Gay Tory MP Alan Duncan apologises over expense claims

1. Brian Burton 11 May 2009, 2:58pm

Keep your head down Alan and go off somewhere with your Partner. Keep your mouth shut also. Once you start a verbal defence, things just get worse. When Matthew Paris of the Times said Mandelson was Gay on BBC 2 Newsnight prog. It got passed over untill Mandy started twittering on about it. Like the Miss California deal, it will be a nine day wonder!

2. Sister Mary Clarence 11 May 2009, 4:28pm

Whilst I think he is an insipid little sh*t (and I say that as a Tory voter), am I right in thinking he’s the only one to actually have apologised?

3. David Burgess 11 May 2009, 4:32pm

Resign!

4. Good for Duncan, he’s done the right thing by apologising – its refreshing that a politician can publically recognise he/she was wrong instead of playing smoke and mirrors like the present ministers usually do.

But why does Pink News have to refer to him as a Gay Tory MP? I notice that the broadsheets (including the Telegraph) reported on Duncan’s claims without once feeling the need to label his sexuality in any headline or text. His sexuality is completely irrelevent to this story, why does PN feel it necessary to employ this outdated tabloid approach?

5. How can any sane, gay person be a Tory voter unless you are, as some other post suggested,Sister Mary Sinister!

6. Sister Mary Clarence 11 May 2009, 4:55pm

As per the story run on here recently Neville, “Gays and lesbians ‘more likely to vote Tory’”, I will be voting Conservative.

After all the dishonest and lies that have been exposed recently, that gay people can still buy the lie that Labour ‘gave us’ equality, rather that Europe ‘forced it on us’, I cannot understand.

7. It may well be the case that Europe had a lot to do with the legislation being enacted for gay rights, but you may not remember the occasion when Tory members led by the bigot Duncan Smith tried to overwhelm the committee which was empowered to authorize secondary legislation in relation to gay rights. A larger number of Tory bigots tried to force their way into the committee room and attempted to browbeat the woman chair-person.

8. I see some people (e.g. Neville) still live in the past of Mrs T.

Relating to the other article he refers to (Ben Bradshaw says Telegraph is homophobic for report his expenses claim) – has he noticed this site in this article says “Ben Bradshaw claimed for the full mortgage of a home he only half owned” does this mean “Pink News” is being homophobic too?

9. Simon Murphy 11 May 2009, 6:54pm

Well done for apologising.

When will he be repaying the money he claimed though?

10. vulpus_rex 11 May 2009, 7:25pm

Nev – I would normally vote Tory but here in Kentish Town the only chance of getting rid of the sitting Labour MP is to vote Lib Dem so maybe I’ll have to do that.

I’ve just checked with boyfriend and he thinks I’m sane – and we also discovered we don’t know anyone who would be thick enough to vote Labour.

11. Liberal Democrat is the only sensible party. But unfortunately the party contains the bigot Alan Beith!

12. So Sinister Mary Clarence has admitted publicly that she is “a Tory voter” . . . which means she’s a Tory through and through . . . which means she’s as twisted and reactionary and backward thinking as some of the outrageous Christian fundamentalists we’ve had on these pages in recent times.

How the truth outs.

13. vulpus_rex 11 May 2009, 9:05pm

I think Eddy’s comment betrays him as a die hard Labour supporter.

I think this also discloses a sub-normal intelligence that blindly seeks to defend the utterly indefensible.

14. These mp scum are only sorry that they have been found out. It shouldn’t take an ethics degree to work out you shouldnt expect the taxpayer to fund your gardening/tennis court/swimming pool/mortgage when you earn what some would regard as a fortune. I think my local Labour candidate for the next general election will actually represent me so I will be voting for her and as I see it Labour are the lesser of four(or more) evils. And I don’t care what I get called on here as thanks to the tory mismanaged local authority, I get called far worse most times I leave the house.

15. Tories fiddling their expenses? Surely some mistake!

16. If some one apologises for having his hand in the till does that really make him more trustworthy. . . ?

Surely the real issue here is that no political party is blameless with regards to these claim expenses. . . !!!

17. Brian Burton 12 May 2009, 8:30am

Now, now Vulpus Sweety The indefensible was John Major Bonking In the cabinet offices with Edwena Curry! Boris is about now chasing young, female secs. round his desk becha! George Osborne bending to kiss some Russian Billionaires pinky ring! Give us on this site A break for once.

18. Good for you, Brian. And wasn’t it a Tory caught dead in leathers on his kitchen table with an orange stuck in his gob? Nothing wrong, of course, with leathers and sucking on oranges . . . unless you belong to a party or faith that binds itself to a completely different set of values and way of life.

We’ll see, after this morning’s news, how the Contorted Self-Hating Tories on this Forum deal with their Tory exposed for having claimed for horse shit! LOL. Tories LOVE horse-shit, of course. They’re full of it.

19. Does it matter if you are Gay or straight when you have your snout in the public trough! They are all trying to wriggle out of this one and quite frankly playing the Gay card is as much an insult to hard working Gay people as much as the whole thing is to hard working straight people!

20. Gay or not, he should go to jail together with all the cheats and fraudsters.