Stonewall riots deputy inspector claims police were “on the side of right”

1. Whatever you say, ociffer.

2. Yeah, didn’t you know? Some of his best friends are gay.

3. Hm-m-m, an interesting suggestion. Are we at the beginning of discovering another big lie of the homosexualist political movement with its fight for “rights”?

4. I don’t think that officer understands the concept of something being “pretext.” For example, in my city, some bars got in trouble for selectively enforcing the dress code. The bars said you could not come in if you wore certain shoes, but they would let white people in with those shoes. But when black people wore those shoes, they would tell them they violated the dress code and keep them out. The fact that they came up with a pretextual reason for discriminating does not mean that it was not discrimination.

Similarly, maybe there were dirty drink glasses and noise complaints at Stonewall 40 years ago. But was that WHY the police raided? I doubt it. Did they raid ever bar that potentially had dirty drink glasses? I doubt it.

5. * every bar

6. Simon Murphy 24 Jun 2009, 7:24pm

Well if it’s true that the police raided the bar because the Mob hadn’t paid them that week’s hush money/pay-off then what he says is not true as that would mean the police were punishing the patrons for the police’s participation in illegal activity. It is illegal for the police to accept bribes after all.

7. Dave North 24 Jun 2009, 9:22pm

I’m sure, the Klu Klux Klan thought they were on ” the side of right”

8. What the officer was trying to say was the protection money did not get paid so they decided to crack some skulls!

9. Dirty drink glasses, the police aren’t health inspectors. Mafia, the Gay mafia when did we get one of those, can I join? And who follows a dress code.

But the real flaw with this guys story is that they regularly raided the Stonewall Inn, it wasn’t a one time occurrence, this is why the gays got fed up and fought back.

I don’t even know why is trying to rewrite history.

10. Reality Check 25 Jun 2009, 1:52am

Comment by Simon Murphy — June 24, 2009 @ 19:24

True to form, the gaystapo make spurious accusations against their accuser when their bleeding hearts are offended.

11. Brian Burton 25 Jun 2009, 6:53am

BEWARE of the ‘BUM’ they call REALITY CHECK always LURKING, always close to us. Why? He taps the computer keys with one hand and with the other–Jerks himself off!…..Clever trick that!

12. Mihangel apYrs 25 Jun 2009, 8:34am

No he was on the side of the “law” if what he says is true. But we all know the “law” isn’t necessarily right or just.

And I really wish I could find troll-remover: “reality-check” and “Alesha” are just plain annoying with their whitterings!

13. Yes, officer, and the moon is made of green cheese, and pixies live under my hedge. Dirty glasses and unconventional dress? It sounds like the whole of Manhattan in the swinging sixties! Do you all remember Mae West? She put on a stage comedy about drag queens in the 20s and in the 50s she said she had done it to warn wholesome America about the moral dangers of homosexuality. Describing exactly the same event in the 80s, well, what do you know, she said she had done it to give liberating visibility to her gay friends. She was retrospectively trimming her sails for the changing wind, like this policeman. It was no more convincing.

14. Reality Check and Alesha are a pair of absoloute tits!

They’re still in the camp of “Being gay is a ‘lifestyle choice’, you have better rights than us, you’re going to hell, blah blah blah”.

Fucking mental cases. I wouldn’t even be surprised if it’s the same virgin under both different names, sorry, I meant ‘dude’ not ‘virgin’. Freudian slip, my mistake!

15. Lezabella, how true. I think it’s weird also. Closeted gay site lurkers,,,, creepy.

16. Nell Frizzell has focused on an item of the The Brian Lehrer Show (WNYC-FM) dated June 23. The same item was mentioned in The Advocate (www dot advocate dot com). That’s all well and good.

However, if we were to take a few minutes to view the video-clip of the show (I don’t need to tell you how to research the Net), it would be plain to us all that the objective of the show, which was entitled ‘From Stonewall to Gay Marriage’, had more to do with celebrating the 40th Anniversary of the birth of Gay Liberation in America than with the confused memories of 89-year-old Seymour Pine.

According to The Advocate: “While Pine acknowledged that the Stonewall Inn in the West Village was known as a ‘gay headquarters’, he sounded genuinely confused when asked whether any antigay bias existed among police officers on the streets at the time.”

In fact, Pine’s exact words were: “I’m sorry, I didn’t get that.”

In reality, The Brian Lehrer Show’s guests included Stonewall-veterans Danny Garvin and Tommy Lanigan-Schmidt, as well as historian David Carter. Seymour Pine was briefly interviewed by telephone during the show.

I realize that journalism is a highly competitive industry, and that reporters can’t always be expected to spend too much time delving into things.

In my opinion, Frizzell’s article is an invitation to listen to a most interesting and informative episode of The Brian Lehrer Show.

17. Brian Burton 26 Jun 2009, 10:32am

Written on the toilet wall of a Soho night club: Oh! these Gays….They’r…They’r..so Gay!!
    Actually, it’s streaghts that disgust me when they say: “Drink up, I want to go and give my Bird one up th spout!”

18. Tiglathpileser 29 Jun 2009, 11:14am

“Reality Check and Alesha are a pair of absoloute tits!”

I guess if your education was second rate and you haven’t got anything to say all you can come up with is such infantile statements like this, but I guess it makes you feel superior and justifies you being so angry that we don’t all bow and scrape to the gospel according to the gaystapo.

“They know nothing of the real world or the inequality and hardship faced by many gays for no reason other than a different taste in the bedroom.”

And what is your proof for such a comical and self serving statement?

Time and time again, scientists have claimed that particular genes or chromosomal regions are associated with behavioural traits, only to withdraw their findings when they were not replicated. “Unfortunately,” says Yale’s [Dr. Joel] Gelernter, “it’s hard to come up with many” findings linking specific genes to complex human behaviours that have been replicated. “…All were announced with great fanfare; all were greeted unskeptically in the popular press; all are now in disrepute.”

Suffering from truthphobia by the sounds of it an dI am led to beleive that homos are the camp ones.

“These people are obsessed with homosexuality, and gay and lesbian sex more than we are, and we’re actually gay! I think it’s weird.”

Your truthphobia is showing!!! Seeing as I have never had lesbian sex and you are having it all the time, I think the word “obsessed” applies to you, don’t you? If it doesn’t, then the word doesn’t mean what the dictionary says it does.