22 April 2009Gay Nepalese MP looks towards greater acceptance of gays and lesbians + Nepal's first openly gay MP, Sunil Pant has single handedly put gay rights on the political map in Nepal since founding the Blue Diamond Society (BDS).
22 April 2009Adoption and fostering by gay couples to become easier in Scotland 11 Scotland's Children's Minister, Adam Ingram (pictured), has announced that the Scottish Government will introduce regulations to make it easier for gay couples to jointly adopt children.
22 April 2009Conservatives still fuming as Iowa heads towards its first gay marriages 2 Iowa became the first Midwestern state to allow gay marriage on April 3 but conservatives are still expressing disdain over the decision.
22 April 2009Police appeal after London homophobic attack + The Metropolitan Police are hunting a group of teenagers who carried out what is believed to be a homophobic attack on two men walking on Beryl Road, Fullham, West London earlier this month.
22 April 2009Gay humanists denounce London Christian “gay cure” conference 96 The Gay and Lesbian Humanist Association (GALHA) has denounced a two day "gay cure" conference that is being held in London this weekend.
22 April 2009New York State passes trangendered protection law 3 The New York State Assembly passed the Gender Expression Non-discrimination Act yesterday.
22 April 2009HIV/ AIDS charity to close 3 The Global Strong Trust, the award winning cyber charity has announced it will suspend all trading on Sunday 31 May 2009.
22 April 2009Football Association begins research on homophobia in sport 2 The FA has started to conduct research in an attempt to crack down on gender discrimination and homophobia.
22 April 2009Mum fined for homophobic abuse of her son 23 Celia Duncan, 42 from Aberdeen has been fined £250 for shouting homophobic abuse at her 16 year old son, Stuart O'Neill.
22 April 2009Transexual tennis star beaten at Buenos Aires tournament 2 It has been over three decades since Renee Richards became the first transsexual in professional tennis.
23 April 2009Police investigation into website that targets Portsmouth councillors 1 Hampshire police are to investigate a website that contains "scurrilous and intrusive postings" about the private lives of seven elected councillors in Portsmouth.
23 April 2009Claims of anal torture of gay Iraqis “consistent” with human rights violations 20 A leading LGBT human rights organisation has said that reports of horrific torture of gay Iraqis by militias "are consistent with patterns of human rights violations being reported from within the country."
23 April 2009Christian pop star Twitters her support for gays 21 Miley Cyrus, the teen star of the Disney Channel's Hannah Montana, has said that Jesus loves gay couples.
23 April 2009There is nothing shameful about being gay says Wolverine 10 Hollywood star Hugh Jackman has said he isn't gay.
23 April 2009Singapore’s LGBT community plans ‘pink dot’ event + An unusual day in the park planned for next month will show support for Singapore's lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans population.
23 April 2009Colorado man guilty of murdering trans teenager 2 A 32-year-old man has been found guilty of first degree murder of a trans woman in the US state of Colorado.
23 April 2009Stephen Fry ‘should be the patron saint of England’ 4 Forget St George and his dragon-slaying, maiden-rescuing activities.
23 April 2009LGBT groups say police are harassing gays in Ukraine + More than 80 people who were arrested at a gay club in Kiev earlier this month by police had their human rights violated, it has been claimed.
23 April 2009THT marks 25th anniversary of blood test with HIV warning 6 25 years ago today, on 23rd April 1984, the US Health Secretary, Margaret Heckler, announced the ground breaking discovery that HIV is the virus that causes AIDS.
23 April 2009Gays urged to vote in European Parliament elections 2 The European Parliament elections are taking place between 4th and 7th June and gay rights group ILGA-Europe has recently launched a campaign encouraging people to take part.
Articles from April 2009
- UK: Ugandan rapist who claimed he was at risk of homophobic persecution deported+
- Florida: Lesbian teen expelled from school and charged over same-sex relationship+
- US: LGBT activists protests against removal of gay protections from immigration reform bill+
- Chief Rabbi Lord Sacks: I’ve not come out strongly against same-sex unions, but in Judaism we don’t do them’12
- US: Boy Scouts council to vote on lifting ban on gay members1
- US church: Equal marriage bill is to blame for violent Woolwich murder14
- US Boy Scouts President: Allowing gay boy scouts would be ‘the right decision’1
- Peter Tatchell: ‘I may disagree with David Cameron on austerity, but on equal marriage I salute him’9
- Ukraine: Gay pride rally cancelled by court for fear that it will spark violence+
- Cornwall: Tory deputy chair Sarah Newton defends abstaining in equal marriage Commons vote14
- US church blames Woolwich suspected terror killing on UK acceptance of gay people46
- Tory MP Sir Gerald Howarth defends 'aggressive homosexual community' equal marriage slur 60
- David Cameron called 'marriage wrecker' and warned of 'long battle' over equal marriage in House of Lords47
- Seven amusing and shocking things we learned during the equal marriage debate7
- Columnist Richard Godwin: Does Tory MP Sir Gerald Howarth 'dream that everyone in Soho wants to bum him?' 10
- Sir Gerald Howarth: 'I should have used 'militant' rather than 'aggressive' to describe the 'homosexuality community'41
- US church blames Oklahoma tornado on gay basketball player Jason Collins56
- Lib Dem MP John Pugh criticised for voting against equal marriage bill -- Simon Hughes and Tim Fallon abstained17
- US radio host: Employers should be allowed to discriminate against gays who 'display their lifestyle'46
- Canada lifts lifetime ban on gay men giving blood, but they can only donate if celibate for five years24
- London: Gay couple threatened with death in violent late night homophobic assault141
- Government considers watered down same-sex marriage bill to minimise Tory rebellion133
- Tory MP Gerald Howarth: 'There are plenty in the aggressive homosexual community who want more than just same-sex marriage'94
- France: Far right activist commits suicide in Notre Dame following legalisation of equal marriage93
- Philip Hammond: 'No great demand for gay marriage and it's upsetting vast numbers of people'73
- Government to consider abolishing civil partnerships or opening up to straight couples68
- Norman Tebbit: David Cameron has 'f**** things up' with his equal marriage bill66
- David Cameron: Gay teenagers will stand that bit taller following equal marriage vote62
- Tory MP Sir Gerald Howarth defends 'aggressive homosexual community' equal marriage slur60
- Lib Dem Deputy Leader Simon Hughes: 'Marriage should be between one man and one woman'58
Pink News on Twitter Follow @PinkNewsDownload our free app for iPhone + iPad Out4Marriage