Davids, you said, “I think that upholding religious beliefs is like a mental illness;”

I’d like your comment on what’s wrong with the Ten Commandments? What, if following them, shows mental illness? When you make such a broad comment, you’re on dangerous grounds – there’s much wisdom and common sense in much of religious writings, and
    you can’t condemn it entirely because then you show ignorance of much spiritual goodness that mankind has accepted and it has made things better for us all.

32. Dave North 4 Jul 2009, 2:49pm

Hank. Drop dead.

33. Hey Dave, you said, “Hank. Drop dead.”

No problem…when I do I’m going to heaven…sorry you can’t
    say the same.

34. Ok Hank calm down, first you are defending the spiritual goodness of the bible then you are deciding who is going to Heaven when they die? wtf? Firstly the bible belongs to a different discussion this is about Iris and secondly, you can’t decide who gets to go to an imaginary place after they are dead simply because it’s not real.

35. “Dear Iris,

THANK you for doing so much to educate people regarding God’s Law. I
    have learned a great deal from you, and I try to share that knowledge
    with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend the
    homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind them that Leviticus
    18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination. End of debate.

I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some of the specific
    laws and how to follow them. My important Biblically-based questions
    are listed below the fold. I know you have studied these things
    extensively and thus enjoy considerable expertise in such matters, so I
    am confident you can help.

1. Leviticus 25:44 states that I may possess slaves, both male and
    female, provided they are purchased from neighbouring nations. A friend
    of mine claims that this applies to the Irish, but not English people.
    Can you clarify? Why can’t I own some Englishmen?

2. I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in
    Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair
    price for her?

3. I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her
    period of menstrual uncleanliness – Lev.15: 19-24. The problem is how do
    I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offence.

4. When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a
    pleasing odour for the Lord – Lev.1:9. The problem is: my neighbours
    They claim the odour is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

5. I have a neighbour who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus
    35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated
    to kill him myself, or should I ask the police to do it?

6. A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an
    abomination – Lev.. 11:10, it is a lesser abomination than
    homosexuality.
    I don’t agree. Can you settle this? Are there ‘degrees’ of abomination?

7. Lev.21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have
    a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wriggle-room here?

8. Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair
    around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by
    Lev.19:27. How should they die?

9. I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes
    me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

10. My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev.19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments
    made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also
    tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go
    to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them?
    Lev.24:10-16.
    Couldn’t we just burn them to death at a private family affair, like we
    do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)

Thank you again for reminding us that God’s word is eternal and
    unchanging.

Your adoring fan,

Robert”

36. My comment was to:

Hey Joe, I was commenting to the above comment by Har Davids.
    that’s why I made my comment. He made a ridculous comment that
    he can’t defend by any pyschological/mental/sociologica evidence
    to make such a comment.

In fact, my belief is that anyone who cannot follow/accept the good principles in the Ten Commandments, has some sort of sociological/psychological illness that makes that person somewhat antisocial and not adhering to accepted
    commonsence principles that have make mankind more civilized
    thoroughout ages — tell where the mental illness of spriitual
    livng is a fact.

If you would check into religuous history for most civilizations, you’d find that they all believed in a life hereafter — thought somewhat different than that of true Christianity, there is an inherent sturcture that makes people believe in a higher life — except for heathens and antheists. mSo your comment below doesn’t detract from my comment to the above Har Davids comment, and I don’t have to calm down because I’m living in this plane, much like you but with a different belief system.– You’rs is based on a theory of evolution that focuses on rocks and fossils that were fomed 10,50, 100 million years ago and from a theory that your life was created from a swamp that had some chemical and
    was struck by electiricity and — your ancestor was started and
    finally came to fruitition that produced you — but of course
    it’s a theory that can’t be proved and of course the creation
    of life cannot be replecated to show that your theory is in fact
    a “fact”

So before you make a criticism, read the entire comment that I
    was referring to as you said, “Ok Hank calm down, first you are defending the spiritual goodness of the bible then you are deciding who is going to Heaven when they die? wtf? Firstly the bible belongs to a different discussion this is about Iris and secondly, you can’t decide who gets to go to an imaginary place after they are dead simply because it’s not real.
    You totally deny any historical writings of ancient spriritual
    evidence thats been found in various countries by archeologists
    who have no Christian agenda, but prsent the findings of their
    diggings in various countries. Open you mind and read what they
    offer and then make your negative comments.

37. David North 8 Jul 2009, 1:04pm

#34 Joe.

Thanks for saving me from eternal damnation by Hank.

I just got so peeved that day reading the same old illogical bile that Hank spews forth.

It becomes very tiresome after a while, and I just thought. “Drop Dead”.

If his maker is so bloody good, why doesn’t he just bugger off and meet him all the quicker, leaving the rest of us in peace.

38. Hey Har Davids, you said, “I think that upholding religious beliefs is like a mental illness”

I’d like to hear your list of mental illness symptoms that
    I should be manifesting since I uphold religious beliefs, as
    do hundreds of millions of others. I hope you’re a psychiatrist
    or psychologist so you have some credibility to your statement.

