American Idol runner up Adam Lambert ‘to address sexuality rumours’

1. This man needs to be a role model. I say the sooner the better.

2. Pumpkin Pie 30 May 2009, 10:25am

Totally. Glambert rocks. :D

Speaking of snubbed potentially-gays, what a shame Greg Pritchard didn’t make it through to the next round of Britain’s Got Talent. He’s hot, he’s stylish, and he’s a 24-year-old man with a falsetto singing voice. How the hell could he not get through?!

Oh, that’s right: Piers is a tool, Amanda’s a tool, and Simon’s allergic to anything that challenges mainstream ideals (as evidenced by the wonderful Diana Vickers’s early departure from X-Factor). Out of the 10 acts that made it to the finals, about 23 of them are singing children. SNORE. And then there’s the “hilariously” cheeky, talented, but rather over-rated Susan Boyle, who practically has a free pass to victory. The only finalist acts I really even like are the saxophonist and the two Michael Jackson-inspired male dance troupes.

Bah, it’s my own fault, really. Why the hell do I keep watching these utterly pedestrian, mainstream travesties, expecting interesting, unique, perception-challenging acts to get anything more than a passing glance? Silly, silly Pumpkin.

3. Pumpkin Pie 30 May 2009, 10:26am

P.S. Was I the only one who thought Greg was gay? It’s not the singing voice, it’s just him. Maybe it’s just wishful thinking. ~<3

4. Who gives a shit anyway? It’s American trash TV, and he didn’t even win it! It’s hardly headline news. Is this all this website can come up with?

5. A supporter 31 May 2009, 11:58am

rob, you should really watch your language on this forum, and it is a huge issue! Maybe you don’t understand all of the different facets that surround gay male visibility and should just pipe down and place your angsty and irrelevant wall posts elsewhere

6. Ryan Haynes - fyi radio 1 Jun 2009, 9:04am

This guy had the most amazing vocals I have ever heard from a man – what a weird weird outcome if it’s nothing to do with his sexuality.

7. In lots of these competitions the 2nd place is the one who ends up with the successful career while the winner goes down the pan. Look at Will Young. The winning doesn’t matter too much; I am sure he will be a good role model for young LGBT people.

8. A supporter 1 Jun 2009, 1:55pm

Will Young won Pop Idol actually!

9. it’s a Mad World, folks.

10. Why have I heard about this? i live in spain? is it really that important if his gay or not?… he should´ve been clear from the very beginning… in our 2008 edition of Operación Triunfo (similar to Idol) half the guys were gay, and there was an (afro)American amongst them (called Chipper)

is it really such a big deal?

11. A supporter 2 Jun 2009, 12:40am

It is Carlos, it really is, you just don’t get it.

12. I don’t care what Adam’s sexual preference is and it has nothing to do with how his voice sounds. Adam and Kris both can sing notes that are out of this world. I get goose bumps when I hear them sing. I haven’t had this feeling since the 1980′s. The music these days just seems so bland along with the people that do them. It was refreshing to have Adam’s shock-wave voice on A.I. The way his voice makes me feel, he could sing in a monkey suit or an extra limb. It sounds the same on a CD or the radio, so it doesn’t matter if Adam is gay or not. I Don’t Care! I believe that both will be superstars.

13. Lezabella 2 Jun 2009, 1:33pm

It’s obvious he’s gay anyway so what’s there to discuss? Yawn.