Groups threaten to publish names of US gay rights opponents

1. Simon Murphy 9 Jun 2009, 12:24pm

Seems fair enough.

Ordinarily I would be against such a move but seeing as the people who signed those petition are actively campaigning to introduce apartheid into Washington then they lose their right to privacy. If you campaign to remove the rights of a law abiding minority group then it’s only reasonable that you surrender your own right to privacy.

Publish all the names, addresses and emails.

2. Tony Konrath 9 Jun 2009, 12:41pm

This is a little inaccurate. The details are available as part of the public record. All that the groups are doing is making them more easily available. I know, for example, exactly what my neighbors gave to which of the national parties in the recent elections and who gave to each side of the Prop 8 debate.

3. Jean-Paul 9 Jun 2009, 2:19pm

Let’s never underestimate the American Gay Liberation Movement. Yea Stonewall!

4. Robert, ex-pat Brit 9 Jun 2009, 2:50pm

Now the shoe is on the other foot. These protesters are the same people who exposed businesses that supported marriage equality in California and published their names to induce a boycott. What a bunch of hypocrites. They always play the victim when the tables are turned on them. You can bet religion is at the root of all the noise in Washington state. I hope this comes to fruition, these bigots need to be exposed for what they are. The problem with them is, they’re so hypocritical they can’t even take ownership of their hypocrisy and really shouldn’t care if their names are published if they’re honest, clearly they are not.

5. Pumpkin Pie 9 Jun 2009, 4:45pm

I totally agree with Simon Murphy’s sentiment, but I think scare tactics such as this are immoral. If they were politicians or big-name tycoons of some sort, I’d be OK with it, but these are just powerless bigots.

I’m still going to laugh, though. Yeah, I’m a hypocrite. It is wrong, but it’s also very funny.

6. Let the bigots be known!!!

7. Ricky Leliefeld 10 Jun 2009, 5:19am

I think lots of people would be for this if it were the white segregationist movement filling out petitions,So why not Homophobes?Racist,Homophobe=Bigot

8. HAPPY BIRTHDAY JUDY GARLAND (1922-1969) !

9. Bulls eye. Lets publicly OUT THEM as haters. Time they feel like they are looking in the mirror.

And my biggest single issue with the gay community is that everyone needs to be OUT.

Once you break the segregation via terrorism of who is gay, and all their friends and people around them realize that good people they know and love are gay, it will be the end of the power of the religious right.

And then we can focus on the churches who use God to hate part of His Creation. Get the public focus on them. Ultimately they will preach only to the dust in the pews and the dust of their departed.

And their churches will become museums dedicated to teaching future generations about hatred in the name of God and Jesus.