39. Dave North 9 Jul 2009, 9:02am

Actually Wank. OOps Hank.

Its a PhD in Radiology, therefore not in Psychiatry.

However Iv’e seen enough idiots looping there way through A&E (ER) to know nutters when I see them.

Where is the credibility in your statements?

Prove them dear boy.

40. Hey David, I don’t understand your convoluted logic.
    You made the statement, ” “I think that upholding religious beliefs is like a mental illness”…and
    YOU’RE ASKING ME.. “where is the credibility in my statements”

To start… you haven’t answered my question when you
    said, …”I think that upholding religious beliefs is like a mental illness” How can you expect me to accept your statement without your giving me evidence when you make reference to a mental illness by those who hold religious
    beliefs. Your statement is totally without merit since you don’t tell me how you can believe it without any bonafide facts. In fact, you can’t give me any psychological/medical/sociological
    evidence that having a religious belief system is some sort
    of mental illness.

But for those who hold religious beliefs, how do you account for some of the greatest scientists and innovators in their scientific studies of astronomy, physics, chemistry, geology, zoology, et cetera who hold the belief that they are thinking God’s thoughts after Him. As the psalmist says, “Great are the works of the Lord, pondered by all those who delight in them.”

A favorite ploy of evolutionists is to portray all Creation Scientists as pseudo-scientists (and apparently have a mental illness according to you).

In fact, some of the leading scientists in their fields are creation scientists (in spite of
    their mental illness (ha!)).

Dr Raymond V. Damadian – Inventor of the MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) Hailed as one of the greatest diagnostic breakthroughs ever, this technique, using advanced principles of physics and computing, without the risks of exploratory surgery or the radiation.

Dr. John R. Baumgardner (Geophysicist)
    U.S. News & World Report (June 16, 1997) devoted a respectful four-page article to the work of Dr John Baumgardner, calling him “the world’s pre-eminent expert in the design of computer models for geophysical convection.” Since 1984 he has been employed as a technical staff member at Los Alamos (New Mexico) National Laboratory.

Dr Ian Macreadie (Molecular Biologist and Microbiologist)
    Author of more than 60 research papers, he is a Principal Research Scientist at the Biomolecular Research Institute of Australia’s Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organization (CSIRO), and national secretary of the Australian Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology.. In 1995 he won the Australian Society for Microbiology’s top award, for outstanding contributions to research.

Dr. Raymond Jones (Agricultural Scientist)
    This, combined with Dr Jones’ other achievements in improving the productivity of the tropical grazing industries, caused CSIRO chief Dr Elizabeth Heij to describe him as ‘one of the top few CSIRO scientists in Australia’.

Dr. A.E. Wilder-Smith (3 Doctorates and a 3-star NATO General)
    The late Dr. Arthur E.Wilder-Smith, an honored scientist with an amazing three earned doctorates. A former Evolutionist, Dr. Wilder-Smith debated various leading scientists on the subject throughout the world. In his opinion, the Evolution model did not fit as well with the established facts of science as did the Creation model of intelligent design.Dr. Robert Gentry (nuclear physicist)

Dr. Robert V. Gentry is a nuclear physicist who worked 13 years for the Oakridge National Laboratory as a guest scientist. During the time he worked there, he was recognized as the world’s leading authority in his area of research. It is interesting to note that when he began his research, he was an evolutionist. Today, Dr. Gentry is a fully convinced young earth creation scientist.

I could give you a long list of other such great Christian scientists, but that doesn’t seem necessary to prove my case and you won’t accept them anyway.

Hey David….I’m waiting for your “evidence” that creationists and religious belief holders are living under a form of mental illness.

41. The reasonwhy the police did not charge Iris is that she did not say attack the gays etc all she said was the in her opion (and the bible of course) that it is wrong.

Some of you have to start acting correctly, and more grown up first of all all those signs saying witch of the north, its should be witch of Northern Ireland.

England Scotland and Wales is as bad as Northern Ireland at times. With gun crime blacks against blacks, some of your comments about irish she is british and if its too hard for you to understand you should go back to school that will teach you that Northern Ireland NEVER leave the UNION.

Yes she did say bad things about the gays but come on most of you people on here call her irish etc so you get what you get, (what goes around comes around).

Again she did not target any one out she did not say that gays should be kicked to death.

42. stephen kay 6 Aug 2009, 10:22pm

@ Hank
    Dont you have anything else to do other than spew religious crap at gay people. Go fuck yourself you bible fucker!! Also I really don`t want to go to your heaven to me it`s proberbly hell. So fuck you.

43. What a bitch!

44. pissed of 18yo 12 Jan 2010, 10:26pm

all the english coming on here complaining about northern ireland and how it operates, these people saying these things are the people YOU put here! during the ulster plantation! they are from england, scotland and wales originally… and theyre the people that stand for your union, which the irish don’t want. so think about that before you say anything else (have a look at the photo, shes standing in front of your union jack spouting things like that-if anything, we should be calling you all bigots, but some of us dont sink that low)